Escapist Expo 2013 Opens Panel Submissions

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
sky14kemea said:
OT: I wonder how many users would be interested in an Ask The Moderators panel?

I have no idea how it would come together, but maybe it'd be a nice way for people to get to know their Mods better without having to wait for one of us to get a Community Spotlight.

I'm going to go have a think about that. It means I'll be trying twice as hard to attend again this year!
I would be for this if enough people wanted it.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Ok, I got a panel idea that's pure gold.

Get all the male contributors, and make them all make out with each other for an hour. Non stop. With everyone watching. Film it too.

... too creepy? ...

... yeah, sounds a bit creepy. ...

... Why am I in my underwear?

Dr.Awkward

Mar 27, 2013
I have an idea for a panel!

Get five executives (or better yet, CEOs) from publishers and developers, who for the most part is considered to have NO CLUE of what's going on in this industry by their colleagues, and put them all in a panel.

Then, let the audience questions begin. Don't let them leave nor redirect the questions; they must answer them directly. For on that day, they're going to learn the results of their uneducated decisions, and the consequences of not doing their homework or putting in policies that prevent them from doing their homework properly.

For, as we have seen many times again and again, this is something that NEEDS to be done; a very stern wakeup call to people on executive boards that someone with a MBA and no experience with the industry is rarely ever a valid candidate to call the shots in such positions.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Can we create a panel for the indifferent and then not show up as part of our gag?

JonB

Don't Take Crap from Life
Sep 16, 2012
sky14kemea said:
snicker snack
Hey Sky-

That's for folks associated with an organization or another news outlet. You could put N/A there, or a blog, or what have you.