Escape to the Movies: Troll Hunter

Hugums

Mar 14, 2011
Jonluw said:
Hugums said:
Definitely one of the best films I've seen in a while. One question though,
Can anyone find the full conference that was used at the end? The look on the guys face when the PM said Trolls was incredibly mysterious to say the very least.
I think that was just an actor. Note how you can only see the PM's elbow when he's mentioning trolls. I figure it was just edited cleverly together.
Oh, well if that wasn't a real conference then you're right, that was some incredible editing.

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
I dont really know if i should wish this thing to become successfull, they don't deserve to be punished with an american adaption

DarksideFlame

Feb 9, 2011
The Norwegian film-industry is like this we often have a real long period of producing movies that are absolute bollocks and then suddenly we have this magically make a movie which is so good that seems like a diamond made of gold

AntiAntagonist

Neither good or bad
Apr 17, 2008
Watched it online- was pretty darn good. Felt the ending was a lil weak, but worth watching anyway.

Probably not gonna watch the Hollywood remake.

Cyfu

Nov 25, 2010
THIS IS the best Norwegian Movie EVAH!! (maybe because every norwegian movie besides this one sucks so much) anyways, proud to be norwegian at the moment!!

Grabbin Keelz

Jun 3, 2009
"Troll Hunters" I honestly thought this was gonna be a mock episode.

I'll be sure to give it a look. Hopefully I can find a girl to see it with while it's still in theaters.

Nemu

In my hand I hold a key...
Oct 14, 2009
That looks awesome!

I was unaware of it's existence and now I must see it!

Nemu

In my hand I hold a key...
Oct 14, 2009
That looks awesome!

I was unaware of it's existence and now I must see it!

Fophug123

May 26, 2009
I am a Norwegian myself and this film is one of Norwegian small treasures. I am really impressed over how good Bob does his research! The moment i saw he was going to review Trolljegeren (Trollhunter) i thought to myself "damn, how is he suppose to that", but hey. nice review!

E-Penguin

Jun 7, 2010
I saw this movie yesterday.

It's great, but there are also a lot of references to Norwegian culture that non-Norwegians would easily miss, such as the three sheep on the bridge.

DogOnDrugs

May 29, 2005
Great I would love to see that movie, if only I didn't go into a blood crazed rampage everytime I have to endure movies that were filmed using handheld cameras.

DogOnDrugs

May 29, 2005
Great I would love to see that movie, if only I didn't go into a blood crazed rampage everytime I have to endure movies that were filmed using handheld cameras.

Stones Angel

Aug 31, 2010
It's pretty cool to see that when someone over here actually does make a decent movie that it gets this level of international recognition and praise.

Although i think much of the international audience missed out on a lot of the humor in it.

f.ex. The Polish bear delivery which also happened to be played by a pretty well known Norwegian comedian ;)

zerobudgetgamer

Apr 5, 2011
I find it kind of funny that I was in the middle of playing Shadow of the Colossus when I stumbled upon this. Definitely interested, will give it a look see if I can find it.

PortalThinker113

Jul 13, 2010
Arrgh, this movie looks so awesome! I literally had just discovered the trailer five minutes before I went to the Escapist- imagine my glee when I found that Bob was reviewing this, and that it was good! It needs to get here sooner- will it be coming to theaters at any point on a more worldwide level?