Escape to the Movies: Jennifer's Body

Furore23

Feb 9, 2010
So, MovieBob... how do you do it?
Your works are always very nicely edited, but when it comes to your occasional "oh wait one more thing" moments... they seem to pop up at PRECISELY the instant that I am reaching for the Escape key to skip out on the credits and move on to your next review. Kudos, my friend.

EvilGamer89

Dec 24, 2008
You're a 90's kid if:

You can finish this 'ice ice _'
You remember watching Doug, Ren & Stimpy, Pinky and the Brain, Bobby's World, Felix the cat, The Tick...AAAAAAAH Real Monsters!
You've ever ended a sentence with the word "PSYCHE!"
You just cant resist finishing this . . . "Iiiiiiin west philidelphia born and raised . . ."
You remember TGIF, Step by Step, Family Matters, Dinosaurs, and Boy Meets World.
You remember when it was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.
You got super excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school.
You remember reading "Goosebumps"
You took plastic cartoon lunch boxes to school.
You still get the urge to say "NOT" after (almost) every sentence . . . not
If you remember seeing hot tub bubbles make bubbly sounds before every music video on VH1.
when everything was settled by rock paper scissors..or bubble gum bubble gum in a dish...eeny meeny miney mo...and even better daddy had a donkey inky binky bonky.
You used to listen to the radio all day long just to record your FAVORITE song of ALL time.
"Where in the World is Carmen San Diego?" was both a game and a TV game show.
Captain Planet. He's a Hero.
You knew that Kimberly, the pink ranger, and Tommy, the green ranger, were meant to be together.
You remember when Super Nintendos and Sega Genisis became popular.
You always wanted to send in a tape to America's Funniest Home Videos . . . but never taped anything funny.
You remember watching Home Alone 1, 2 , and 3 . . . and tried to pull the pranks on "intruders"
You remember watching The Magic School Bus, Wishbone, and Reading Rainbow on PBS.
You remember when Yo-Yos were cool.
You remember those Where's Waldo books.
You remember eating Warheads.
You remember watching the 1st Batman, Aladdin, Ninja Turtles, and 3 Ninjas movies.
You remember Ring Pops.
You remember drinking Surge, and Tang.
If you remember when every thing was "da BOMB!"
When they made the new lunchables so that you could make pizza AND tacos.
You remember boom boxes vs. cd players.
Making those little paper cootie-catcher things, and then predicting your life with them.
You played and/or collected "Pogs"
You had at least one Tamagotchi, GigaPet, or Nano and brought it everywhere.

. . . Furbies

You haven't always had a computer, and it was cool to have the internet.
And Windows 95 was the best.
You watched the original cartoons of Rugrats, Power Rangers, and Ninja Turtles.
Michael Jordan was a king.
All your school supplies were "Lisa Frank" brand.
You remember when the new Beanie Babies and Talking Elmo were always sold out.
You collected those Beanie Babies.
Carebears
Lambchop's song never ended.
The old dollar bills.
Silver dollars, which were cool to have.
You remember a time before the WB.
You collected all the Troll dolls
If you even know what an original walkman is.
You've gotten creeped out by "Are You Afraid of the Dark?"
You know the Macarena by heart.
"Talk to the hand" . . . nough said
You always said, "Then why don't you marry it?!"
You remember trying to collect all 150 original pokemon cards but never could and if you did you thought you were all that!
You remember Highlight's magazine.
You went to McDonald's to play in the playplace.
You remember playing on merry go rounds at the playground.
Before the MySpace frenzy . . .
Before the Internet & text messaging . . .
Before Sidekicks & iPods . . .
Before PlayStation2 or X-BOX . . .
Before Spongebob . . .
Back when you put off the 5 hours of homework you had every night.
When light up sneakers were cool.
When you rented VHS tapes, not DVDs.
When gas was 0.95 a gallon & Caller ID was The new thing.
When we recorded stuff on VCRs.
When gameboy was a brick.
You did MASH to figure out your future
Way back.
Before we realized all this would eventually disappear.
Who would have thought you'd miss the 90's so much!!
Post this in your profile if you remember these days . . . .
or if you smiled at one of these things.

angel85

Dec 31, 2008
you know, the reason this movie's trailer put me off was the outright misandry. "Its okay to dump on guys because they don't have real feelings." Pisses me off more than the serial killing and mediocre acting.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
DISAGREE! or.. well, i should say FALSE!

90s music (and the fact that america got to enjoy the ignorant bliss that was the clinton years [seriously, he was one of the best things to happen to america and if you disagree, keep this in mind. Clinton, was the closest person to actually SUBTRACTING from a national debt. yeah. plus all he did with health care and stuff like that]) was amazing. and it was a precursor to rock of today. Alt started in the 90s, or at least got its firm footing. Grunge enjoyed the golden years and the hardships and death. and music is always best when you can look back at it with nostalgia when it dies. Pop... was semi decent. Rap... it actually meant something at least. 80s bands and bands like metallica got a whole new group audience. Bout the only bad thing in 90s music was boy bands.

So false movie bob. 90s music kicked ass. However, I do agree on every statement made about megan fox, and the transformers, but thats a compeltely different review.

XenonZaleo

May 21, 2009
Dude. Bob.

Cut it out with that ****ing "oh wait one more thing" BS. You're very entertaining in all your series, but that isn't cute, it isn't helpful, and it doesn't make people watch the credits, it just makes people have to wait for the darn thing to reload after then hit the back button to watch the next video. Yeah, we watch the timers, but credits are supposed to be the end. If you really want people to watch the credits, put in little jokes like Zero Punctuaction does.

And to the guy above me, No. Clinton was meh at best, for reasons that are far to long and complicated to get in here, but basically boils down to the fact that the Surplus was a fake reliant upon dipping into the Social security trust fund to cover standard budget shortfalls, and even that fake surplus was only a result of a Republican congress instiuting spending cuts (Congress controls the budget) AND then there's the fact that he gave away nuclear secrets to China. He didn't do anything else that was really bad though, so meh. That, and the 90s were the the years when Metallica went to **** (Fuel? Refuel? REALLY?).

I mean, I liked the 90s, but still....>_>

Skulltaker101

Jul 20, 2010
mattttherman3 said:
I know why you reviewed this, because Megan Fox is in it and that is all. She may be hot but she's dumb as a brick(her interviews prove that). The only "good" thing about this movie is the make out scene, and if I want to see that stuff, I'll use google.
Whoa whoa whoa! Don't insult the brick's intelligence like that!

angelothewizard

Feb 4, 2014
Wait, wait, wait, the whole start of this plot is the Satan worshipers failed to get a virgin? You'd think they'd have some way of fucking checking that!