Escape to the Movies: Super Mario Bros. (Rough Cut)

Jumpingbean3

May 3, 2009
Matthew Wilson said:
Damn it Bob, it took me all of 3 minutes to realise you were pulling an April Fools joke.
I called it the moment I saw the name of the review. Also I'm glad this was an April Fools joke because otherwise: *Click* *BANG!* right then and there. Not that I wouldn't like to see a Super Mario movie done right (like Bob I have my own idea of what it would look like) but the casting and management choices sound atrocious.

ranger19

Nov 19, 2008
My hat off to you, Bob. I haven't seen an april fools joke with that much fan service in quite some time. When I got to the part with "the smash brothers initiative", I nearly squealed. :D

Soak

Sep 21, 2010
Damn! The cruel thing is, you had me for a moment until i thought "this is an abomination too ugly to be true... wait, it IS too ugly to be true"

Xenmut

Mar 13, 2011
You got me bob, cuz.. mongolia: could be sarcasm. but Wommy Tiseau?!?! xD xD xD
All and all.. if you refined the base set you mentioned bob.. it could be awesome, i mean it will be related to mario but without being really mario, like if the game was an acid trip.
I trully believe taht.. could be pretty fun

Kekon3

Dec 4, 2008
Besides, are his usual works supposed to be funny? Not really guys. This is more funny than the usual episode.

FaithorFire

Mar 14, 2010
Eveonline100 said:
note to nintendio lay off the smack really this has bad idea written all over it i'll be surpissed is this flim even recoupe half of its cost(yes i'm well aware that nintendio is full of surpisess.) BTW why super mario and not say mertiod, zelda, or star fox(not a fan of any of these franchise but still)this just sounds bad before i seen the first tralleir.
The derp is strong with this one

Liamsd

Apr 24, 2009
I own relevance and the application of good ideas and this is not necessarily a bad idea as long as they go the opposite to Doom and go full on Power ups and scary visuals. Vast quantities of money are generated from Visually stunning(Drug Movies) Altered States, 2001(Kubrick), Enter the Void, Tron.

SIXVI06-M

Jan 7, 2011
Yeah, way too drawn out... it was one of the most tired and half-hearted april fools gags I've seen yet -_-

TIMESWORDSMAN

Wishes he had fewer cap letters.
Mar 7, 2008
April-Fools or no, I cringe at the very prospect, And live in the fear and knowledge that such events will come to pass. If not in the form foreseen.

Flamma Man

Jul 23, 2009
It stopped being funny after 40 seconds and really, are these kind of April Fools jokes that funny anyway?

"Herp-a-derp, I'm going to say stuff that I normally wouldn't when reviewing a movie that obviously doesn't exist."

Really, what would have been better and actually a bit more funny was to actually review the Super Mario Brothers movie from the eighties. That would have had potential humor.

Seriously, it seems like when Bob tries too hard to be funny, he fails miserably, but when he really doesn't, he can make some good laughs.

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
I was listening to this thinking "WHAT THE FUCK TELL ME THIS ISN'T REAL. PLEASE DEAR GOD."

It took me until the 5D part to realize that you were yanking our chain... Well done. I feel bad it took me that long.

Aranialis

Oct 24, 2009
Nice April fools to you too Bob. Good imagining and making the movie seem like the most horrid production in the history of the universe... forever. :)
keep making these reviews as well as you fantastic big picture, I'll keep watching them. ;)

MorphingDragon

Apr 17, 2009
2012 Wont Happen said:
5D is where I figured out it was an April Fools joke
In all honesty the 5D didn't ring a bell for me. Manly because I wouldn't be supprised if the Movie going industry did push something so stupid.