Escape to the Movies: Getaway

Eppy (Bored)

Crazed Organist
Jan 7, 2009
Your new sellout stinger is a phenomenal improvement, Bob, well done.

Also, Selena Gomez just shouldn't be allowed to act. Ever.

Penguin_Factory

Sep 13, 2010
If anyone wants to see Ethan Hawke in a good movie they should watch Martha Marcy May Marlene because he's great in it, and also because it's awesome.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
So instead of stopping advertising your book like pretty much everyone asked you to, you make fun of it. yatzee figured this out after 2 videos of advertisement, you seem to dont get it for months.

wolf thing

Nov 18, 2009
Penguin_Factory said:
If anyone wants to see Ethan Hawke in a good movie they should watch Martha Marcy May Marlene because he's great in it, and also because it's awesome.

Thats John Hawkes you're thinking of and he has been in some well reviewed movies, but none that i have seen.

Comrade_Beric

Jacobin
May 10, 2010
I don't understand why everyone hates the advertisement at the end so much. I mean, does the video shutdown everyone's keyboard and mouse so they can't stop the video once they've seen the advertisement the first time? All I ever hear about it are people screaming "STOP THAT! STOP DOING THAT THING I COULD TOTALLY AVOID BUT CHOOSE TO WATCH ANYWAY SO I CAN VENT MY FRUSTRATION WITH YOU AFTERWARDS."

Also, agreed about Miley Cyrus. Every female pop star who started singing as a child goes through a moment where they go over the top so that everyone shifts gears from viewing them as a child to viewing them as an adult. Love it, hate it, it doesn't matter. The point is that she wants everyone to see her differently and become relevant for a different reason so people will buy her albums again. Even if it wasn't a publicity stunt, I can at least understand the motivation behind wanting to change her image away from being an old child-star.

Oh, there was a movie review in there somewhere, too. I almost didn't notice. Then again, the movie looked bland enough that it barely deserved reviewing anyway, I suppose. If you're going to stuff commentary and advertisements into one of your review videos, this is far from the worst one to have cluttered.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Loki_The_Good said:
Darth Sea Bass said:
I might buy your book if i was a Super Mario fanboy but I'm not so i won't! Now stop beating me round the head with it it's getting obnoxious now.
I don'y understand this logic the ads are after the review. Hell they're after the credits. If people don't want to watch them just stop watching. Your missing nothing but the thing your saying you don't want to watch. Am I missing something. Is there like some OCD condition where people have to watch a video until it hits the end. I wish all ads came at the end that way I could avoid all the garbage and another thing... BUY HIS BOOK BY HIS BOOK BUY HIS BOOOK BUUUUUUUUYYYYY HIIIISSSSSSSSS BOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKK...
Bobs been damn classy trying to hock his wears by putting them after the full reveiw.

OT: *Snigger* Solena Gomez I choose you! Because when I think gangster, I think the Disney channel.

Sir Shockwave

Jul 4, 2011
Kenjitsuka said:
Moviebob action figure: Now with MOVING ARM ACTIONNNN!!!!!
But does it have Kung-Fu Grip? X3

OT: I got the Critic reference at the end. Now if someone can make a ten hour loop of you doing it... X3

Cpt. Slow

Great news everybody!
Dec 9, 2012
Selena Gomez, destroying films 2003. Seriously.
Anyhow, I was hoping to avoid the Miley Cyrus b.s. but there it is, a full frontal in your face 'look what Elvis did and now what they do' nonsense mentioning. Please Bob, don't ever mention that pathetic excuse for a human being again. It reaaaaaaaaaaally rubs me the wrong way.

Ethan Hawke is the kind of actor who is always stuck between nearly brilliant or completely rubbish. In this case it's the latter unfortunately.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
So Cyrus can whore out on stage and "That's what former child stars do!", but Gomez tries for a serious dramatic role in a movie and "Former child stars can't do that!".

Grabehn

Sep 22, 2012
I couldn't stop laughing at "When Chris Pine plays a person".
Thunderous Cacophony said:
Disney child star dances near-naked on a stage: "Grow up, people! She's doing it for the publicity."

Disney child star tries a more serious role: "No fucking way! There's no way she can do that."

Gomez was probably trying to get out of the "kid-friendly" mold before it suffocated her, same as Cyrus. She might not be the right choice for the role, but at least she has a role in a grown-up film where doesn't have to be the moral centre (like Spring Breakers).
Trying doesn't really change anything, she doesn't fit in the role, no matter if she's "trying to get different roles" she just didn't fit. With time, maybe, but also, this is one of the young actors (she's an actor right?) that I personally just can't take seriously, I barely know who she is, but as a "tough" car thief that's actually a super wealthy genius-kid? Nope...

comadorcrack

The Master of Speilingz
Mar 19, 2009
I'd love to buy your book, but I live in the UK and apparently if I want to buy the e-Book... I have to get it shipped to me... for $25

lifeat24fps

Mar 14, 2013
I was doing a great job ignoring everything Billy Ray's kid did until you forced me to pay attention something she did at the beginning of this video. It's almost enough to destroy all the trust we've built to this point and have me quit watching forever. You have this platform to tell us your opinion about movies. That's a special privilege, Bob. Please don't abuse it again...otherwise you end up being more like someone you just criticized this episode: Kevin Smith.

tangoprime

Renegade Interrupt
May 5, 2011
Scrumpmonkey said:
Sounded like the setup was more suited to a racing game. In fact it's a pretty good setup for a game; you can't leave the car because you'll get shot so that gives some context as to why you can't just get out and walk without it having to be too bulletproof because well, it's a racing game. It's also an excuse for lots of car chases and set-pieces outside of races that you normally don't have excuse for.
Actually... I thought this WAS based on a game. How did Bob miss that? I mean... the game is even CALLED "THE GETAWAY"

In the story, which takes place in London, a mobster trying to get out of the life and go legit has his wife killed and son held hostage by a character with WAY too many similarities to be coincidence and he's forced to do jobs in order to get his son back, mostly involving getaway driving because he's a good getaway driver.

How... how has this went 3 pages on the escapist and this fact NOT COME UP!?