Escapist News Now: Mega Evolution in Pokemon X and Y

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
So if you need this item to mega evolve your pokemon, and they can only evolve in battle, does this mean that the mega evolution is only a temporary effect and your pokemon reverts back to it's previous stage after evolution. If so then does that mean that pokemon just introduced the rpg equivalent of hyper-mode like in a fighting game or trance/limit breaks?

Ratties

May 8, 2013
WolfLordAndy said:
So... now they're copying digimon? Looks like Full circle has been reached.
Not really. I remember Pokemon coming out way before Digimon. Now with that way of thinking, you could say that Digimon copied Pokemon when it came to evolving the monsters. Of course Digimon has had several cases of monsters banding together, in the same way you would have to fight the Elite Four in Pokemon. Kind of want to copy the Mega Evo thing, so what. It's more than obvious that Digimon has copied several aspects from Pokemon. I will admit, The Digimon anime is way better. Not when it comes to the actual games, Pokemon is way better there. Got to say that I think the whole Mega evo thing is kind of retarded, I hope it's only temporary.

WolfLordAndy

Sep 19, 2008
Ratties said:
WolfLordAndy said:
So... now they're copying digimon? Looks like Full circle has been reached.
Not really. I remember Pokemon coming out way before Digimon. Now with that way of thinking, you could say that Digimon copied Pokemon when it came to evolving the monsters. Of course Digimon has had several cases of monsters banding together, in the same way you would have to fight the Elite Four in Pokemon. Kind of want to copy the Mega Evo thing, so what. It's more than obvious that Digimon has copied several aspects from Pokemon. I will admit, The Digimon anime is way better. Not when it comes to the actual games, Pokemon is way better there. Got to say that I think the whole Mega evo thing is kind of retarded, I hope it's only temporary.
Thats what I mean by full circle, Digimon was indeed a copy of pokemon to start with, but now that they're having reversible battle-only evolution? That was very much Digimon's territory.

I mean, I love the idea of Mewtwo going Super-Sayen, it certainly adds value to these select pokemon that they have this ability exclusively to them and makes the legendary mean anything in a poke-world that has more legendaries then you know what to do with.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
twaddle said:
So if you need this item to mega evolve your pokemon, and they can only evolve in battle, does this mean that the mega evolution is only a temporary effect and your pokemon reverts back to it's previous stage after evolution. If so then does that mean that pokemon just introduced the rpg equivalent of hyper-mode like in a fighting game or trance/limit breaks?
Well... yes. That is exactly what this is