Escape to the Movies: Immortals

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Did you see the 3D version or the 2D version? I'm trying to determine if 3D would actually be worth it with your description of gory goodness...

Most 3D to me is terribly distracting and just pulls you out of the movie but from your description, this movie doesn't try very hard to pull you in so that might put points in the "see it in 3D category".

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
I kind of forgot what I wanted to say here... Anyway, I'm interested in watching this movie now.

AngelSword

Castles & Chemo Founder
Oct 19, 2008
It amuses me that you say, "people being split in half," just as a woman disrobes.

ShenCS

Aug 24, 2010
I too, am suddenly interested. I also thought it was going to be another action wank judging from just the posters and "from 300" thing and so completely ignored it. When Bob mentioned "style" though, suddenly I'm all ears. Screw realism, style is everything I look for in action.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
The same guy that did The Fall making a 300-esque action film? YES. Two of my favourite films, smashed together. I may have to go see this.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
ShenCS said:
I too, am suddenly interested. I also thought it was going to be another action wank judging from just the posters and "from 300" thing and so completely ignored it. When Bob mentioned "style" though, suddenly I'm all ears. Screw realism, style is everything I look for in action.
I felt the same way before seeing this film myself last night. I was impressed with the style and visuals. I don't normally recommend something on that basis alone, but this is so bold I have to make an exception.

Redem

Dec 21, 2009
Is that me or it look like they set Phaedra as Thesus love interest? (since I didn't see the movie I can't be sure)

Mind you they do get married in mythology, but its mostly a political affair, Phaedra actually fall hopelessly in love Thesus son from his relationship with the amazon queen.

C2Ultima

Future sovereign of Oz
Nov 6, 2010
Altercator said:
Who's the douche at the 04:41 & what has he done?

Also, where's our Tintin review?
That's not coming out in the U.S until December 21st.

D0WNT0WN

Sep 28, 2008
I dont like Tarsam, he likes to pretend to be deep and it just ends up pretentious. I watched The Cell and nearly every scene was dripped in a certain style that wants people to try to analyse it, even when it had Jenifer Lopez dressed as the Virgin Mary but then again in a scene earlier she did rip off a dudes nipples so I guess the violence comes hand in hand with style with Tarsams stuff.

I probably will see it though, im a sucker from Greeky Mythos.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I seen to have underestimate a few films lately (Real Steel and In Time). While I know you said it isn't excellent but from what you said about it, I want to check it out now.

DearFilm

Mar 18, 2011
If Bob is looking for Art House action films, I wonder if he ever got around to seeing 'Hanna.' That film was fantastic with a great sense of style.

CronoT

May 15, 2010
I tend to avoid these Militaristic wank-fest movies. The movie 300 has been lampooned over and over for how crap and over the top it was.

I can get the same thing from this film that I can from most FMV's in FPS-style games today, anyway.

MacNille said:
Altercator said:
Who's the douche at the 04:41 & what has he done?

Also, where's our Tintin review?
From what i know, those poor smuck in US have to wait to 21/12. I'm so happy to be from Sweden.
If you're going to refer to us 'poor schmucks' over in the US, you could at least put the date format in a way that us "dirty" Americans can understand.

;-p

What he meant to say was we have to wait until 12/21/11.

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
Here I was begging for a stylistically original and incredibly fun action movie, and here it appears to be!

But it's directed by Tarson...
I thought The Fall was beautiful, but it's just obvious that storytelling and world building aren't his thing, and The Cell was... The Cell.

What a dilemma...