Escapist News Now: Game of Thrones From Telltale

Someonetookmyname

Jul 13, 2010
I look forward to this. I have a hard time remembering any BAD games from telltale per se, and if they go about this the same way they did with The Walking Dead, it will be awesome. I mean I hope they make new characters, it could be interesting seeing the battles and all that from the side of the small folk, of course with some cameos. I just fear that if they stick stricktly to the story they have, it will transmit badly.
They did so good things with The Walking Dead, I am sure this will go just as well

Metalix Knightmare

Sep 27, 2007
This game can be game of the year through just ONE thing. A Joffery Slapping minigame.

Just give me the chance to do this for a while.
It's all I ask.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
Telltale's style of game-making doesn't really seem like it'd fit Game of Thrones though

Azkar Almsivi

Sep 3, 2012
Metalix Knightmare said:
This game can be game of the year through just ONE thing. A Joffery Slapping minigame.

It's all I ask.
They should hire you to direct that game. Best AAA title 2014.

On topic, I'll be interested in it, because I might be able to kill off the little Stark girl who is beyond twisted who everyone loves for some forsaken reason.

Litwin

Sep 5, 2012
I really hope George R.R. Martin won't get involved in this so we can get next books.

Metalix Knightmare said:

It's all I ask.
Try Borderlands 2 Tiny Tina's DLC, and you will be able to slap him as long as you want;)

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
I'm beginning to think that ASoIAF is cursed as far as video games go. I mean, if anyone can do it, TellTale can... But on the other hand, this inevitable reliance on side-stories that don't actually play off the main threads, in which the only appearances of major characters are likely to be neon-lit fanservice cameos- it's hard to feel any real sense of urgency, and even less so in a world whose defining feature is killing off characters (like yours) with a willful glee.

And at this point, I'm somewhat inclined to say that Martin had better not be involved- he's got enough projects on his plate keeping him from finishing the next book.

Joel Bridge

Feb 26, 2012
Callate said:
I'm beginning to think that ASoIAF is cursed as far as video games go. I mean, if anyone can do it, TellTale can... But on the other hand, this inevitable reliance on side-stories that don't actually play off the main threads, in which the only appearances of major characters are likely to be neon-lit fanservice cameos- it's hard to feel any real sense of urgency, and even less so in a world whose defining feature is killing off characters (like yours) with a willful glee.

And at this point, I'm somewhat inclined to say that Martin had better not be involved- he's got enough projects on his plate keeping him from finishing the next book.
If read book as you know that world huge, even bigger then Walking Dead, So can have complexity different story set any where from thirty to two hundred years back, sand Dorne to North of Wall, to canals of Bravos Selldsword company Slaver Bay just to name few. Hell they could make up there own Lordship/land or use one on the map. Plus big events like I don't know BlackFryre Rebellion, the Dance of Dragons,Great Summer Sickness, or goddamn Aegon Conquest!

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Joel Bridge said:
Callate said:

If read book as you know that world huge, even bigger then Walking Dead, So can have complexity different story set any where from thirty to two hundred years back, sand Dorne to North of Wall, to canals of Bravos Selldsword company Slaver Bay just to name few. Hell they could make up there own Lordship/land or use one on the map. Plus big events like I don't know BlackFryre Rebellion, the Dance of Dragons,Great Summer Sickness, or goddamn Aegon Conquest!
Have read the series; the earlier games all relied on pre-history or sidestories to the main series, and all failed. The RPG in particular got knocked by critics for the lack of interest generated by its characters.

Perhaps TellTale will break the trend, but with so many parties carefully guarding the series right now, the likelihood of characters with a meaningful impact on the familiar storylines grows very slim. The possibility of shaking up the "canon" is not one that is likely to be embraced.

Ghadente

White Rabbit
Mar 21, 2009
They did a great job with Walking Dead. Have no reason to doubt this won't be good. I will be keeping an eye on this one, fo sho.