Escapist News Network: Stresstris

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
asgardmothership said:
Wicky_42 said:
Lol, biweekly in the UK means twice a week... that would be 'fortnightly' over here ^_^
I was going to mention this myself, however what I will mention is why did it take to COMMENT 24 before anyone noticed bi-weekly means twice a week - also thats everywhere where people speak english, not just the UK.
To be fair, I think I was ninja'd - I just wasn't going to give them the satisfaction of the notification with an edit ;)

asgardmothership

Jan 17, 2010
Wicky_42 said:
asgardmothership said:
Wicky_42 said:
Lol, biweekly in the UK means twice a week... that would be 'fortnightly' over here ^_^
I was going to mention this myself, however what I will mention is why did it take to COMMENT 24 before anyone noticed bi-weekly means twice a week - also thats everywhere where people speak english, not just the UK.
To be fair, I think I was ninja'd - I just wasn't going to give them the satisfaction of the notification with an edit ;)
Quite right, quite right good man.

aarontg

Aug 10, 2009
Wow.......I didn't watch last weeks episode. Alright alright I'll keep up to date just stop scareing me.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Perhaps I missed it, but why are things going bi-weekly?

Is the Loading, Ready, Run crew overextended, or is Themis Media/The Escapist running into trouble and having trouble funding features or something? Or is it just general burn out from various people doing this kind of thing for so long?

Tempest13

Aug 23, 2010
MowDownJoe said:
Tempest13 said:
Hey, Eternal Sonata wasn't that bad >_>
I believe they recently said that they enjoyed the game itself, but the cutscenes were just HORRIBLE. (Which is why it was their first Unskippable.)
Oh yeah, I can't deny that...

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
ENN IS NOW FORTNIGHTLY!!

(We discussed the bi-weekly issue during Desert Bus, it's just the UK that has this confusion)

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Okay, a thousand-plus cars and going bi... weekly aside- did anyone else start twitching during that clip of Tetris?

"line piece, line piece, COME ON LINE PIECE, WHERE THE F*** ARE YOU LINE PIECE"

Chasmodius

Rogue Commentator
Jan 13, 2010
I want that Tetris blanket. I must make myself a Tetris blanket! Also, I liked how the last frame of the Tetris footage actually showed the player getting a long piece in the "up next" box. I-piece? Isn't that what it's called? I think I always called them the "eye," "ell," "backwards ell," "ess," "zee," "square," and "triceratops" pieces. Don't ask me why "triceratops" and not "tee," I was eight.

I was under the impression that adding "bi" to the beginning of a time-frame word could mean EITHER twice in that time or once each two times. For example, "biannually" can mean either twice every year or once every two years. Stupid English language. I love it, but it has some serious issues. Like white padded room issues!

Kyogissun

Notably Neutral
Jan 12, 2010
Okay, that burn on Eternal Sonata? Totally uncalled for. You've made fun of it so many times...

LEAVE TRI-CRESCENDO ALONE! LEAVE THEM ALOOOOOOOONE! I'M SERIOUS! T_T

Back on topic (and more serious) I gotta be honest that... This episode was kinda weak. Here's hopes that while ENN may go bi-weekly, you'll just record segments throughout those two weeks and compile them into one episode.

Last but not least, thanks for the sort of 'fuck you' to Polyphany over bullshit like the 1000+ cars and Bizarre Creations being just sort of brushed off and ignored. Blur was a fucking great game and knowing it was a 'financial' failure really pisses me the fuck off.

niceguy191

Mar 11, 2010
Wait, so does that mean the Biathlon isn't what I think it is? Dang and here I was thinking I was just missing the fun parts on TV... :D

A_who

Sep 17, 2010
Actually there is 1032 cars in the game there is a special unlock for the Ultimate Muscle Roller Legend but its really hard to get.

MasterChief892039

Jun 28, 2010
I thought bi-weekly meant twice a week, and bi-monthly meant twice a month (every two weeks)?

Edit: I guess I should read the comments before I post my own, everyone's already brought up the bi-weekly thing. Also I'm in Canada, not the UK.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009

Sheinen

Apr 22, 2009
Erm...1031?! Granted I haven't played a Gran Turismo since...well since 2, but even then the sheer number of shit car's was overwhelming! Who wants to drive a Fiat Panda through Laguna Seca?