Escape to the Movies: The Kings Speech

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
Great take on both the Oscar circus and the usual means of reviewing a film.

Very enjoyable, Bob.

PhiMed

Nov 26, 2008
Huh... so that's all it takes?

One question: Forrest Gump was set in America, with a Southern accent, and mostly during the 60's. Does the Viet Nam War override the need for WWII?

dfcrackhead

Apr 14, 2009
I really enjoyed that review... It was really creative and a fun way of covering two topics at once. Good Job Bob.

sdgilbert

Sep 29, 2009
Hey Bob, don't forget about Patton. At least that was an amazing movie on top of being based in World War II

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
One thing to mention... I'm sure to hell Geoffrey Rush is Australian. Anyway, all in all... I do agree and I even made this clear in your last vid on the Oscars. The film looked like Oscar Bait and it will probably catch some Oscars. Though if I was you Bob, I'd start digging a trench and line it with barber wire because I imagine the backdraft your about to receive for this will be mind boggling.

Natdaprat

Sep 10, 2009
You are 100% correct. Though some films that use these methods are not always bad, like Forest Gump.

House_Vet

Dec 27, 2009
Ech, mostly correct I suppose, but I really rather liked it and thought the social network was massively overrated.

omega247

Apr 12, 2010
I should show this to some of my friends who think that if a movie wins an oscar it's automatically amazing...

And I think The King's Speech looks exceedingly boring

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
I kinda want The Kings Speech to win now.

Because, really, if the movie that's such shameless Oscar bait is winning, why would you ever actually care about the Oscars?

And you do.

Goldeneye1989

Deathwalker
Mar 9, 2009
Sorry moviebob but there is one better piece of Oscar bait

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kj78anyCkM

Edit:

Double edit apparently video on cracked is broken replaced by
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAG9Xn5bJwQ&feature=player_embedded

Tremp10k

Aug 23, 2009
Bob i completely sympathize with you about mother nature i live in lawrence about 30 minuets north of boston and i feel like i've been shoveling for about a month

Hatchet90

Nov 15, 2009
Expect a shit storm Bob... I have to completely disagree with you on this one. I'm not going to list off my reasons, mostly because you probably don't read the comments. The King's Speech is going to win, and even though it wasn't my favorite (that being Black Swan), it's in my opinion that it is more deserving than the Social Network. You may as well say that The Social Network is oscar bait because it's topical and the Kids Are All Right is because there's a gay couple.

1. Black Swan
2. 127 Hours
3. Inception
4. The King's Speech
5. The Social Network
6. True Grit
7. Toy Story 3
8. The Fighter
9. Winter's Bone
10. The Kids Are All Right

Shakaar9267

Look at me, I'm burning.
Nov 30, 2009
Great review. However that little 'ding' you had with every check mark was a little sharp. It kind of hurt my ears.

ShadowKatt

Mar 19, 2009
I'm actually half interested now. If this movie was made with no more blatant purpose than winning an oscar, and it does win an oscar, then that means the oscars and hollywood as a whole are a sham, we should burn it all down, shoot everyone in it, bulldoze over that part of california, and start over.