Escaping Griefers 101

Dusty Donuts

Jul 16, 2009
Griefers. Our enemy whether they run alongside us virtually or shoot our face, we hate em. (Unless you see them on youtube, then they're a bit funny.) (I SAID A BIT). When I met Griefer3 (I count them), who was team killing in Left 4 Dead, I decided to compile this.
STEPS TO REMOVE GRIEFERS.
1. Make friends with the admins of servers. If you have them in your friends list, it's easier to contact them and if you can't kick him/her, you can give said admin his/her username and get them indefinitely banned later.
2. If the admins aren't socially sound, call up voting. Voting is the simplest way, but some experienced griefers can and will bypass it (a strange square at the end of I'm A Firin' Mah Lazor[Clan] screwed up a ban once. BEWARE). If this happens...
3. Reverse Grief, a way to grief griefers, is basically killing the griefer. In L4D versus, just let a hunter or smoker kill the griefer. In Campaign, easily team kill the griefer. You may lose a character, but it's better than losing three.
(NOTE: THIS IS DESIGNED FOR LEFT 4 DEAD GRIEFERS. SORRY, BUT IT WON'T WORK IN TEAM BASED GAMES WITH NO FRIENDLY FIRE SUCH AS TEAM FORTRESS 2.)
Please leave comments on your own grief removal techniques. And thanks for *yawn* tl;dr...

iggyus

Apr 18, 2009
Well in Counter Strike we simply team knifed down the bastard. Ah the good old times

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
The best way to get rid of a griefer is to ignore them. I've encountered plenty of Server Pirates in GMOD, and Griefers in TF2.
They usually go away if ignored. But the catch is: You can't say ANYTHING. If someone on the mic so much as says one word, they will stay there.

If they're spamming or yelling something really annoying, you can always just turn off the speakers. (In TF2, you can always mute.)

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
Was playing War Rock and this guy had hacked the server and was flying through the air. Thankfully War Rock has health that doesn't regenerate and single shot to the head from my team (the dude flying was on my team as well) stopped him. He gets on the chat and starts complaining that he got team killed. He respawned near my position so I leveled my M4 and killed him with another shot to head. By this point he got so frustrated he just quit the game. My team lost but it was a victory for fair play.

Xanadeas

Oct 19, 2008
Well if it's on TF2 I just mute them since it's usually just voice spam. On WoW I report them to GMs and let them deal with it. When playing Second Life I usually just ban/eject/otherwise remove them myself... The best thing to do when you've got a griefer is simply mute and ignore them.

Dr.Sean

Apr 5, 2009
I talked into my microphone and I was banned from a Counterstrike server for "greifing".

Dusty Donuts

Jul 16, 2009
It was funny, once there were these two sound spammers on a TF2 arena server, and everyone had muted them. When they actually had something to say ("HELP!" or "It's over here!") no-one heard them. They rage-quat after a hailstorm of text obscenities. Ha...Haha

SsilverR

Feb 26, 2009
in MGO we choke the guy out, tranq him then hide his sleeping body while we play ... every minute or so we go back and repeat the process when he wakes up ... they usually quit after 5 mins or so

btw .. KO lasts a little over a minute ... sleep is almost double that XD

blaze96

Apr 9, 2008
Battlefield 1942, we would just turn on ff and repeatedly kill the guy with the most imaginative means possible. I won this race once by running him over with a tank, jeep, and boat, then I smacked him with a plane all in one game. Funny to watch his character flail from the bunkers onto the end of the beach with the plane (we had modded planes in on the server). That or we just kicked him from the manager.

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
xxhazyshadowsxx said:
If they're spamming or yelling something really annoying, you can always just turn off the speakers. (In TF2, you can always mute.)
That button in all likelihood has saved my life a couple times.

not a zaar

Dec 16, 2008
Griefers, like all trolls, can only be beaten by ignoring them completely. Unfortunately there will always be some idiot who gives these people the attention they so desperately crave.

Apr 28, 2008
not a zaar said:
Griefers, like all trolls, can only be beaten by ignoring them completely. Unfortunately there will always be some idiot who gives these people the attention they so desperately crave.
So true.

Me talking to other teamates over steam: "Just ignore him and don't talk to him"
Other teamates start talking to griefer.

I don't know who to hate more, griefers, or people who feed them.

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
Dusty Pancakes said:
Wow, someone else who says quat.

On Halo, I had a guy on my team who'd kill me every time I went to drive the Warthog or pick up the enemy flag.