Escape to the Movies: Buried

Tom Phoenix

Mar 28, 2009
Hey, wait a minute....this movie is a ripoff!

Well, ok, not exactly, since other movies didn't exactly just stay within the coffin. But such a premise has been used several times before. One that I remember is the TV movie "Buried Alive [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099188/]", which wasn't great, but wasn't too bad to watch either:

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
I get it, you like boobs, whoop-de-fucking-doop.

Anyway, might not see the movie. I'm not into suspense movies all that much.

Also, great news about the guys making the Superman movie!

sunpop

Oct 23, 2008
Not sure how I feel about superman as I despise superman and want nothing to do with him. Yet it's being made by gods of cinema.

Also people forgot Ryan Reynolds is awesome and could easily make green lantern a great movie?

Bender Rodriguez

Sep 2, 2010
Pseudonym2 said:
Bob. It's time to have an intervention. I don't know if you are a lecherous creep or just playing on TV but it's getting really annoying either way. It's literally interfering with your job. Your job is comment on Buried not get side tracked and start showing pictures of attractive actresses.

1 Attractive movie actresses are not rare.

2 If we wanted to see publicly released stills we would use Google.

3 Women watch this too, or at least would watch it if they weren't discouraged by the blatant fan service and objectification.

4 Using someone's copyrighted photos to boost your view count is pretty low.

I know this video isn't the worst example but it's the straw that broke the camel's back. Have some dignity. You're a 28 year old balding man. Publicly Drooling of pretty women makes you look pathetic. Please stick to your movie reviews and analysis not superficial judgments of women.
Pictures of Scarlet certainly lifted my evening, just enjoy it like the rest of us :)

Da Joz

May 19, 2009
Looks like an interesting movie. I don't think its playing near me so I'll throw it on my netflix queue.

gillebro

Nov 13, 2009
Hadn't heard of Buried. Sounds interesting.
Re. Tomorrow When the War Began, well, I'm certainly psyched to see it as an Aussie off location, as it were, but I'd read the book first...

shadow946

Jul 22, 2009
Does anyone else think it's impeccably bad timing for this movie to come out when some 30+ miners in Chile have been buried in a mine shaft for 2 months?

Dr.Susse

Lv.1 NPC
Apr 17, 2009
Tomorrow when the war began is alright, It's kind of like an Aussie Red Dawn. A better Aussie film to see is Beneath hill 60.

elcamino41383

Mar 24, 2009
I really just can't see this being an enjoyable movie when there really isn't much to see. I love Ryan Reynolds (can't wait for the Deadpool movie) but I just can't grasp how this can be an entertaining movie. Though I will no deny that it does pique my interest a little to prove me wrong on how great of a movie it CAN be.

And that's so sad about Wonder Woman *sigh*

wulfy42

Jan 29, 2009
In an age where every other decent superhero TV show has been canceled and we are force fed a family dynamic superhero show like "No Ordinary Family" (biggest letdown ever...was totally thinking Incredibles the tv show and got family matters instead)......Smallville is my last crumb I am holding on to. Yes, the show has it's ups and downs. It's hard to make a show about superman last 10 seasons and keep everything new and fresh. Early on especially it often got old and many of the episodes were a bit silly, but over all I thought the show did a pretty good job of keeping the audience in suspense. I still wait to watch it every week and am incredibly sad that this is the last season.

It's nice to hear there will be Wonder Woman to take it's place although honestly I'd rather they just keep going with Smallville.

Moviebob, if you think Smallville is such drivvle could you please recommend some DECENT super hero TV shows to watch? I loved Heroes at least for the first few seasons and even if the last couple were not as good I still was looking forward to each new episode. I watch Supernatural still which is semi superheroish, and I loved old shows like Dark Angel and heck even Hercules and Xena. There has been a serious drought of superhero shows lately in my opinion.

As far as Louis and Clark, I watched that every week as well but it was more romantically based and they did some really silly things like making superman into robin hood etc. Still I enjoyed the series while it lasted.

Smallville's Lex has been my favorite so far by a long shot though. I really wish the actor who played him Micheal Rosenbloom or soemthing like that) had not left the series. I was (and still am) hoping he would come back for the last season.

Wonder woman the TV show in my opinion is >>>> then another 2 hour movie that you watch and forget. Movies are great (obviously I come to this site to see reviews and watch them all the time) but a TV show gives you something to look forward too every week. A good movie lasts for 2 hours and you might watch it over a few times. A good TV show can last for years:)

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
PLEASE tell me superman won't be a dark and gritty movie, I'm not a really big fan of him, but even I know that's not his style.

Taxman1

Sep 14, 2009
I was hoping for a Nowhere Boy review.
Nonetheless a great review as always.

Death God

Jul 6, 2010
I didn't even know that this was a movie until I saw this. It does look good though.

lokiduck

Jun 5, 2010
Please Bob... Stop making me want to go see everything you review D: First it was 2012 and now this movie, I even had slight interest in "The Other Guys" After your review of it.