Escape to the Movies: The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

alleghory415

Jul 7, 2010
I could not have put this better myself... Thank you, MovieBob....

Watched the first one: It was tolerable because of Rifftrax
Watched the second one: Thought it would be better when drunk. What a fool I was.
Watch the third one?: Not going to happen. It's one of those "Fool me once, shame on you" sort of things

Kill100577

Nov 25, 2009
I totally agree, i have nearly been curious enough to watch twilight once or twice just to see what all the fuss is about

Frankfurter4444

Aug 11, 2009
While I enjoy the Angry Bob rants, or more precisely "find them entertaining" it occurs to me that Twilight is right there with Harry Potter in the type of series whose viewers are either already on board or not going to get on now. In fact, I'd imagine most of the Escapist is not going to see Twilight. So I must then ask, why are we making this poor guy watch these movies? I guess if Bob doesn't mind because he knows he'll have good material (like he hinted to in his Knight and Day review) then maybe make him keep seeing these things; but otherwise hasn't he suffered enough? Sure he told us to go see Daybreakers (which was awful) but that's not worthy of this terrible a punishment.

There seems to be genuine hatred in these reviews. I guess if Bob doesn't mind going, I know I'll enjoy watching his review; but if he doesn't want to watch the next one, I don't think we should force him.

Farseer Lolotea

Mar 11, 2010
Much as I hate to seem like I'm defending Twilight (heaven forbid), I must say one thing:

The reason the werewolves fail so hard is because they looked too much like actual wolves. And wolves, when you get down to it, are rather cute animals. (Not as woefully cute as Blizzard's new worgen models, granted...but even so.)

OceanRunner

Mar 18, 2009
EnigmaHarper said:
Thank you, Bob. Thank you.

I despise the Twilight movies because of the fact that they glorify broken relationships. How can the throng of rabid fans not see that? I really want to know what is so appealing of being controlled. I just don't understand.

Anyways, I completely agree with you.

Don't believe me? Well read this... http://mindlessdribbling.blogspot.com/2010/06/eclipse.html

I wrote it at 3am, so sorry for any misspelling or bad grammar.

So, again, thank you, and hopefully someday we will all be free of the pox Stephanie Meyers has wrought on this world.
Read the blog, and really enjoyed the anecdote. I worry a little about the lady who felt it necessary to bring in a cardboard cutout to watch the movie with.

ThisNewGuy

Apr 28, 2009
Sir John The Net Knight said:
I don't really get how Moviebob derives some kind of psychotic religious marriage dogma from Twilight. It's about a bitchy girl being pursued by the two most unlikable movie monsters ever made. Why this is some kind of anti-feminist message is beyond my understanding. Also didn't Bob rag on feminism in his "Bond Girls" video?
Why? because now there's a new growing popular phenomenon amongst young teenagers of biting to draw blood as a sign of affection.

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008
I watched this movie after I got back to Athens from 3 weeks of work and all I could think of is: "I wonder if Movie Bob talked about this". I honestly hated the movie. Thank fuck I had a couple of friends with me and we made fun of it. Some of our jokes even seemed to entertain the other people who were there.

ThisNewGuy

Apr 28, 2009
ThisNewGuy said:
I don't really get how Moviebob derives some kind of psychotic religious marriage dogma from Twilight. It's about a bitchy girl being pursued by the two most unlikable movie monsters ever made. Why this is some kind of anti-feminist message is beyond my understanding. Also didn't Bob rag on feminism in his "Bond Girls" video?
Why? because now there's a new growing popular phenomenon amongst young teenagers of biting to draw blood as a sign of affection.
Do you honestly expect that not to occur in the midst of a vampire fad?
That's exactly what Moviebob was talking about. This "fad" is creating some realistic impact in popular culture in a negative way.

