Escapist News Network: Quickbender Must Die

CK76

Sep 25, 2009
Staggering amount of content and funny this week. Made my day.

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
what was the quick flash of text... I missed it.

Anyway, segal is definitely NOT busy enough. I think he'd find a clue.

And proceed to be exploded by it.

chris11246

Jul 29, 2009
Plurralbles said:
what was the quick flash of text... I missed it.

Anyway, segal is definitely NOT busy enough. I think he'd find a clue.

And proceed to be exploded by it.
It said "real name"

I missed it at first too and thought they made the name up.

MaraJade03

Jan 14, 2010
Spankburg Jones is a Real Name?? What kind of people are that cruel to name someone that? o_O

The_Decoy

Nov 22, 2009
"Kind of makes a shape, sort of like a horse..." XD awesome instalment, keep it up!

Noxshadow

u mad?
Jan 12, 2010
Is that the dude from Despicable ME next to the DARPA logo?
Ah, Mark Saucemen returns.
So...did Yahtzee just sent his picture in?

CGAdam

Nov 20, 2009
Whoo-hoo! I'm dead! (Obituary picture featured next to bottom row, DEAD center.)

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
OMG! A Horse in the new Zelda game!?!? I need to go update my blog!

/sarcasm

Cute episode guys, I had lols...

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
The investigative team will be missed.

Wan't Under Siege set on a battleship, not an aircraft carrier? Or am I missing a joke?

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Steven Segal is not that busy... BECAUSE HE'S BEEN ARRESTED! Booooooommmmmm!

Okay... yeah...

So, did Ryan Quickbender survive? Or did those sinister ARG packages hit their mark.

smartmoose

Genre Wars Winner
Feb 17, 2009
I think you guy's missed an important clue. If you take the letters in the note "Quickbender must die", you will see that there are three e's. Thus we should expect the offical announcement to come at E3 this year.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Okay, good. Seems I wasn't the only one who thought one of those pictures might be Yahtzee. Either that makes me sane, or at least I'm not the only insane one. Yay!

Also, I love that "Mark Sauceman" was back again. Why? Because when I checked Amazon's deal of the day for video games today, I saw it was "Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force Collector's Edition Bundle" and immediately started laughing my ass off. Then I had to go back and watch that episode again, and I had forgotten that the character was called Mark Sauceman, which got even more laughs. And then there he is again. Way too awesome.

BlueInkAlchemist said:
Wan't Under Siege set on a battleship, not an aircraft carrier? Or am I missing a joke?
I believe it was indeed a battleship, but I can't see a joke in calling it an aircraft carrier instead. So either I'm missing a joke as well, or they picked the wrong giant naval vessel.

the_tramp

May 16, 2008
Eleima said:
Great episode!!! I loved the "P-p-p-pokerfacepalm", loved that you used a picture of the Corpse Bride (such a cute animation film), loved speechless Kathleen, loved the ENN Investigation Team (now there's a competent bunch, *chuckles*).
And... a horse in the next Zelda game?? Oh yeah, now *that's* news! ;)

miquelfire said:
the_tramp said:
Can anyone else here a bang at 1:04 or am I just going crazy?
It's hard to hear (I didn't know it was there at first), but it's there. Sounds like someone dropped a pen or something.
Nope, you're not crazy, I hear it too... I'm voting for the pen drop as well.
Heh, and who says listening to death metal causes you to go deaf - if anything it's improved my hearing!

Kiithid

Aug 12, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
So...

Investigators = Interns, basically?

They get coffee and shit.
Seems Yatzhee has been demoted to an angry intern (now apparently deceased as well). Unless my eye deceives me.

The most shocking news first, only on ENN.

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Kiithid said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
So...

Investigators = Interns, basically?

They get coffee and shit.
Seems Yatzhee has been demoted to an angry intern (now apparently deceased as well). Unless my eye deceives me.
That's not Yahtzee, they're all LRR fans we asked for submissions.

sln333

Jun 22, 2009
smartmoose said:
I think you guy's missed an important clue. If you take the letters in the note "Quickbender must die", you will see that there are three e's. Thus we should expect the offical announcement to come at E3 this year.
You deserve to be on the new crack investigative team! Just watch out for pipe bombs and drugs, err I mean clocks and horses.

Emberwolf

Mar 7, 2010
The customisable wife game section gave me a slightly harrowing flashback to a discussion a few of us had with the head of Games Design at my uni back in my first year. Enhanced sex slaves came up in that discussion too- and I think I also made a silent 'what the...'!

CSI has nothing on Sauceman!

(Also, I feel surprisingly alert for a dead investigative squad member ^^)