Epic WOW moments...

Lt_Bromhead

Dec 14, 2008
So I've just finished an Alterac Valley BG.
And it was EPIC. :p

Both teams just went hell-for-leather to the middle of the field and had a massive punch up right in the middle.
It was truly awesome fun. :)
Paladins and warriors backed up by a whole team of healers and (for some reason) both sides were flooded with ice mages. Massive epic fun. :D

Was just wondering if anyone else had some particularly epic or fun World of Warcraft moments they'd care to share...? :)

geK0

Jun 24, 2011
During the WOTLK naxxramas era, a few of my guildees and myself were just messing around at the Nagrand arena, killing eachother. After about 10 minutes of that, a random alliance player wanders near us, naturally we killed him; being the ass holes that we are, we also corpse camped him.

After a few minutes of camping this level 60-something, he logs off and goes onto his level 80 druid, who we then killed and camped (not sure how he expected to kill all three of us). After a while, we see a group of three alliance players flying toward us, who eventually overwhelmed us after a somewhat lengthy battle.

What do we do? We convince about three of our other guild mates to join in to turn the tide of the battle. After a while, there were close to 20 players on each side just brawling outside of Nessingways camp (and making it near impossible for any lowbies to hand in their quests). This battle lasted for about 40 minutes before it turned into a camp fest once we eventually overwhelmed the allies.

Lt_Bromhead

Dec 14, 2008
geK0 said:
During the WOTLK naxxramas era, a few of my guildees and myself were just messing around at the Nagrand arena, killing eachother. After about 10 minutes of that, a random alliance player wanders near us, naturally we killed him; being the ass holes that we are, we also corpse camped him.

After a few minutes of camping this level 60-something, he logs off and goes onto his level 80 druid, who we then killed and camped (not sure how he expected to kill all three of us). After a while, we see a group of three alliance players flying toward us, who eventually overwhelmed us after a somewhat lengthy battle.

What do we do? We convince about three of our other guild mates to join in to turn the tide of the battle. After a while, there were close to 20 players on each side just brawling outside of Nessingways camp (and making it near impossible for any lowbies to hand in their quests). This battle lasted for about 40 minutes before it turned into a camp fest once we eventually overwhelmed the allies.
Sweet :D

Not had anything like that myself yet.
Though I'm not usually flagged for PvP very often. Only if I'm feeling cocky. :p

geK0

Jun 24, 2011
Lt_Bromhead said:
Was on a PVP server : p

another fun time was when 20 of my guildees held the storm wind auction house for about an hour on saturday night x D

Jul 5, 2009
Probably when the horde invaded stormwind when I used to play it. I wa like a level twenty something human paladin and I just left stormwind when I stumble uppon a fucking horde army sitting outside the gates. Next thing I know I'm standing outside the throne room in this maelstrom of lvl 80's killing the shit out of each other. Thankfully I managed to be useful and used my pathetic magic to Rez some of my fallen comrades. Needless to say the horde weren't happy about that.

Lt_Bromhead

Dec 14, 2008
Death_Korps_Kommissar said:
Probably when the horde invaded stormwind when I used to play it. I wa like a level twenty something human paladin and I just left stormwind when I stumble uppon a fucking horde army sitting outside the gates. Next thing I know I'm standing outside the throne room in this maelstrom of lvl 80's killing the shit out of each other. Thankfully I managed to be useful and used my pathetic magic to Rez some of my fallen comrades. Needless to say the horde weren't happy about that.

lol - did they all turn on you? :p

Rblade

Mar 1, 2010
me and 2 friend started a group of horde characters. A tauren druid, a blood elf priest, and me a tauren warrior (the tank). We went and 3 manned all old world content as early as possible, quests deep read and mobs being over our level we tried to make it difficult.

if we pulled carefully it wasn't really hard at all, old world content was terribly balanced for all improvements characters had been getting through expansions.

but at one point in the scarlet monestary, I accidently pulled 2 groups down the stairs in the armory. And from that 2 runners picked up 2 more pulls, so now we had 5 guys on me and 5 guys comming our way. So my buddy drops into bear and hops onto the adds, we start rotating what little cooldowns we had and just beating at those guys with all the aoe we could muster to keep aggro of the healer. And after what felt like 10 minutes we finally beat them all down.

now I head perfect smooth boss exectutions in 5 man heroics that felt good, or talked a badish group though difficult encounters on my bear tank that they could never have beaten with a selfish tank. and that was all cool.

but that SM run, just going against the hardest the game could be at that level (short of 2 manning it) that felt pretty damn epic.

looking back we were probably not all that good, it probably was possible to 2 man that fight. but at that time there was the only legitimate high 5 I ever did for a game (we live in the same area)

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
First time I trial-ed WoW. (did it twice in a row)

I was pretty damned impressed by the sheer size of the place.
That was last year btw.

Black Arrow Officer

Jun 20, 2011
While doing Blackrock Depths, some guy in our group decided to grief us. He pulled all of the mobs in the room (including the boss), said in chat "YOU ALL SUCK HAHA NOW DIE" and went into stealth to watch us get owned. Or not. Instead of wasting time flaming him, we went into killing mode. Dark Iron bodies were piling up as our healer struggled to keep us all alive. Eventually it was just me (Feral Druid) and the Warrior tank. We were barely hanging on with my pathetic heals and potions, but we made it. Completely flabbergasted, he left the group just as an epic that he actually could have used dropped. It was just complete badassery.

Lt_Bromhead

Dec 14, 2008
Black Arrow Officer said:
While doing Blackrock Depths, some guy in our group decided to grief us. He pulled all of the mobs in the room (including the boss), said in chat "YOU ALL SUCK HAHA NOW DIE" and went into stealth to watch us get owned. Or not. Instead of wasting time flaming him, we went into killing mode. Dark Iron bodies were piling up as our healer struggled to keep us all alive. Eventually it was just me (Feral Druid) and the Warrior tank. We were barely hanging on with my pathetic heals and potions, but we made it. Completely flabbergasted, he left the group just as an epic that he actually could have used dropped. It was just complete badassery.
If I could "like" things like on Facebook, this would get it. :p

The Forces of Chaos

Mar 25, 2010
During Wrath of the lichking era, wile raiding icecrown citidel for the first time, as a blood elf mage I cast slow fall on a fellow guildy wile he was trying out him jumppack just before stating the airship battle. Was funny as hell as he sailed passed the boat and down to his death.

Giantpanda602

Oct 16, 2010
When the Black War Bear first came out (or maybe a little bit before, I think it was just after), my guild decided to raid Stormwind. It was the first HUGE enemy capital raid that I've seen on my server (and I've been playing since the beginning of BC). We crashed the server when we went to kill the boss. It was so fun.

Also, when the pre-Wrath event occurred, we ended up raiding Shat as the ghouls. It was taken for several days.

Lt_Bromhead

Dec 14, 2008
Giantpanda602 said:
When the Black War Bear first came out (or maybe a little bit before, I think it was just after), my guild decided to raid Stormwind. It was the first HUGE enemy capital raid that I've seen on my server (and I've been playing since the beginning of BC). We crashed the server when we went to kill the boss. It was so fun.

Also, when the pre-Wrath event occurred, we ended up raiding Shat as the ghouls. It was taken for several days.

Slick.... :p

Seems to be that the Horde always do well at those sorts of things... :/

Idocreating

Apr 16, 2009
I just picked us Ashes of Alar about 2 hours ago, having not attempted it in a good few months.

It felt good. :D

Nightrunex

Mar 16, 2011
Back in Vanilla WoW when Alterac Valley wasn't everyone running to the enemy leader and NO reinforcements.
The battles could last 8 hours. It ended in a VERY close victory against the Horde at 4AM, and the only people who had lasted through that I knew of was me - a Dwarf Hunter, two Alliance dudes (Druid and Paladin - the Druid became our BG Leader) and 2 Hordies that we saw 50 times during the battle (a rogue and a warrior - they made lv1 alliance chars just to say hey :D).
Both sides had maxed out all the upgrades (infantry, cavalry, giganto-ice bosses both summoned and killed) and were simply duking it out EVERYWHERE - it was the best stalemate in the world.
At the end of the game all 80 players were gathered in the Horde chieftain's hut (or w/e it was). We lost the graveyard in their base which we had fought for an hour to obtain, and we were dropping like flies whilst trying to kill their leader...only like 5 of us remained when he finally toppled including me and the Paladin and the Druid.
Bear in mind everyone was lv60. ;D

Best 3 marks ever.

EDIT: Oh, and I also got Deathcharger's Reins on the first run. Didn't know he even dropped it at the time and picked it up and got the achievement :3. (It's Baron Rivendare's mount from Stratholme - the undead horse)

SeeIn2D

May 24, 2011
Got invited by a friend of mine who was in the best raiding guild on my server to go through Sunwell with them a few weeks after Sunwell was introduced. I was invited because one of their main DPS was gone and my friend new I at the very least knew how to play a marksman hunter. So I go to switch my spec from survival to marksman. We run through Sunwell and I somehow managed to pull I think 3rd in DPS, being the top hunter and only being trumped by two rogues if I'm remembering right. No idea how I managed it but I did. Basically this guild didn't have people roll for items on the final boss, they always gave items to the class they were most relevant to, and then to the player of that class who did the best. That being me, I got Thori'Dal the Stars' Fury from Kil'jaeden, and about a week later I was invited to another raid and also was added to the guild's roster. Very good day on WoW lol.