Escapist News Network: Special Edition

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
I think you may have had a small oversight on the text overlay. The one about the Nintendo robot "An oponent you can defeat at KOF" repeats at the begining of the Special Edition Box segment.

Sleepingzombie

Dec 7, 2009
I missed that Villi was finnish, where do they say that ?:)
. . . .they do not seem to be that proficient in the localised-naming-of-fake-dudes-in-skits departement-thingy. . . . :D

MattAn24

Pulse l'Cie
Jul 16, 2009
Veldt Falsetto said:
Someone at LRR really doesn't like FFXIII
Jer and Tally, as far as I know. And Kathleen. Matt LOVES it. And I'm siding with Matt. Screw the past FF games, XIII is brilliant even solely for the intense battle system.

Also, seeing Andy in yet another vid just made my night (Australia, folks!), Ryan Quickbender is such an awesome character to play too, nicely done Matt!

Also, was I the only one to notice the "A Friend You Can Actually Beat At KOF" tagline repeated before the Special Editions segment too?

XBOX story was also quite hilarious, especially after my friend recently lost his sixth or seventh 360 to Notworkingitis. Something with the HDMI input this time. Ended up selling all games, etc and buying PS3 equivalents, dusting that back off. Eh, I still don't have a PS3, and doubt I will until Backwards Compatibility is more available for my FFX, KH/KH2 and FFXII. PS1 FF games are just fine on my PSP. My 360 works quite awesomely as well!

Get well soon, Graham! Srsly.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
What the hell is Jer doing in Iceland.If he is here,then I want his autograph.RIGHT NOW!

OT:Great episode.Favorite one so far.
And who would buy a ROB for 4000 dollars.That's just stupid.

esteban138

Jun 24, 2009
I love Andrew struggling not to do his Pacino impression... that guy cannot have enough airtime as far as I'm concerned.

Hope you feel better soon, Graham. Thanks for soldiering on.

sunpop

Oct 23, 2008
Special Edition ENN I'll take 8!

Mostly for the pillow :p

Really tho great episode, Hope you get over the sinus infection soon Graham. It's just not the same without your normal voice, although it's nice to see you work through the sickness to deliver breaking news.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
z3rostr1fe said:
mortalsatsuma said:
Good episode, looks like Kathleen was more cautious this week with her choice of clothing
The reason: We all pointed it out last time... :p
Which is why we should have just kept our mouths shut.

Anticitizen_Two

Jan 18, 2010
Andy was great in LRR earlier this week and he was great in this one as well. You guys should use him a lot, he's a great actor.

"I'll be your ball boy any time, Kathleen." Made my day.
dubious_wolf said:
Poor Graham. First a cold now an infection in your sinuses‽
Excellent use of the interrobang. Truly the greatest punctuation mark ever.

raankh

Nov 28, 2007
No way ... the new Commodore has a windows key. No ... way .... This one goes with Darth Vader for me, this has never happened.

Idlemessiah

Zombie Steve Irwin
Feb 22, 2009
Two doses of Andrew in the space of a week, I like it :)
I also want one ENN special edition for each of the cast so that I can collect the pillows.
*is not creepy*

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
On the one hand...

On the other hand...

On the OTHER hand...

I think I laughed too hard at that.

pjm

Feb 12, 2009
When the third hand came up, they should of used the phrase "the gripping hand". If you don't know what it means there are a couple of books you should read.

T-Dogg

Nov 17, 2009
Really great episode guys.

And progress has been made on Finnish names since the olympic video, apparently! Now you actually got it half Finnish! (For those that don't know "Villi" = "wild"). Although "Villi" as a name is incredibly rare... And Ian is just not Finnish.

But who cares! Great episode regardless.