Escape to the Movies: The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

MovieBob follows Catalyst and Pizza as they make their way through another Hunger Games movie.

Watch Video

Conner42

Jul 29, 2009
Dammit, you got me really excited for a second when you were talking about the new characters only to find out that it's pretty much going to be like the last movie.

I mean, I'm not doubting that it's at least not bad, but...

Oh well. Probably going to see it this weekend and maybe it will surprise. Who knows...

Burnouts3s3

Jan 20, 2012
A fair review. In defense of the source material, I think most of the faults (such as the characters getting killed off-screen) are stemmed from the original source material; this seems to be a closer adaptation than the first one was.

Dr. Crawver

Doesn't know why he has premium
Nov 20, 2009
I have to admit I still don't get why it's so popular. I mean I had friends going to the midnight release of it. Why? It really isn't that good.

lord.jeff

Oct 27, 2010
The whole make up things isn't any different then what a lot of movies and Star Trek have done with facial hear, you're looking far to much into a simple visual cue.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I thought the first film was ok, it wasn't as bad as I thought it will be but none the less not a great movie (quite a few plotholes/ questionable moments in the film). By all means I ain't going to watch the sequel but I will give it a go if it aired on tv or something.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Sounds like a an action cock block in the same way that the last twilight movie was.

As to Frozen, my girlfriend's excited to see it and I dont really mind going either cause I'm still of the age mentally where I can get excited for animated movies (hence why I'm rather psyched for HTTYD 2), I kinda resigned it would be terribl or at least average and just be surprised if its not. Glad to hear the ads arent doing it justice (at least that's what i took away from it) and though I know its a kids movie so he has to be there, I cant stand that snowman character already.

Zenron

The Laughing Shadow
May 11, 2010
I know that all my friends will want to go see this film, so I was going to go see this whether it was good or not. Good to see that it isn't particularly bad though. I liked the first movie but it was kind of terrible in some respects(I'm looking at you action scenes).

I'm looking forward to the final 2 movies. Half because I've read the book and I know how much of a train wreck it is and then half because I wonder how long Bob can keep making up names for the characters.

As for Frozen being good, HELL YEAH. I'm super pumped for this movie. Disney have made some pretty good animated films recently, like Tangled or Wreck-it Ralph, but I miss the old Disney musicals and I'm glad this is on form.

Sartan0

Apr 5, 2010
My wife had me watch the first film last night to be ready for the movie in the theater this weekend. While it was not the best thing ever it was much better then most movies. There are a lot of dogs out there. I am inclined to give the new one the benefit of the doubt going in but I am not expecting much. If it is on the level with the first one I can deal with that.

Aug 1, 2010
Yah know Bob, more often than not, I disagree with you, but it's fun when I don't.

Totally with you on the Hunger Games entire series. Should be really interesting, but isn't. Lots of retarded contrivances.

Also this might by your funniest video ever. I was literally almost on the floor laughing from the names.

Nice work.

I'm rather intrigued by Frozen now, too. As you mentioned, the ads looked goddamn atrocious, but I may have to check it out.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
I'm going to be "that guy".

I don't even want to give this series a try because Battle Royal already exists and is awesome.

I would just spend the entire time comparing it to Battle Royal... and I doubt it can compete.

jdarksun

Nov 3, 2003
Conner42 said:
Dammit, you got me really excited for a second when you were talking about the new characters only to find out that it's pretty much going to be like the last movie.
The whole lead up to the "MORTAL KOMBAT!" bit was awesome. I mean, I read the books, I know its third act is weak, and yet Bob got me pumped anyhow. :lol:

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
It seems the biggest issue I have with the movie was the same issue I have with the book. Namely, that it seems like nothing relevant happens. They pretty much remake the premise of the entire last entry, with an entirely new cast (except for the protagonists), only to end in a cliffhanger of "awesome things to come".

In that case, congratulations, I guess; you adapted it fairly accurately. But it doesn't change the fact the trilogy could have removed the second entry, changed to a two parts series and it would loose almost nothing.

Dirty Apple

Apr 24, 2008
My wife will be going to this weekend, which means I'll be going along as chaperone. The first movie was solidly average, which, as far as tween book adaptations go, is about the most you could hope for. At least you get to see Donald Sutherland play the bad guy which is always fun.

What truly piqued my interest though was what Bob left unsaid concerning Frozen. I enjoy me some high quality animation, and I thought some of the shorts they've released so far looked funny. I wonder what he referring to?

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I know nothing about The Hunger Games. It does not look interesting to me. But I have to say that this sounds very disappointing. All of those enemy characters die off screen? That would drive me up a wall, especially after that training footage you apparently get to see early in the moving.

On a side note, what does that comment about Frozen mean? Is the movie good, or is it shaping up to be bad? I intend to see that one right away, but that comment confuses me. What is are the trailers doing wrong? Could someone explain it to me WITHOUT spoiling the movie beyond "Girl and guy team up to stop girl's sister from freezing everything"? And don't tell me if the sister is really a good guy or bad guy.

Davroth

The shadow remains cast!
Apr 27, 2011
I'll watch it nonetheless, and I will probably have fun doing so. But, really, Bob doesn't really fit my taste in movies, like, 80% of the time. So yeah. :p

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Well that's a shame. You had me going for a second there.
These movies sound like they could be really good.
But is seems it can't always get people "into it" enough to distract them from the problems, or nitpicks.

Oh well. :) Maybe the third time will be the charm?

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Sniper Team 4 said:
I know nothing about The Hunger Games. It does not look interesting to me. But I have to say that this sounds very disappointing. All of those enemy characters die off screen? That would drive me up a wall, especially after that training footage you apparently get to see early in the moving.

On a side note, what does that comment about Frozen mean? Is the movie good, or is it shaping up to be bad? I intend to see that one right away, but that comment confuses me. What is are the trailers doing wrong? Could someone explain it to me WITHOUT spoiling the movie beyond "Girl and guy team up to stop girl's sister from freezing everything"? And don't tell me if the sister is really a good guy or bad guy.
Bob was saying that the trailers were making the movie look bad, but it sounds like it isn't.