Escapist News Network: Natal Scandal

Mr. Gency

Jan 26, 2010
Hulyen said:
Nice Halo 5 reference! I almost spit my water. I should stop drinking water when I watch funny things.
Sounds like a good idea, thankfully I can refrain from laughing while I drink stuff.

outcast_within

Apr 24, 2009
Lady Kathleen said:
outcast_within said:
Mah boobies, what have you done with them? Give them BACK!
All my low cut and titillating (ha ha! puns!) were in the wash.
Dear escapist i have planted a bom in your building and unless you Significantly up Kathleens dressing budget, it will go off!

Dude Man

Feb 4, 2010
As always, premium content at an amazing price.

I dig your ideas and want to subscribe to your newsletter.

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
outcast_within said:
Lady Kathleen said:
outcast_within said:
Mah boobies, what have you done with them? Give them BACK!
All my low cut and titillating (ha ha! puns!) were in the wash.
Dear escapist i have planted a bom in your building and unless you Significantly up Kathleens dressing budget, it will go off!
*Sniped!*(reported) Problem solved.

That milo section of the report creeped me out as much as the first time I saw the video about project natal and got introduced to milo. I still would want a Natal due to the possibility of it being like the movie Gamer.

Veldt Falsetto

Dec 26, 2009
Hileict said:
Veldt Falsetto said:
Just cause no one else brought you in for this, 4, 5 and 6 deserve and need a full 3D remake more than 7, mainly because the only thing they'd do is add voices and make it clearer, if they remade 4, 5 and 6 on the ps3, it'd probably be much cooler
You obviously don't know what you're talking about. Did you forget to mention that FFVII has had ZERO remakes, whereas FF4, 5 and 6 have ALL been remade 2-3 times!

Original SNES -> PSone (in America and Japan, they WERE FMV-style games!) -> DS, etc.
Yes 4 has had a remake on DS but 5 and 6 have been re released, by that logic 7 has indeed been remade on PC and Ps3 already but you weren't expecting me to a) understand english and b) actually know my stuff.
My point was that they could remake not re release 4, 5 and 6 and improve on them much more than they could 7 because that would only get a graphical boost whereas the SNES titles would get a completely new 3D world and tons of little details that couldn't have been included the first time around.

DeAvatar

Mar 27, 2009
<3 to the LRR crew and the good stuff they keep putting out. (would the Lady Kathleen put the cat ears on in a future episode if i ask nicely? please...pretty please? *grovel*)

lem_is_cool

Sep 24, 2009
I can't wait until Master Chief Superstar Adventures in Dreamland gets released through Games on Demand. Pity we have to wait till 2015.

Archimedes88

May 16, 2008
DeAvatar said:
<3 to the LRR crew and the good stuff they keep putting out. (would the Lady Kathleen put the cat ears on in a future episode if i ask nicely? please...pretty please? *grovel*)
I seriously approve this! +1 vote from me : )

Another great episdoe guys and girls, i'm enjoying Matt Wiggin's appearance as the "Industry Expert" more and more! Definitely seems to be getting into his stride. Blackcurrant and lime slushies sound bloomin incredible! Was that a concept you came up with or do you actually have those in Canada? Also Guildford is 20 minutes down the road from me! (My new claim to internet fame)

Matt_LRR

Unequivocal Fan Favorite
Nov 30, 2009
Archimedes88 said:
DeAvatar said:
I seriously approve this! +1 vote from me : )

Another great episdoe guys and girls, i'm enjoying Matt Wiggin's appearance as the "Industry Expert" more and more! Definitely seems to be getting into his stride. Blackcurrant and lime slushies sound bloomin incredible! Was that a concept you came up with or do you actually have those in Canada? Also Guildford is 20 minutes down the road from me! (My new claim to internet fame)
Don't come on too strong, people might start to suspect I'm paying you to say those things.

-m

MurderousToaster

Aug 9, 2008
I'm so glad it's low-sodium. I just couldn't use anything with high sodium content.

Also, it was pretty funny.

DanDeFool

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2009
Yaay! Graham actually combed his hair this time!

But seriously though, looking forward to "The Last Story". That is to say, looking forward to see exactly how "different" it's going to be from Final Fantasy.

Maybe they'll release it on December 21, 2012, just as the world is coming to an end. Then it really will be the "last story". Ha!

Eoeoz

Apr 28, 2009
Lady Kathleen said:
Eoeoz said:
Why did Kathleen use lipstick from the blood of her vanquished enemies?
I'm not sure! I watched the video and went "yikes!" - it doesn't help that I'm almost as pale as Kratos anyhow. Everyone can be sure that particular shade of lipstick will not be coming back. Yetch.
It would also have to involve killing more of your enemies...which may also take up valuable time.

Realised I didn't comment on the episode, thought it was great as always.

DeviousJ

Nov 9, 2009
Hahaha! "What colour is your f***ing fish drawing now, motherf*****!"
Damn good episode.

I hope Milo gets help soon. But I don't like him anyway.

NostalgiaImitator

Dec 3, 2008
As I'm getting messages about being rude I shall be constructive in my criticism.

Ok, the idea is a good one and has alot to work with, however, I simply find that each episode is droll and the jokes come out flat and expected, leaving me with nothing to really laugh at. It's not so much bad as it is predictable. Humor needs unexpected twists or jokes that haven't been used 50 times. Also the acting is just monotone and in no way relatable. Spice things up!

As for Unskippable, it has a gem every now and then ("You came by helicopter?" Voiceover: "I know that because I saw you just jump down from a helicopter") but for the most part the jokes are just badly placed and silly. If I was in my teens or pre-teens I might enjoy it, but as I'm looking for better constructed humor, I have a feeling of emptinesss while watching. Sometimes you point out silly things in th trailers instead of just using them as part of the joke. Your audience is mature enough usually to pick up on the joke, they don't need you pausing to say "Wait, so X is Y, but Y is not X?" I got it, I dont need you to fill time by pointing it out more so.

There's your constructive criticsm