Escapist News Network: Stresstris

Moriarty70

Canucklehead
Dec 24, 2008
I have to say that "produce a new episode of ENN" has to be one of the strangest and obscure euphemisms for bringing another girl to bed onces in a while.

Although to be fair I tend to call it "A trip to Starbucks".

daftnoize

Aug 23, 2010
Still not sure if enn is actually going bi weekly or if its just a joke. Really actually no idea.

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
Lol, biweekly in the UK means twice a week... that would be 'fortnightly' over here ^_^

WarHamster40K

Dec 2, 2009
Anyone know if it's a permanent change, or if it's just a post-Desert Bus recovery?

Also, the bi-weekly comments at the end earn a thumbs-up. n_n b

asgardmothership

Jan 17, 2010
Wicky_42 said:
Lol, biweekly in the UK means twice a week... that would be 'fortnightly' over here ^_^
I was going to mention this myself, however what I will mention is why did it take to COMMENT 24 before anyone noticed bi-weekly means twice a week - also thats everywhere where people speak english, not just the UK.

MBE

Jul 1, 2009
BIWEEKLY?! Are you kidding me?! Here I thought that signing up for the Publisher's Club would bring ENN back. Does this mean I need to purchase a second subscription to bring ENN back to weekly?

I am so disappointed with the biweekly schedule. ENN and ZP are the high points of the week, with Escape to the Movies, The Big Picture, and Extra Credits as ancillary points of the week.

I'm a sad panda.

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
I missed ENN last week hoping it would be available. Good to know the show is still here. Now to get back on the Desert Bus.

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
I also go on the offensive when having to explain a missed appointment.

bojac6

Oct 15, 2009
NewYork_Comedian said:
MowDownJoe said:
I'm still a little sad that ENN is going bi-weekly, but whatever...

Good episode, though.
Same, then again, they have their work cut out for them right now with desert bus, so maybe when thats over it will be, err, uni-weekly?

I believe the word you're looking for is "hetero-weekly."

SantoUno

Aug 13, 2009
Another short ENN :(.

Still funny though, haven't seen Jeremy in so long!

Also, "You don't need 1,031 cars in your stupid game".

Priceless.

MowDownJoe

Apr 8, 2009
Tempest13 said:
Hey, Eternal Sonata wasn't that bad >_>
I believe they recently said that they enjoyed the game itself, but the cutscenes were just HORRIBLE. (Which is why it was their first Unskippable.)

deaden07

Nov 3, 2010
Even though I have no idea how much work goes into this site(Thank You)....

BOOOO!!!! Everything going bi-weekly sucks. I'll adapt by only coming to this site every other Monday. Previously I visited your site daily. I'm only one user so that should not have any affect on advertising revenues.

Dooly95

Jun 13, 2009
biweekly (not comparable)

1. Occurring once every two weeks.
2. (chiefly British) Occurring twice a week (but see the Usage notes).

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/bi-weekly

Confusingly, I am under the belief that Canada goes by British English. Perhaps I am wrong on this count. In any case, if it is the two weeks to take a break for Desert Bus, then why not just say they're taking a week break? This confuses me greatly.

Also, cars are nice, how many tracks? It's all good and well having a 1000+ cars but only 4 tracks [sic] to race them on is not a success formula.

Not that it really matters, I don't like GT anyway. :)

Tetris, on the other hand, is like CRACK.

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
Dooly95 said:
Confusingly, I am under the belief that Canada goes by British English.
Business-related terms are often borrowed across the border. Canadians also measure their weight in pounds and height in feet, but most other things in grams and meters.

ZodiacBraves

Jun 26, 2008
asgardmothership said:
Wicky_42 said:
I was going to mention this myself, however what I will mention is why did it take to COMMENT 24 before anyone noticed bi-weekly means twice a week - also thats everywhere where people speak english, not just the UK.
I want to point out that in the U.S. we use the term bi-weekly to mean once every two weeks. I wasn't aware there was a difference in other countries, but I agree that fortnightly would be less confusing.

APSunder

Filmmaker
May 25, 2010
Biweekly refers to once every two weeks in Escapist terms. Doomsday Arcade used the term, Doraleous and Associates used the term, and also, Graham said "You're biweekly...so that means *every two weeks* you..."