Escapist News Network: Stresstris

MowDownJoe

Apr 8, 2009
mjc0961 said:
MowDownJoe said:
Tempest13 said:
Hey, Eternal Sonata wasn't that bad >_>
I believe they recently said that they enjoyed the game itself, but the cutscenes were just HORRIBLE. (Which is why it was their first Unskippable.)
Their first Unskippable was Lost Planet.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/unskippable/394-First-Place-Unskippable-01-Lost-Planet

See? "Unskippable 01 - Lost Planet" and then "Next: Eternal Sonata >>" at the bottom.
Technically, Lost Planet was what they submitted to the film fest, essentially Episode 0. Eternal Sonata was episode 1. So, yeah, they did Lost Planet first, but the first one they were paid for was Eternal Sonata.

Vorocano

Jan 8, 2009
Canada is weird when it comes to expressions and spellings. Some things we kept from the British (we pronounce it "Leftenant" rather than "Lootenant") but a lot of our day-to-day expressions and idioms are American, and it's kind of a crapshoot sometimes which culture we draw from.

Not sure where the confusion over bi-weekly is coming from though. "Bi" means "two," not "half." Bisexual, bifocal, binary, bicycle, binocular, etc. "Semi-weekly" would mean twice a week.

pretzil

Jan 30, 2010
Sorry if it has already been pointed out, but Graham stuffed up.

So you're bi weekly?, he should have said "So that means once a week", instead of "So that means every two weeks"

What Graham thought would've been bi biweekly.

AdmiralMemo

LoadingReadyRunner
Legacy
Dec 15, 2008
Graham_LRR said:
ENN IS NOW FORTNIGHTLY!!
I'm kind of upset about this change, but I will be much less upset if we can get a reason for why this change was implemented.

AdmiralMemo

LoadingReadyRunner
Legacy
Dec 15, 2008
Chasmodius said:
I want that Tetris blanket. I must make myself a Tetris blanket!
That blanket was sold during Desert Bus 4. I think it went for $1100 or something around that.

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
"Where were you? We looked everywhere for you..." BEST OPENING EVER! Great episode! I can imagine with everything else ya'll do, it's hard getting an ENN up every week. Biweekly is fine with me!

Sam Eskenazi

Dec 26, 2008
I'm not sure if the bi-weekly thing was a joke, because bi-weekly means twice every week. If you mean once every two weeks, then need to say Fortnightly or Bi-Monthly.

Ruptuk

Nov 6, 2010
I understand the reasons. I know how much work it takes to create a show like this too when my boyfriend is writing his shows(Including Press to Continue :)). However, out of all the shows LRR make this is the best. Wouldn't it be best to cut one of the others, esp since a simillar show to the 'LRR' show won the film festival. Especially working in the games industry I appreciate the humour in this show, you really have no idea how close some of the stories are to the truth.

2 week old game news isn't great tbh.

Unoriginal069

Jan 7, 2010
After Kathleens rant about encouraging us to watch these insipid adds to get in revenue so that web-content creators can continue doing what they do...

.....I find the move to bi-weekly content rather......contradictory.

Hope they're kidding.

Pariah164

May 9, 2008
Can we please get a reason for the shift to bi-weekly? It kind of... scratch that, it really sucks.

Naturality

Feb 23, 2010
I'm dislike the bi-weekly change, but I can live with it. With things like Daily Drop and their own comedy shorts, the LRR team has their work cut out for them. I kinda hope we see a bit more variety in their posts now, though. I was getting a bit (only a little, weeny bit) tired of: 'ENN, Unskippable, ENN, Unskippable, ENN, Unskippable, ENN, *SINGLE RANDOM BONUS VIDEO*, Unskippable'.

Thanks for all the hard work during Desert Bus, LRR!

Ruptuk

Nov 6, 2010
This was posted last week on their site -

Just a quick update to let you all know that ENN will be going bi-weekly for the foreseeable future. The plan at this point is to skip this week [today] and have the the first bi-weekly episode up next week. We and the Escapist both love ENN, and we?re hoping the longer timeframe will give Graham, Paul, Kathleen and myself the opportunity to do even better things with the series going forward.

http://loadingreadyrun.com/

Ruptuk

Nov 6, 2010
Although the Tetris story has been exaggerated for comedy value, it has been used to psychological testing and has been studied using HCI (Human Computer Interaction) techniques. If I remember rightly, there?s a book written about it.

For example -
http://www3.wlv.ac.uk/ijigs/Vol5/Num1/Abstracts.aspx

devos

Aug 5, 2010
dont they mean bi-monthly as in twice a month
bi-weekly means twice a week

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Right...because Bi-weekly doesn't mean twice a week, by proper use of language constructs...Instead, we use agricultural terms, where bi-[time period] means it happens once per two of said time period. Because that clearly makes more sense.