Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
anthony87 said:
RhombusHatesYou said:
anthony87 said:
Give me a bottle of Bushmills
On a community project budget? You'd be lucky to get a bottle of metho with an old teabag added to give it colour.
I see.....

Make a Lyons teabag and you've got yourself a deal!

You'll have to beg one off a tea drinker... Can't stand the stuff. Ruins the taste of my metho.

YingDerpington

Apr 23, 2012
RhombusHatesYou said:
YingDerpington said:
Though i'm not sure how in the crap you'd organise your list of people for each podcast.
Through intimidation and emotional blackmail... ask any stage manager.
Seriously? You mean this podcast is being run by a bunch of amateurs with abilities equal to a local McDonalds manager? There are far more effective ways of doing it! Pah! Blackmail - Schmackmail

YingDerpington

Apr 23, 2012
RhombusHatesYou said:
YingDerpington said:
RhombusHatesYou said:
YingDerpington said:
Though i'm not sure how in the crap you'd organise your list of people for each podcast.
Seriously?
No. I'm just making it up as I go along.
...Suddenly i'm reassured, improvisation and winging it are the 2 great symbols of a great management system!

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
YingDerpington said:
RhombusHatesYou said:
YingDerpington said:
RhombusHatesYou said:
YingDerpington said:
Seriously?
...Suddenly i'm reassured, improvisation and winging it are the 2 great symbols of a great management system!
Glad to be of help, although you might want to hear from someone who's actually involved in the CommuniCast before you get too relaxed about things.

YingDerpington

Apr 23, 2012
RhombusHatesYou said:
YingDerpington said:
RhombusHatesYou said:
YingDerpington said:
RhombusHatesYou said:
YingDerpington said:
Seriously?
Glad to be of help, although you might want to hear from someone who's actually involved in the CommuniCast before you get too relaxed about things.
Nah I think i'm good, if a regular old joe with a logical brain makes this stuff up on the go imagine what the people like Fappy and Daystar will do! They will make a new form of management that could be used to govern the world more efficiently!

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
Shitcast? More like Shitcast... wait. I see what you did there you Clever bastards. Protecting yourself from criticism. XD

Seriously though sounds cool. Sign me up!

Is that how it works? How exactly are you choosing people?

Do you have to be noteworthy to join?

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
Howdy folks.

A few weeks ago I started this thread [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.392586-Escapist-Content-and-You-Stuff-Youd-Like-to-See] asking what new stuff you guys would like to see on the Escapist.

Blunderboy had a very cool idea [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.392586-Escapist-Content-and-You-Stuff-Youd-Like-to-See#15837286], so me and bunch of other Escapists got together and decided that we'd love to make a community driven podcast, with as much interaction from you guys as possible. Everything, from games you'd like us to talk about, to topics on the forums you would like us to cover, as well as frequent guest appearances from you guys, the Escapist community.

We really want to know if this is something you guys would be interested in taking part in, or at the least, something you would like to listen to!

We have two separate podcasts in mind.

The first will focus exclusively on community input. We've already recorded an intro episode and we outline what it is we'd like to do with the podcast.

The second podcast, i.e., Failcast, Shit cast, Britcast, we haven't really decided on a name yet, will be about random topics. We still want community input, but this one will be far less focused, most likely derailing into several unrelated topics as well as being a bit rougher around the edges :D

It's still early days yet, but we'd love to hear your criticisms, your ideas, what you'd like us to talk about, anything, but most of all, we really want to get you guys involved.

We also have a user group [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/CommuniCast] for the podcast (it's set for 'approval' at the moment, but don't worry, as soon as Blunderboy gets online, I've asked him to make the group open to all).

Thank you

Massive thanks to Fiz_The_Toaster for editing these podcasts for us.
I would be very interested in taking part in this, the only problem is that my voice would probably sound terrible, but then again I'm biased. Otherwise my crusty British accent would probably be unintelligible to everyone who isn't British xD.

Otherwise, colour me interested :)

(I am aware that Daystar is also British - my joke still stands because of my crappy voice, plus I have a half posh, half Black Country accent... :p)

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
I'm not interested in taking part, but if you want some advice then [user]Baby Tea[/user] and [user]Labyrinth[/user] may be to get in touch with. They tried something similar a long time ago and Baby Tea works as a radio producer professionally.

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
I liked it, but that one guy... Psychic Taco? What the hell kind of name is that?

He sounds like a chimpy chump

Otherwise, great all around! Moar updates for the masses!

Dec 14, 2009
PsychicTaco115 said:
I liked it, but that one guy... Psychic Taco? What the hell kind of name is that?

Yeah, we didn't want that guy on the podcast, but we didn't have anyone else.

What a douche.

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
Daystar Clarion said:
PsychicTaco115 said:

Yeah, we didn't want that guy on the podcast, but we didn't have anyone else.

What a douche.
I can honestly say I've never wanted someone to be beaten with sticks more than him

Ah well, you make do with what you get

Jak23

Oct 1, 2010
I would LOVE to participate! But like all of my other posts, no one will notice or care...

Dec 14, 2009
Jak23 said:
I would LOVE to participate! But like all of my other posts, no one will notice or care...
That's not true :D

We'll read every suggestion and we think your idea is interesting or funny, we'll address it.

Jak23

Oct 1, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
Jak23 said:

We'll read every suggestion and we think your idea is interesting or funny, we'll address it.
I was addressed by Daystar! I may now die, a happy man.
Seriously though, how do I get involved? Your post on page 1 wasn't very informative on that point.

Dec 14, 2009
Jak23 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Jak23 said:

I was addressed by Daystar! I may now die, a happy man.
Seriously though, how do I get involved? Your post on page 1 wasn't very informative on that point.
Well you can start by joining the user group [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/CommuniCast] :D

I've noticed that you've just joined the Brovengers too, which is great.

If you have any questions, just ask anyone in the CommuniCast UG. In terms of involvement, that depends on how involved you want to be.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
My favourite part was 22:45 to 23:15, the next episode should focus on parts like that. Also, a present for the podcasters from yours truly, all ready to light up: