Escape to the Movies: Your Highness

Migratingchimp

Jun 7, 2010
thecoreyhlltt said:
coming soon to a theatre near you! it's! BEEEEAAAAARRSSSSS IIINNNN SPAAAAAACE!!!!!
I would totally see that.

Can just hear the movie preview guy's voice: 'He thought he had eliminated it, but as the frozen bear swung by the sun it was imbued with radioactive powers. Now Hercules must go into space to face his greatest enemy before it returns to burn the world. In Theatres this summer it's Hercules 2 BEARS IN SPACE!'

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
I think I might see "Arthur" this weekend, instead...

But I'll watch this on DVD.

And everything I've seen about Thor makes it seem like it won't suck.

But you can make a good trailer for ANYTHING.
Yes, case in point-SKYLINE

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
HankMan said:
"The Bourne movies would have been a lot better if you replaced Matt Damon with a little girl."
FUCK YOU BOB!
Okay Natalie, Now you've made-up for two of the prequels.
I personally want to see Insidious. Idk Bob said it might be good, however when it comes to action I'll reserve my own opinion. At least I can trust bob on horror.

thecoreyhlltt

Jul 12, 2010
Migratingchimp said:
thecoreyhlltt said:
coming soon to a theatre near you! it's! BEEEEAAAAARRSSSSS IIINNNN SPAAAAAACE!!!!!
I would totally see that.

Can just hear the movie preview guy's voice: 'He thought he had eliminated it, but as the frozen bear swung by the sun it was imbued with radioactive powers. Now Hercules must go into space to face his greatest enemy before it returns to burn the world. In Theatres this summer it's Hercules 2 BEARS IN SPACE!'
totally epic and worth the price of admissions

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Susan Arendt said:
Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle is still the epitome of stoner comedy for me, so I think I'll give this a pass. I can't stand James Franco and I really don't want to have to look at that other guy the entire time.
Thank you!!! I have yet to see a funnier stoner movie. You are awesome :D

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
Divine Miss Bee said:
so, am i the only one for whom the video is broken?
Using Chrome, it simply will not play. Guess I'll try IE...
EDIT: NM just had to reload it a couple more times

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Madara XIII said:
Susan Arendt said:
Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle is still the epitome of stoner comedy for me, so I think I'll give this a pass. I can't stand James Franco and I really don't want to have to look at that other guy the entire time.
Thank you!!! I have yet to see a funnier stoner movie. You are awesome :D
Best Neil Patrick Harris cameo ever. :)

Divine Miss Bee

Feb 16, 2010
300lb. Samoan said:
Divine Miss Bee said:
so, am i the only one for whom the video is broken?
Using Chrome, it simply will not play. Guess I'll try IE...
EDIT: NM just had to reload it a couple more times
switched to firefox and it was fine. should/how can we tell someone?

Shameless

Jun 28, 2010
Just came from it, and sadly I am disappointed, I laughed my as out when I saw pineapple express, but I only laughed twice watching this movie.

While I 've seen worse comedies, this is just don't deserve a recommendation from me, Sorry Bob.

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
Hercules threw a bear into space...

I so have to get my self a copy of that movie.

And might check out the other ones mentioned.

Gralian

Me, I'm Counting
Sep 24, 2008
Aiddon said:
Now I just really wanna watch Hercules
This. It looks trippier than Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

Also, i'm going to avoid this movie like the plague. No offense to you Bob, but you have a pretty poor taste in comedy. I saw Hot Tub Time Machine on the TV the other day and it was just awful. Awful, awful AWFUL. The paper gave it one star out of five, but i decided to give it a shot anyway on your recommendation a long while back. Didn't chuckle at it. Not even once. Then there's your praise surrounding the mediocre Paul and while i haven't seen that particular movie, the trailers i did see employed tired old jokes that just never hit home. It felt very disconnecting to see British actors ostensibly play out American jokes and humour. I don't like these kind of "Aw duuuude" 'stoner' movies anyway, and i'll probably like one even less that rips on the whole fantasy trope while trying to be semi-serious. Not to mention i'm getting dreadfully sick of seeing and hearing about Natalie Portman. Don't we have any other young female actresses in Hollywood that are rising stars?

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Wait, so Hercules REALLY threw a bear into space???
At first i thought MovieBob edited that last space-scene. Well I'll be damned, what the hell where the creators of that smoking?
Also, Your Highness seems ok, i suppose. Though i haven't actually even heard of it before...
I may go see it.

CommanderKirov

Oct 3, 2010
This is the one part. And I do mean THE ONE AND ONLY PART, where Jack Black would actually fit and not stick out like a sore thumb like in every other movie he made...

And they did not cast him. I am dissapoint

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
DearFilm said:
I cannot for the life of me understand why Bob would spend his time tripping over a semi-recommendation for Your Highness when he could have spent it talking about the intense piece of awesome that is Hanna.
Hanna or not, I've gotta agree with this. Given that every movie he mentions other than Your Highness seems to both have more discussion value to it and be a better movie than Your Highness, it seems odd he chose to spend his weekly video on a "meh" recommendation. Personally, I would have loved to hear Bob's full take on Super instead of just a two second long "damn it's good, go see it."

millertime059

Jan 7, 2011
Seems to me that Bob is recommending this either as a rental, or something to see if your significant other really wants to. Enjoyable, but utterly vapid and predictable.

As for your stingers though, yeah Thor better not suck. I'm nearly powerless to resist anything with Norse or Greek mythos in them.