Escape to the Movies: Legion

b1u3too

Jul 14, 2009
Well, being a bible burner, I really don't have nay sympathy for most movies laced with religious overtone, with the exception of Eva. I can agree that GIGANTIC ROBOTS in a Japanese geekfestival of a series makes my day, even when it all comes down to the big "it's a trap!" moments, in Central Dogma.... good times.

However awful though Bob, I am still tempted to see this movie. Not in theatres, but when it's free on my cable box, and surrounded by a bunch of snarky-comment ready friends.
Because I would really like to see that posessed Gramma kick some ass. :3

Lord_Panzer

Impractically practical
Feb 6, 2009
ShadowKirby said:
If Morgan Freeman is not God in this movie, then it's not cannon.
Quoted for truth.

From the trailers, and indeed your review, this just seems like Left Behind 4 Dead, which I can honestly say would be interesting in theory, but apparently the execution is incredibly lacking. You'd think they'd at least have been able to make a -decent- mindless action flick out of it.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
wooty said:
Those "zombies" looked like they just ripped them straight out of I Am Legend
Needed to find work after I suppose, lol.

This looks really good, should be fun when it finally comes out!

Notere

Sep 11, 2008
Yay! An actual informative review again. Happy times. Sadly, for now I am far too tired to look up who the hell Coco is. It will haunt my half-asleep dreams.

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
I don't wanna see it. Ever since Dogma I got sick of renegade angel anything in cinema. When are those video game movies gonna be ready? That's what I'm really waiting for.

Over all I think I've once again put Legion on my "Wait for DVD release" status.

ritchards

Non-gamer in a gaming world
Nov 20, 2009
"The Second Mortal Kombat movie" Ouch!

(The one movie I nearly walked out on, except that there was a guy at the end of the aisle continually sucking at his drink bottle that suggested some kind of oral fixation I didn't want to get near...)

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
Another good movie that turns the whole "Angels are badasses" thing on its head is, in my opinion, Dogma.

Sure, Affleck and Damon take it in turns to do some angelic killin' action, but it's very tongue in cheek. And Alan Rickman's Metatron is incredible.

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
I think I'll still go see it with a group of friends just for the lulz, but thank you bob for keeping my standards safely low.

Oh, and please no more of the "bill & ted" impressions. that would be nice.

nightwolf667

Oct 5, 2009
Angels aren't God's black ops team. They're about as subtle as an elephant in a tutu dancing down main street. (Now that I think about it, I would pay to see an angel in a tutu destroying the world... preferably while performing ballet while doing it...) Anyway, angels don't use machine guns, their main weapons are gigantic fireballs, comets, and turning the populations of entire towns to salt or something. Sighs.

I'm with you Bob.

EDIT: And am I the only one tired of that stupid bible quote "I am Legion, for we are many" getting quoted in places where it either doesn't belong or makes no sense (I'm looking at you Mass Effect) or because at this point it's just so damn cliched? The only ones who ever did it right was Millenium, but that was because they implied that the demon was actually Legion himself. I know it's cool and all but seriously, does it have to show up in almost every supernatural show/movie that deals with demons/angels ever? At this point I just want to kick everyone who does for being so wholly unoriginal.

That's my rant of the day.

historybuff

Feb 15, 2009
Hahaha, a Shakespsearian interpretation of Goku vs Vegeta would actually be kind of hilarious. I would laugh all over that.

I figured this movie would end up lame.

Saarai-fan

Nov 12, 2009
Mortal Kombat Annilation, the only movie I regret seeing in theaters. Of course, I was only a pre-teen at the time and didn't know any better of trying to find out if it will be a over hour and half suckfest. Still, the line where Jax said "I'll take Mr Ed" when refering to Montaro did make me laugh.

Wait, oops, back to the topic at hand, sorry. I loved the Bill and Ted things in this review. Kind of did set the tone of how people could believe the type of subject matter this film is in can be merged with badass moments did get overused. The only movie I believe that did the whole badass angels thing right, was in Dogma.

Oh, and one more thing. I'd be interested in watching a shakespearion play of sorts about Goku vs Vegeta. And if they were to do that with Evangelion instead, it would probably be even more awesome. LOL

zombi2989

Fred-O
Oct 17, 2008
Well at least I know my suck-dar is still working fine. I also never realized "The Crow" had christian allegories. I just thought it was a really long music video for The Cure.

epunk35

Oct 5, 2009
Great review Bob liked it alot better than last week's! I think we all knew it would suck when we saw that slack jaw fellow in the yellow hood. But great review, I think I look forward to Escape To The Movies as much as Zero Punctuation at this point!

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
"Shakespeare in the park recreation of Goku versus Vegeta."

That, sir, is the funniest thing I've heard in a long time.

qbanknight

Apr 15, 2009
cherubs mutilating people...genius

dont know why people got all pissy bout your critique over book of eli. thought the film was w/e, but your religious opinion is your religious opinion (the religious overtones in the movie were kinda crap anyways).

Ps: I felt your childhood pain already - 7 years in a JESUIT all-guy school. that was a lil much

Mr.Squishy

Apr 14, 2009
Lovin' the review as usual, Bob, and I agree, it looks goddamned (pun not intended) boring

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
oh ggaa....bob....well done sir....well done.......LOL

At least this time you took the time and riped it properly instead of whining about an odd plot issue on a other wise good action flick.