Erin Stout: Sage

Amaury_games

Oct 13, 2010
I think the best part of this comic is that everyone has a take on what the ultimate life lesson is. :D

From "Don't pre-order" and similars "Be sure what you'll get before you pay for it" and "Don't trust people asking for money" to "Life is unfair", "Learn to deal with disappointments", and philosophical quotes that I'm too lazy to copy and paste here. ^_^'
My first thought was just something like "be careful when paying for stuff, without being sure of what you'll get" (I think I need to read more philosophy books. :/ )

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
Karathos said:
You can just see the point where the girl's mind is blown.

This is kind of how I felt after Aliens: Colonial Marines preorder and actual playthrough.
Do not speak its name!!!!!

Also: good lesson. The final panel is heartwarming.

Pills_Here

Dec 10, 2009
Oh man, they referenced the song "I go chop your dollar" about 419 scams! My day is made. Thank you, Team Critical Miss.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Elementary - Dear Watson said:
Reminds me of a phrase that I haven't heard in donkey's years... 'Fleeced... like a wooly pully'!

Definitely relevant for this one...

Also, what game were they playing?
I also wanna know what they where playing, cause i feel like i should know it .-.

love that they broke out an old NES though :D

Dr.Awkward

Mar 27, 2013
Birdman1604 said:
What is the game they were playing? Can anyone make it out from the half screen?
It's The Adventures of Bayou Billy for the NES. It actually came with a rarity that is Practice mode, which let you familiarize yourself with the game mechanics, which was driving, fighting, and shootouts, and two modes that you could choose depending if you had or wanted to use a Zapper. It's also has one of the most unique themes you'll find in the NES library, as the name suggests it's supposed to take place in the bayous of the deep South. Think Crocodile Dundee (part II if you know why) meets Dukes of Hazzard meets Commando. It's also got one of the best soundtracks as well, in order to match the uniqueness of the theme.

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
Chrono212 said:
What's the tattoo on Erin's right back/shoulder?

And if I were that kid this lesson would have been learnt a long time ago...

Oh no! I'm not bitter about it or anything...
I don't really have antyhing to add to the conversation but I would just like to say that I keep seeing you among the first comments of a lot of Escapist videos and I admire that level of dedication. Also, your avatar makes me double over with adorableness.

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
...the fuck? I guess it took me a moment to figure out, and I'm still not sure about it, since I never had anyone ever pull that trick on me. You guys have lived with some assholes!