Escape to the Movies: Red Riding Hood

IronStorm9

Jun 15, 2010
The thing for me with this one is that when I first saw the trailer with all of the standing and staring and the two pieces of eye-candy, I said to myself, "This looks a lot like Twilight..." Then the "from the director of Twilight" thing came up...
I'm also just not that into romance movies, but that's just me.

Xarhs Vrentas

May 26, 2010
Dude I hadn't watched the show for a few months... I can't believe you haven't done a review of tangled yet... That movie was AWESOME!

EventHorizon

Jun 23, 2010
I have just seen this film, and I find myself disagreeing with you, Bob.

I agree with you on the following points, though:

You can literally feel it begging for a higher age rating, as people are , supposedly, savaged by the wolf and yet they seem to bear no wounds apart from a small bloodstain that could easily have been a nose bleed...

It is camp, and painfully so. The film is incredibly (I mean that literally) sincere, even as it throws the most ridiculous lines at you.

That's where my agreeing with you ends, however.

I came into the cinema with an open-mind, and I am trying to keep this 'review' as unbiased as I can, and so I will not exaggerate, having said that you may find it ironic that I cannot find ANYTHING good with this film( apart from, perhaps, Gary Oldman). A lot of the acting is weak, flat and not believable. This coupled with the teenage 'angst', 'love' etc the cast are trying to convey with lines you can see coming a mile away, combines to make the script painful. I would go into the script in more detail but, I'd much rather generalize and say , on the whole, it's bad. Very. Bad. Oh, and the story isn't exactly what I'd call genius either, but the plot twist is... terrible and you don't even care, because the character development between (without spoiling the film) between the main character and the... 'subject' of the twist simply isn't there, and that is not at all surprising all the character development that goes on is between our 'red riding hood' and the two 'studs' she is torn between.

You've probably gotten the idea of what I think of this film before you reached the second sentence of my rant, but my conclusion is that this is simply drivel aimed at adolescent girls who enjoy the twilight series, big surprise...

thanks if you took the time to read this.

Oh, i totally forgot, I actually enjoyed this, however. I was sitting at the back of the cinema, laughing my way through it with a bunch of friends, we thought we were going to watch source code, but the tickets were sold out *sigh*.

EDIT: oh god, sorry I only just realized the last post was almost a month ago... Sorry for the thread necro, but I needed to voice my opinion (besides, I was unaware...)