Escape to the Movies: Troll Hunter

ZombieGenesis

Apr 15, 2009
I will so be checking this out.
Also, I like how this is a 'mock found footage movie', a genre that Bob has explicitly stated that he hated. But I suppose the rest of it must be good enough to excuse the project.
Clearly not just an American film trope then?

And I would have to disagree. America being the ONLY voice on the international blockbuster market IS 'in of itself' a bad thing.

PopcornAvenger

Jul 15, 2008
eels05 said:
You know this will be remade for American audiences if it becomes a massive cult hit.

I mean what was wrong with the original 'Let the Right One In'?

I suspect Americans don't like subtitles.
"Let me in" was made by a director who loved the original book and movie, not because something was "wrong" with the swedish version, "Let the Right One In". Both versions are loved. I bought the american version and am very pleased with it. Steven King said it was the best horror movie to come out in the last twenty years. I think I might have to agree (but I haven't seen Troll Hunter ;) )

Definitely a must-see for those of us who love vampires, but hate Twilight. I bought the book, too.

Grahwo

Sep 23, 2008
Im glad "Trolljegern" Is getting some recongition internationally :3
Saw it on opening day <3 It was a really good fun experience.
Just a shame the US folks will probably hate it just because its foregin and subtitled xD

barash

Mar 29, 2010
As a Norwegian who is thoroughly sick of the crap the Norwegian film industry pushes out, I expected this one to suck the high hard one. Shock and awe; it didn't. Now, I expect Hollywood to throw some cash around, and violently screw the pooch in every which way possible in the name of the almighty quick buck.

Cynic, me? Naaah -.-

Meanmoose

Jan 20, 2009
Jeg lukter kristenmanns blod! XD translation: I smell christian mans blood!
It's bacically the troll catchphrase of Norwegian floklore XD

Kenito

Dec 6, 2010
Im currently attending the same school as the students in this film. Havent seen any trolls yet tho :(

Snurreleif

May 14, 2011
Troll Hunter is good indeed.

Norwegian moviemakers are finally getting the courage to make genre-movies instead of all those "gritty dark dramas".

MaiFlow

May 4, 2011
I always love to hear "Norway" in international media, probably just some patriotism...

I also love how EVERY SINGLE english speaker pronounces our names wrong. ( I am not ranting here folks), though we seem to have a strange, very recognisable accent ourselves, so I guess we are square there.

Kelthurin

Jun 18, 2009
Finally something out of my country that isn't about heartache, sociopaths and murderers.

I really hate Norwegian movies, but this will be an exception.

Hugums

Mar 14, 2011
Definitely one of the best films I've seen in a while. One question though,
Can anyone find the full conference that was used at the end? The look on the guys face when the PM said Trolls was incredibly mysterious to say the very least.
Other than that I would love to see some kind of sequel, they seem to have left the space for it.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Hugums said:
Definitely one of the best films I've seen in a while. One question though,
Can anyone find the full conference that was used at the end? The look on the guys face when the PM said Trolls was incredibly mysterious to say the very least.
I think that was just an actor. Note how you can only see the PM's elbow when he's mentioning trolls. I figure it was just edited cleverly together.

RuskWolfe

Feral Member
Dec 10, 2009
Thank you Bob, I think it's inspiring to see that you take into account movies that we recommend.

plainlake

Jan 20, 2010
As another Norwegian, I got all giggly when I saw what moviebob was reviewing this week and I am a 22yo tall Male. We are only about 4 mill people, so it would be like a movie in your homecity for people in most of the world, so yeah, we get all patriotic when someone notice us.

Now do "let the right one in" so that the swedes dont get all jelaous.

But just thanks Bob. I reaLLY mean that.

gring

Sep 14, 2010
While normally you can do reviews pretty good w/o spoiling everything, this was just an entire spoiler for the movie.

I regret watching this episode.

MrScandinavia

Jul 20, 2009
CrazyJuan77 said:
Sorry if it makes me thick but can someone explain to me
what happened to hans?
No-one knows. That's actually one of the reasons why I loved this move, the open, mysterious ending.

Also, thanks Bob, for putting this movie in the spotlight. this is probably the only great Norwegian movie since Elling (Oscer nominated btw)

Elf Defiler Korgan

Apr 15, 2009
I liked it quite a bit, saw it last night. Some good scenes of tension, and the final showdown thrilled me (the finisher and the cool walk away had a strong sense of cool about it).

Good? Bad? The troll hunter is the one with the uv gun.

elitestranger1

Nov 20, 2009
this movie is stupid. i admire the fact that its different but its like a cross between blair witch and sesemy street. 'elmo knows whee u live, get them big bird!'
the cartoony trolls dont work.

(the best mockumentary is noroi: the curse)