Escape to the Movies: Ice Age: Continental Drift

Gaboris

Dec 22, 2011
Scars Unseen said:
Hellskull said:
Who else did not understand the two cubes and the "fingers crossed" thingy?
Movie Bob is referring to this. [http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ouya/ouya-a-new-kind-of-video-game-console] I'm in wait-and-see mode myself.
SWEET! Good that I read the comments or I would've went crazy cuz of not knowing. Just took a look at it and I'm hyped as well. YAAAY for Bob! :D

OT: Meh I'm not much for series like this. I'm one of those simple minded ppl who just watch these for momentary fun and then skip to something else. Sorry for being lame, but that's just how I am. :)

Jan 27, 2011
Nothing else came out? What?

Hasn't Brave been out for a week and a half? I know my local theater is showing it tomorrow, I have plans to go see it.

Why haven't we gotten a review for that one yet?

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
aegix drakan said:
Nothing else came out? What?

Hasn't Brave been out for a week and a half? I know my local theater is showing it tomorrow, I have plans to go see it.

Why haven't we gotten a review for that one yet?
You may be less-than-happy to find out that MovieBob already reviewed it. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/moviebob/9760-Near-Miss]

Mullahgrrl said:
Still no iron sky?
I don't think Iron Sky has had a US release, which would put a bit of a hamper on a US movie critic doing a review of it.

EDIT: All right, looks like it might have had one showing in San Francisco, California, which I don't believe is anywhere near where MovieBob lives.

OT: Yeah, when I saw a preview trailer for this the only thing I could think was "Why is this a thing?" It doesn't really have any reason to exist, does it? Was there any call for another Ice Age movie?

Captcha: Too late. Again, well played, Captcha.

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
YOU KNOW BOB, WE'RE STILL WAITING FOR YOUR BRAVE IF YOU'RE COMPLAINING ABOUT NOT HAVING ANYTHING TO REVIEW. Since, you know you skipped it COMPLETELY for bloody Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter and all.

But, whatever you want to do eh?

EDIT: Son-of-a-*****.... he did review it. Welp, my point is utterly moot now, sorry please move on.

Henkie36

Aug 25, 2010
Iron Sky Bob, Iron Sky, I can almost garantee that it is funnier than this new Ice Age.

TheMadJayWoman

Apr 24, 2009
Really liked the first movie, mostly ignored the sequels, but "voiced by Jennifer Lopez" has officially killed this franchise for me.

May 5, 2010
Man, I forgot how good the first Ice Age was. Shame how pretty much all good animated films (minus Pixar stuff, but maybe not really these days) seem to get this treatment. (I.e., Shrek...And uh, I guess just Shrek.)

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Casual Shinji said:
A continental break-up separates a family of prehistoric animals? ...huh.

Anybody else having déjà vu?
Land Before Time? And that movie had a ton of shitty sequels too!

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Wow, shortest Escape to the Movies ever. Is Iron Sky out in the U.S. yet? I remember the 1st Ice Age well enough, not really the 2 after that. Did Scrat the acorn-hungry rat have any bearing on the plots of those movies. On the plus-side, Peter Dinklage! I just know Bob will S#*^ himself with joy over Dark Knight Rises next week. I know I will!

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Soviet Heavy said:
Casual Shinji said:

Bingo!

I wouldn't know about the shitty sequels though, since I only ever watched the first movie because the sequels seemed so shitty...

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Casual Shinji said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Casual Shinji said:

Bingo!

I wouldn't know about the shitty sequels though, since I only ever watched the first movie because the sequels seemed so shitty...
There are fourteen straight to video DVDs, none of which Don Bluth had any input on. And fifty percent more bad musical numbers.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Soviet Heavy said:
Casual Shinji said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Casual Shinji said:

Bingo!

There are fourteen straight to video DVDs, none of which Don Bluth had any input on. And fifty percent more bad musical numbers.
Well, to be honest, it's not like Don Bluth has really done anything that good since... well, The Land Before Time.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Casual Shinji said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Casual Shinji said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Casual Shinji said:

Bingo!

Well, to be honest, it's not like Don Bluth has really done anything that good since... well, The Land Before Time.
Titan A.E was decent. A little uneven, but I really liked it.

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
The first Ice Age... was okay. The sequels, I DEFINITELY don't care for.