imperfect number

Feb 28, 2010
ZAch055 said:
Okay people, I would like to bring up a topic known as Evolutionary psychology. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolutionary_psychology
Men want to be on top and be powerful because all those without that trait died out. Women want to get married and have children because those who did not have that trait died out. Do you see what I'm getting at here? The women who did not have the natural instinct to get married died out since they did not have any kids, but women who had the instinct to get married had kids and that is why women of today want to get married to badly.
To nip this in the bud, Evolutionary Psychology is bad science. Not because its claims are often morally objectionable (which they are), but because the stories they tell about the evolution of mental traits are not backed up by any evidence. Indeed, it's proponents rarely look for evidence.
Moreover, the vary idea that discrete actions, like say males being unfaithful, are selected for genetically in humans has very little support. In fact there is far more support for this NOT happening, and that the human psychology has evolved be adaptive not preprogrammed.
Wikipedia mentions this, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolutionary_psychology_controversy

DemonicVixen

Oct 24, 2009
SirCannonFodder said:
Why did they have you review this? I mean, who among the Escapist's audience was possibly considering going to see this?
How about me in a few hours, taking my boyfriend whom is also interested in the movies...

Yes i agree with some of the points in this review but not others. Maybe im just a sad typical girl who just likes the movies for the hot lads (Rob Pattinson?? Nah) or maybe i just prefer torturing those i drag with me to see it even when they actually want to see it. I like the movies, for some reason i cant explain and the soundtracks havnt been too bad either to the point ive downloaded them. Want to complain and flame me for it?? Try it, i like the movie end of, and i dont care what people say about it, i'll judge it for myself.

Some felt Harry Potter 6 was FANTASTIC with great effects. Me? I felt it was overrated, effects were adverage and personally i wanted my money back as much as several others whom left the cinema screening at the same time i did. As for the upcoming 7th one... I dont even think im going to bother seeing that as the trailers look weak.

Daipire

Oct 25, 2009
itsAgirLpire said:
.>
I liked it
.>
Ya I said it. Don't hurt me!
A 14 year old girl likes Twilight.
Not exactly shock material.

DemonicVixen said:
*Snip-a-dee-doo-dah*
Your boyfriend must really be open-minded, as I've only heard terrible, terrible things about that movie (well, from guys, anyway...)

And Harry Potter died a bit ago, replaced by the Twilight craze, in retrospect, it's a pretty average story, and the movies were never very good...

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
MovieBob said:
The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

This week MovieBob reviews The Twilight Saga: Eclipse and explains why it really is a scary film.

Watch Video
bob i realy want you to see this thats why im quoteing you every one else should watch this preveiw too itll make all you twilight fans cry and everyone else just laugh.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaCLeoL9a3M

lizards

Jan 20, 2009
with the exception of yahtzee videos this was the first time ive ever had to pause a video because i cant stop laughing hard enough to give myself a headache

seriously that editing a frisbee in there was funny as hell

Tyrany42

Aug 5, 2010
Gereiam said:
Hmm, so your actually saying that because i married at a young age.....im gonna beat my wife up and have crazy kids? And that everyone needs to be banged up before they ....what....commit?...marry?...live together until they get bored?......whats your idea of a good and healthy relationship? dude! movie critic aside, im concerned you have an unhealthy and strong dislike towards the godly, the celebate and or the preachy..... as annoying as they seem thier intentions are honest and good.

Are you saying we should bed the person we choose to be for life with before we make the final decision? that virginity is an unimportant joke? Sorry bro but i was just ticked off at the statment you made in the review, free opions and all.

Movie Bob says............SO WHAT!!!!!!!
Dude...do you have any idea how long I looked through these comments to find one like this? I was beginning to think I was the only person left on earth who saw sex as something to be shared with one other person for the rest of your life. Don't get me wrong, I hate Twilight, but that anti-abstinence speech REALLY rubbed me the wrong way. Seriously, what is more difficult: finding or paying some random person to fuck, or waiting for just the right person that you want to spend the rest of your life with and making a commitment first? Why is virginity something to be ashamed of nowadays?