Escape to the Movies: Tron: Legacy

Scarlet Mongoose

Mar 26, 2011
Erja_Perttu said:
I think you're being very elite-ist. Do you expect people to come out of the theatre having enjoyed the movie and say 'yeah, that was awesome, but having only watched the original three hours ago I'm in no position to comment as to the series' themes and enjoyability.'

Get off of your high horse and accept that people can have a good time and not know everything about obscure movies you think you're more entitled to.
I love how people who get looked down on for whatever reason, always tell the other person to "get off their high horse".

Let me answer for him.
NO!!!

Why don't, instead of telling someone else to lower their standards, you try to friggin' raise yours?!

So what if you weren't around for the original movie?!

I wasn't and still saw it over a DECADE ago.

You've had YEARS now.
So, unless you're a lazy douche-bag, you can USE YOUR BRAIN and find movies worth seeing.
Use the internet, ask friends and family, and people OLDER than you, look up critics' top choices, look at any "top movie" listing.

And go educate yourself on the spectacle and art-form that is movie-making.

Scarlet Mongoose

Mar 26, 2011
tk1989 said:
Like seriously.... who were these awkward cameos? I saw the film when it was released, and ive been actually dumstruck as to what bob was saying in regard to this?
***MY REPLY TO THIS POST WILL HAVE SPOILERS****
(THAT'S FOR THE OTHER PEOPLE READING ALL THIS THAT STILL HAVEN'T SEEN THE FILM)

I think he meant the "reveal" that Rinzler was TRON, which wasn't really a reveal for anyone paying attention during this movie, or anyone who had seen the first movie.

The fact that he "becomes" TRON again at the very end of the film, just to fade into black (literally), is a set up for "I'll be back being badass in the sequel".

Second one is the less-than-a-minute scene of Ed Dillenger Jr. Played by Cillian Murphy.
They mention him again in the extended footage on the DVD special features.

That's my guess.

Erja_Perttu

May 6, 2009
Scarlet Mongoose said:
Erja_Perttu said:
I think you're being very elite-ist. Do you expect people to come out of the theatre having enjoyed the movie and say 'yeah, that was awesome, but having only watched the original three hours ago I'm in no position to comment as to the series' themes and enjoyability.'

Get off of your high horse and accept that people can have a good time and not know everything about obscure movies you think you're more entitled to.
I love how people who get looked down on for whatever reason, always tell the other person to "get off their high horse".

Let me answer for him.
NO!!!

Why don't, instead of telling someone else to lower their standards, you try to friggin' raise yours?!

So what if you weren't around for the original movie?!

I wasn't and still saw it over a DECADE ago.

You've had YEARS now.
So, unless you're a lazy douche-bag, you can USE YOUR BRAIN and find movies worth seeing.
Use the internet, ask friends and family, and people OLDER than you, look up critics' top choices, look at any "top movie" listing.

And go educate yourself on the spectacle and art-form that is movie-making.
U mad bro?

LOL