Escapecraft: Cut The Crap

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
Mikeyfell said:
AHHHH! Stop saying this is like Red Vs Blue! RvB had a coherent narrative from day one and was executed with some understanding of how film-making and editing work.

This is much closer to Show About Games Show in Minecraft.

What's the deal with people on the internet who see something good and assume it's easy, or even worse assume they have the skills to make something just as good.

Look you're obviously aspiring michanimators and I don't want to crush your souls unjustly. All the Rooster Teeth guys were in movies before they made RVB so maybe it's an unfair comparison. Just because you made a bad pilot episode doesn't mean the rest of your series won't have some merit. Unless this was supposed to be sketch comedy, if that was the case then just stop right now.
did you read the posts by Haxx? they explain why this is a bit sub par.
Clonekiller said:
vallorn said:
Clonekiller said:
Oi. More freaking minecraft stuff. How nice. Think I'd rather beat my head against a wall personally. At least that way I'd be stimulating my brain.
well maybe you could do that rather than making caustic comments that dont add anything to humanities sum total of understanding?
Boom. You been nerd-baited.
why yes i am a nerd. but id rather be a nerd than some kid on the internet who gets his kicks from "Baiting" people with comments so dumb that they significantly reduce the overall intellect of the internet.

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
vallorn said:
did you read the posts by Haxx? they explain why this is a bit sub par.
No I hadn't read that,

That makes sense. I apologize.

[sub]I still hope it's not supposed to be sketch comedy though.[/sub]

Ruley

Sep 3, 2010
To me, this video best emulates Monty Python: And now for something completely different, and thus I was looking on intrigued at the possibilities of such a series but having read some posts in this thread, I'm now loosing faith in this endeavour because of the variety of content these guys want to present us with.

Being brutally honest, the plan of doing sketches would work brilliantly, and maybe a brief mention of currently running competitions and challenges on the server at the end of each weekly video might be a better allocation of time for something that can easily be explained in 30 seconds rather than dedicating an entire episode to it. That way you can have better exposure of running competitions per week, rather than every 3 weeks or so and loose an entire video slot to do so.

Also, don't bother with tutorials, no offence, but unless you have someone on your server who can build the flying golden elevator from Charlie and the chocolate factory then leave the tutorials for youtube as 90% of the time, if people need a tutorial on redstone (or something), they'll go to youtube not here.

Realisticly, if you're claiming to be a community built and focused video series, just film what people in the community would do in their spare time on minecraft. Do some custom maps, maybe have a few sketch shows (with a tad more planning by the looks of you're youtube introduction vid) and parody's would also work well too given the wealth of movies and TV shows you could recreate and make humorous with minecraft and friends.

Just my two cents, but best of luck!

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
TrevorGruen said:
heheheheh it kinda reminds me of red vs blue, but with minecraft and escapist stuff! looks real good.
Its a very good server too..... Too bad I lag like a mo fo on Christmas while santa goes HO HO HO while knocking a ***** out. But none the less, a AMAZING server.

TrevorGruen

Jan 5, 2011
Aprilgold said:
TrevorGruen said:
heheheheh it kinda reminds me of red vs blue, but with minecraft and escapist stuff! looks real good.
Its a very good server too..... Too bad I lag like a mo fo on Christmas while santa goes HO HO HO while knocking a ***** out. But none the less, a AMAZING server.
on christmas while knocking a ***** out...? i can haz confusion?

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
TrevorGruen said:
Aprilgold said:
TrevorGruen said:
on christmas while knocking a ***** out...? i can haz confusion?
Basically means it lags like the ***** is unconscious followed by later waking up on christmas, so basically, HUGE LAG, game crash, rejoin server, repeat.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
Once Upon an Escapecrafter
Me like the sound of that.

Also, I hope this will continue tomorrow EVER.

JenSeven

Crazy person! Avoid!
Oct 19, 2010
So, this show is a no-starter?
Given the time we're waiting for the first actual show of this, I'm not sure if it even is going to launch.

albinoterrorist

Jan 1, 2009
JenSeven said:
So, this show is a no-starter?
Given the time we're waiting for the first actual show of this, I'm not sure if it even is going to launch.
Wouldn't be the first.
Or would it?

w1ndscar

Jul 22, 2009
I dont see the resemblance of this to RvB except that both are inside a video game, and started/starting as a simple group project.