Escape to the Movies: Getaway

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Loki_The_Good said:
Darth Sea Bass said:
I might buy your book if i was a Super Mario fanboy but I'm not so i won't! Now stop beating me round the head with it it's getting obnoxious now.
I don'y understand this logic the ads are after the review. Hell they're after the credits. If people don't want to watch them just stop watching. Your missing nothing but the thing your saying you don't want to watch. Am I missing something. Is there like some OCD condition where people have to watch a video until it hits the end. I wish all ads came at the end that way I could avoid all the garbage and another thing... BUY HIS BOOK BY HIS BOOK BUY HIS BOOOK BUUUUUUUUYYYYY HIIIISSSSSSSSS BOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKK...
Actually, I do have mild OCD (I've mentioned it before), and "finish ALL THE VIDEO" is actually a thing I have.

I don't mind ads, though, so I'm OK.

OT: The movie has a 1% on Rotten Tomatoes. This really blows my mind.

EDIT: Correction. It is now 2%. Meaning that it's been put on the same level as "Epic Movie" and "Meet the Spartans".

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Loki_The_Good said:
Shoot sorry didn't mean that for real just was trying to highlight that it was easily skippable so there's no reason to complain.
Not even close to offended, and point taken. Just thought you'd like to know. :p

ShadowGandalf01

Oct 3, 2011
Buy my Book... I MEAN, I never heard of this before today, but if it DOES come out in UK, I'll probably buy my book, I MEAN... not watch it. It DOES sound like a good book, I MEAN... premise, but if it's as dull as you say, there's no point really. I want to watch a movie to be entertained, not buy my book... I MEAN... be bored stiff.

(boy that really get's in your head huh? Will his book... I MEAN.... book, be available for sale in the UK? Or can it be imported through Play.com or Amazon etc?)

(was my attempt at humour in this post successful by any degree?)

NWJ94

Feb 21, 2013
ShadowGandalf01 said:
Buy my Book... I MEAN, I never heard of this before today, but if it DOES come out in UK, I'll probably buy my book, I MEAN... not watch it. It DOES sound like a good book, I MEAN... premise, but if it's as dull as you say, there's no point really. I want to watch a movie to be entertained, not buy my book... I MEAN... be bored stiff.

(boy that really get's in your head huh? Will his book... I MEAN.... book, be available for sale in the UK? Or can it be imported through Play.com or Amazon etc?)

(was my attempt at humour in this post successful by any degree?)
I laughed, was a sentence in though before I got it.

Loved the Critic reference there Bob (and thank you for introducing me to that show.) Happy I decided to stay through the credits to see if you changed up the ad.

Joriss

Dec 27, 2011
Bob, you do know that by actually mentioning the damn Miley Cyrus thing you're giving in to the outrage, right?

Swarmcrow

Dec 11, 2008
ok .. BOB.. that last announcement about your book....actually kind of work....and it was way less annoying that all other announcements about your book... so congratulations you level up your marketing skills

Devin Barker

Aug 10, 2012
I had never even herd of this movie until now... good to know i can skip it

also I felt like the Smith jab was a little uncalled for

AkaDad

Jun 4, 2011
I swear people watch stuff they don't like just so they can whine and complain about it.

If you don't like Bob's commentary, reviews, or the way he advertises his book, don't watch it. You'll be happier and the rest of us will be happier not to hear you whine and complain. If more people were happier, the world would be a better place, so do us all a favor and make the world a better place.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Oh Lord, that bit at the end. Did we provoke him to do that, with all the posting of that clip from The Critic in his other videos' comments?! Also, what's the deal with that crack at Kevin Smith? Is there some rivalry between Bob's Boston and Smith's New Jersey hometown I'm unaware of?

Hindkjaer

Sep 15, 2010
It's very much beating a dead horse, but the Miley Cyrus incident, wasn't as much the whole sexuallity problem, but it was racist as hell!
This article explains it much better, for anyone that would like to read it.
http://groupthink.jezebel.com/solidarity-is-for-miley-cyrus-1203666732

And I apoligise for my english. It is my second language.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Moviebob action figure: Now with MOVING ARM ACTIONNNN!!!!!

CAPTCHA "Take it all"
Hmmmm, really?

Ashley Blalock

Sep 25, 2011
Yea sadly the filming of each new Transformers movie comes with the game of which beloved characters will they screw up next? Although other than selling toys you have to wonder what the point is of having Dinobots when Prime has gone so Super Saiyan he can kill anything with ease.

Daria.Morgendorffer

Nov 26, 2011
Adam Jensen said:
Hey Bob, can we expect a review of "Under the Skin" from you soon? It's supposed to be out next week.
Christ, they actually made a movie of that? That book was so. frigging. LAME.

If you grew up on The Twilight Zone, you pretty much figured out what was going on in the first few chapters.

I.Muir

Jun 26, 2008
What's up with all these girls in the computer geniuses field.
You would almost think that IT was not seriously lacking in women or anything. (no pun intended)
It's a shame really, not that many girls in my class.