Escapist News Network: The Next Rock Band

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
$0.39 a pound!? Where can I get these bananas!?

Also, I can't wait to play as Bill Cosby in Jingles Rock Band. It'll give me an opportunity to perfect my Cosby voice.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
It took me exactly three seconds to get the "Imperial Hot" joke. Then I almost choked on my lasagna.

I suppose I'll have to add this to the list of "videos I can't eat food during the viewing of". Then I'll have to fix that terrible grammar the name of the list has.

Until then, I'll dream of rocking out to the Slinky jingle and eating a cheap banana.

CopperKat

Sep 30, 2009
This doesn't have enough comments, so I had to make an account. To bestow upon you a well thought out and pertinent suggestion:

MOAR. LIKE. THIS.

Mullahgrrl

Apr 20, 2008
I've heard that Japan has a surprisingly large Metal Culture.
Maiden played there for crissakes.

And why does he get two shows? Stop dilluting the humor!

Poketom

Apr 14, 2009
I found it hilarious how many people took the RB:J thing seriously Sean even had to post on his twitter that it was to clear things up.

mykalwane

Oct 18, 2008
I think this is a nice experiment, but the talking for extra time is more entertaining then the content between them. So far not entertaining since going with things that no is caring about we get to hear again. Sure it does the same thing as news on TV with video games, but it is still boring. Need to really do more, having things like the Rock Band Jingles was nice, though it has about the same worth as the SNL update. If they could do more then that it be worth watching. So far it has proved it can't.

Gmano

Apr 3, 2009
Why would they need to charge for a jingles rockband? Would the amount of advertising money be insanely high?

zoozilla

Dec 3, 2007
Hope to see this continue for a long time.

A lot of gaming news is pretty ludicrous when you think about it.

Which is why I guess most people don't think about it.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Dear Germany,

The Nazis existed. They still exist. They're your fault. Suck it up and take responsibility.

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
This was very good. And better than last week.

I wish my local news program was anywhere as bootylicious or resplendent as ENN. Good work!

tonyfan20

Mar 17, 2009
Today I was in the grocery store and I saw 39 cent bananas (8 people died)

This show is awesome! LOVE ENN

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
It's a good thing Jingles Rock Band is just a joke, or I would have to kill somebody. May you never be 'blessed' with relatives who think singing commercial jingles is funny - I can only imagine how much worse it would be if such a game came to fruition..

*Shudder*

No-one important

Aug 6, 2009
The style of humour isn't exactly unique, but this is the first time I've seen it applied exclusively to this subject matter. I do like the professionalism and quality, though I wouldn't expect anything less from LRR.
Diagonal Horizontality said:
Also, just to point out, there is now an [a href="http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Escapist-News-Network-Fanclub"]ENN fanclub[/a].
Was that a shameless self plug I just spotted?

Tantalus3D

Nov 5, 2008
I normally don't get the jokes about germany. I didn't get last weeks ODST joke and I didn't get the Doomsday Arcarde Joke "Nein, Schnitzel!". I think it's because I'm german and don't really know the preconception you americans have about us. But this time I really laughed about the wolfenstein joke. I hate our government for what they are doing with games. Forbidding every swastika doesn't serve anybody but I don't really care about that. What makes me really angry is that they want to completely forbid all shooters. Not only the distribution but also the creation of them. Bye, bye, Crytech, see you in another land. It's such a shame...

The Great JT said:
Dear Germany,

The Nazis existed. They still exist. They're your fault. Suck it up and take responsibility.
Well, that's a really stupid statement. Germany is still paying compensation for the war and is so afraid of beeing viewed as the evil Nazis that the government rather forbids anything that could cast a damning light on us.
I'm at the age of 30 and I didn't live during the war. Do you really think I'm responsible for what happend back then? Or any one of the millions of other people who were born after the war? It's like if I'd say you killed all those american indians, go take responsibility for that. Jeah, we still have some Nazis but so has America, hasn't it?

That's why I don't like WWII games. They show a picture of germany that's long gone but many people believe it's still real.