Escapist News Network: On Punctuation

MattAn24

Pulse l'Cie
Jul 16, 2009
Zenode said:
Grrr this is still super frustrating.

are they doing real news and putting a fake twist on it ala Saturday Night Live or just pure fake stories (of course i can tell the ones which are TRULY fake)

Still love it though
The feature story is always a fake kinda-made-up one, or an interview. The news desk stories are ALL real, but made fun of mercilessly with jokes.

messy

Dec 3, 2008
The snake, snake, snaaaaaaaaake joke made me laugh

You guys are brilliant; so glad the escapist has joined with LRR.

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
I didn't know that women digged Yahtzee so much. It must be the hat... That's it, I'm getting a regular haircut and putting on mah trilby!
[small]...joking[/small]

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
Kathleen is quite dreamy when finding others dreamy.
I didn't get the cut joke, guessing it's some lyrics I haven't heard.

As for the book, it might make me actually play a text adventure game as I haven't played any fictional ones for quite awhile.

Apr 28, 2008
Wait, was that last line a Parappa the Rappa reference?

My respect for you just skyrocketed.

DP155ToneZone

Good enough for Petrucci on I&W
Aug 23, 2009
Err... Whats Yahtzee gunna do if his book sells a fuck tonne and Dark Horse asks for a sequel?!

We will have a conflicted Yahtzee thats for sure.

drakanwolf

Dec 21, 2009
ENN is always a must watch for me, and the "Square-One" joke at the end had me laughing for minutes!

Aug 25, 2009
He hee. Enjoyed the new 'swooning' Kathleen in this one, and the interview was actually really well worked I thought. (Didn't rely too much on the videogame-text adventure thing it started with.)

Ah ENN, you eat up my Wednesdays so frequently.

Virgil

#virgil { display:none; }
Legacy
Jun 13, 2002
Zenode said:
are they doing real news and putting a fake twist on it ala Saturday Night Live or just pure fake stories (of course i can tell the ones which are TRULY fake)
It is comedy based on real news.

DND Judgement

Sep 30, 2008
i've not had a good text adverture in a while... it was always fun trying to do strange things on them...

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Yaxley said:
I don't consider myself a hoarder, but I would totally hoard that Prinny plushie if I had one.
I actually have one of those. :D

Yes, I'm a human magpie, I admit it. And I would *totally* rock some Kojammies.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Haha, that is a very nice hat indeed. And I also rather enjoyed the explanation of how Yahtzee's book ties into his ZP work because "it does have punctuation and also some zeroes".