Escape to the Movies: Super Mario Bros. (Rough Cut)

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
Daaaaamn, this April Fools was hilarious. I just burst laughing at Martin Lawrence in The LEgend of Zelda xDDDDDD

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
Eh. Would've been funnier if everyone and their mom hadn't already done a dark and gritty Mario parody.

P.S. Thanks

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
Oh my god! The Shy Guy cult are all Slender clones /gasp!

Nice one Bob, but now you must review the actual Super Mario Bros movie next week...

DuctTapeJedi

Nov 2, 2010
Good show, sir. "The Situation" is the absolute perfect choice in the personification of so many aspects of my childhood.

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
I was buying it untill mike the situation haha

This must have been the one where you worked the hardest. So much editing.

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
You for it to be an April Fools Joke it kind of actually needs to be a) funny or b) believable, or better yet, both... this was neither.

Jukofux

Aug 23, 2010
I thought the purpose of the April Fool's pranks was to be believable...and funny, guess not.

lralowicz

Sep 8, 2009
Funny... NOT! To crude. Nice that MBob tried, shame that he "winks" so much it almost makes a small tornado... Make it a more "serious" and it would be a gem.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Cant wait for this one, in terms of retro videogame iconography, it still looks more entertaining than Scott Pilgrim

hawk533

Dec 17, 2009
Absolutely hilarious. KeSha as princess Peach plus 12 musical numbers in a Mario movie shot in 5d sounds ridiculous. I think my favorite bit was that 5d was achieved by buying two pairs of glasses and strapping them together.

AC Drawings

Dec 22, 2010
I knew this was a joke from the beginning but I would be damned if I said I didn't think it was flipping hilarious.

You Mr. Chipman did good.... THIS time! But don't think because you were able to produce this peice of comedy gold doesn't mean it makes up for the Game Antithinker.

Still got my eye on you. Don't screw up.

Ara69

Aug 23, 2010
God I hate april 1st.. lets have a day celebrating what everyone does anyway everyday, but this time make it okay when they get cought

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
In a alternative world where April fools are real, this film would of been beyond epic!

Xisin

Sep 1, 2009
Matthew Wilson said:
Damn it Bob, it took me all of 3 minutes to realise you were pulling an April Fools joke.
Me too. I was yelling things into the other room, to my husband, like an idiot.

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
Believe it or not, I actually have an uncle who produced the picture, Moviebob. He said how mildly surprisingly it was to have, out of nowhere, Christopher Walken playing, in possibly the greatest performance since his work in Country Bears, Kangaroo Jack and Gigli combined as the role of Toad after the shy guys are beaten.

He comes out of the shadows after Mario and Luigi have beaten the aforementioned group to say, "We're Sorry, but The Princess is in another castle." After that scene, I cried so hard that perhaps for once, Mario might have gotten the girl, but to no avail. It's slightly overrated, but as it stands, it's quite possibly the greatest movie since the original Pig Latin dub of 2001: A Space Odyssey, which is hard to believe.

OT: This was a welcome laugh. The Room and This for April Fools Day? I'm afraid I might die laughing.