Escape to the Movies: Super Mario Bros. (Rough Cut)

mr_rubino

Sep 19, 2010
Dear God, what is wrong with most of you? Did your wet-nurses drop- *is banned*
Ok, I know I know, constructive criticism. Um... It was very unsubtle and occasionally laughful. Perfectly captures what April Fools Day is about on the Internet.

Paradoxrifts said:
Bob.

You've got to get over Christopher Nolan's Batman movies. Talk to Dr Mark, admit you've got a problem and for your own sake get some real professional help.
"Hey ever'body. Bob posted another video about something. Make a complaint about something, quick. Doesn't have to make sense, just call him a fanboy over something or something."

Crumpet Man

Oct 12, 2010
i'm really upset that it took me till today to stop and say, "oh wait, friday was april fools day. That movie bob review was definitely a joke"

Byere

Jan 8, 2009
Ok... yea... took me up to the point where you mention "5D" and the need for 2 sets of glasses to view it before it occurred to me that it was posted on April 1st ¬.¬'''

I ACTUALLY facepalmed when you said that someone from Jersey Shore would be the main character...

elricik

Nov 1, 2008
Am I the only one who really wanted this to be real? Couldn't be worst than the original Mario Brothers movie.

engineermk2004

Feb 21, 2010
the smash brother's initiative should be it's own movie. FYI...I was enjoying my morning coffee when I saw this and almost bathed my screen in it when Sam Jackson showed up, good one!

mechanixis

Oct 16, 2009
Everybody. This was not that good. Stop sucking his dick. The biggest problem with fans of Nostalgia Critic, Yahtzee, Moviebob, "insert internet personality here" is that you people don't think that they can do any wrong. Thats why Nostalgia critic gets 5 stars on every video, even the terrible ones, and thats why Moviebob can get away with posting mediocre stuff like this.
NYAR NYAR INTERNET COMEDY IS SERIOUS BUSINESS AND I SHALL ONLY INDULGE IN THE MOST EPICUREAN OF JOKES THAT NO ONE ELSE APPRECIATES.

gamer_parent

Jul 7, 2010
when I first saw "super mario brothers", I thought it was going to be one of those "looking back at history" kind of episodes, kind of like how his big picture show does it. But then I saw he claim it was a new movie, and thought, "probably a joke". Then the human wasteland, The Situation shows up on the screen. That pretty much was the final nail in the coffin. I was laughing the rest of the way through.

gonephishing

Jun 7, 2010
This is a joke right? Just making sure, and by the way, with video game movies sucking so much right now, how could anybody be excited even if this were a real project. And who could possibly be a longtime fan of Nintendo? Most fans of Nintendo are eight years old... Just because bob is hanging onto a company that shamelessly re-releasing the same five games doesn't mean anybody should be excited about a fake movie or the company that may have hypothetically made them... And the Halo movie didn't fall through because it was bad or because nobody would see it, it fell through due to copyright issues...

Akelzero

Aug 9, 2010
Damn, I just watched this (10 days after the first) and the thought of an April fools joke didn't even come close to the front of my mind. I just sat there confused and wondered how one could bend reality into five different dimensions. Then I saw the post date and realized that Bob was just being silly. At least I get a late April fools joke for my friends.

[small]I would so totally watch F to the zero.[/small]

robincb

Apr 23, 2008
Well played sir, due to the inclusion of details, instead of the normally mainstream heavy sacasm employed during jokes i only started to suspect anything at the 5d part, and i am genuinly dissapointed that this is not a real movie