Escape to the Movies: Avengers

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Avengers

MovieBob takes you into the upcoming blockbuster The Avengers.

Watch Video

Zenron

The Laughing Shadow
May 11, 2010
I'm english so I've seen this already. Was looking forward to seeing Moviebob gush about this movie like a fanboy because y'know, this movie is great and totally deserves it.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
The after credits scene for the avengers was the best scene to ever scene in scening history.

Eruanno

Captain Hammer
Aug 14, 2008
I'm not a huge comic book-reading-person-what-have-you, but I've read some here and there and I am quite familiar with pretty much all the characters in the Avengers.

That said, I was really scared that this movie was going to be crap, or at least "meh".

Two and a half hours later, I stumbled out of the movie theater, and I have never laughed so hard in an action movie or fist-pumped so hard to myself at all the awesome moments and awesome awesome awesome awesome.

Awesome.

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
Can't say I'm surprised. This is Marvels bank after all, they've poured in how many Millions, or even Billions, into these movies with the plain to bring them all together, there's no way they would have risked making it some half-assed attempt.

Still, nice to know they smashed it out of the park.

*Blue Ribbon* Captcha agrees.

Urh

Oct 9, 2010
According to one of the trivia tidbits for The Avengers over at IMDB, the original cut was over three hours long. Hopefully this cut will make it to DVD/Blu-ray?

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
Saw the midnight release last night and it was f'ing AWESOME! Hulk smash puny god, awesome use of Cap's shield + Repulsor ray, some good quips from Thor and Scarlet's ass in 3D.

In Joss We Trust, indeed.

Dec 14, 2009
I haven't seen Iron Man 2, Thor or Captain America yet, but I have them all ready on standby.

Me and my fiancee are gonna sit down, watch 'em all, then go see The Avengers.

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
Yeah... yeah, it was really good. Saw it aboun a week ago here in germany and it met my expectations. It was a pure action movie without much complexety but as far as pure action movies go i couldn't think of many movies that are as good at what they're doing as Avengers is. It's well written, well directed, well acted and, which is what makes it work, it features a lot of famous, memorable and likeable characters and knew exactly how to write them.

therockdemon

Mar 17, 2011
i am not sure if moviebob has read it but hawkeyes costume is based on the ultimate version not the classic purple costume, and i think it is so much better and more realistic as a paractical and useful outfit for hawkeye in this film and the comics

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
I loved the mid credits scene. Thanks to you I got the double meaning.

Ha. He wants to court death. I GET IT.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
Will go out to see the movie in a few hours, but as far as the "keep this going" goes I really hope the powers that be can piece together the Black Panther movie that's been floating around.

maddog015

Sep 12, 2008
I can only see Dr. Strange as the next do-able big movie. Not sure if Black Panther, Antman or Namor could make it as a big screen release on their own.

TechTim

Apr 15, 2011
as promised last week a shot for every praise from bob on film and am now SERIOUSLY drunk lol

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Aw man, now I have to find that joke! Though, I'm planning to rewatch it, I wonder if it'll be added. Can anyone give some tips, maybe a youtube video?

Anyway, I absolutely loved the movie [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/326.373229-Hypnotic-reviews-The-Avengers#14417720], and am glad you did as well Bob, though I never doubted it. I just can't believe how awesome it all turned out in the end. Joss Whedon did a brilliant job, to see my favourite writer/director finally get a big blockbuster, and succeeding so fantastically, gives me great hope for the future. And man is Hulk awesome in that movie. I'm glad the US release is finally here so I can fangasm with the rest of y'all, though it's a bit sad to not be able to gloat over you Americans as revenge for all the TV shows I'm forced to wait on.

This'll be the first Blu-ray I'm gonna buy. Hopefully there's gonna be a box set, can anyone provide info on that?

Battle Catman

Jan 3, 2011
Frostbite3789 said:
I loved the mid credits scene. Thanks to you I got the double meaning.

Ha. He wants to court death. I GET IT.
That was one of the lines that made me laugh--when Cap gets the "flying monkeys" reference.

Hey, I just realized something...

I don't know if I missed it, but no one said "Avengers, assemble!"