Escape to the Movies: The Watch

pearcinator

Apr 8, 2009
OK then don't see The Watch (not like I was going to anyway)

Have you seen the massive over 5-minute long trailer for 'Cloud Atlas'? Looks very interesting (haven't read the book) but how the hell are they going to fit all this stuff in a 2-3hr long movie without it becoming a confusing mess?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[/youtube]

Although I must admit...that trailer was really good. The music gave me chills!

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
Men in Black 3 was damn good.
As for the actual movie being discussed, if it has Jonah Hill and you don't intend to see it stoned, its generally the best idea to just not go.

Geek2theRight

May 16, 2011
Am I the only one who got disappointed when Bob mentioned the new Step-Up movie and then went on to review The Watch anyway? Let's see . . . a boring old samey-same comedy movie, of which we've had a billion this year alone; or a dance movie that, even if not particularly good, is at least something different for a change.

Review something different for a change, Bob. Even if you know it's going to be crap.

Suicidejim

Jul 1, 2011
Well, personally, I really rather enjoyed it. Not exactly a spectacular movie, but it was an enjoyable evening, and I laughed a fair number of times. And it's lovely to see Richard Ayoade get some decent mainstream exposure outside the UK.

Raso719

May 7, 2011
The movie dealt with aliens? Gee, I had no idea. I mean none of the commercials gave off the slightest hint of a plot involving aliens. It's almost like they were ashamed of that and didn't want people knowing it was a sci-fi movie.

I have no idea why, I mean sci-fi is soooooo popular in America, it's not like we've become so cynical and lost our imaginations to the point where we can only enjoy a sci-fi program if it actively avoids doing anything sci-fi and is little more than an other genre dressed up in a space suit.