Escapist News Wrap: No Sex, No Bacon, and No Minecraft on Windows 8

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
No Sex, No Bacon, and No Minecraft on Windows 8

This week, it's our solemn duty to report on a bacon shortage next year. There's also news on the Mass Effect front, Obsidian Entertainment's Project Eternity Kickstarter reaches $2 millions and Notch won't support Minecraft on Windows 8.

Watch Video

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Thanks Greg! I heard about this Bacon disaster on the way to work this week and on the way back I bought three packs and sold them.

I will survive this. The bacon stockpiling has begun.

Oh and Windows 8 won't have Minecraft? Yet another reason why I'm not going to touch that OS with a fifty foot pole. From my car. Before driving back to Windows 7.

[sub][sub]I will keep an eye out for this video series henceforth.[/sub][/sub]

UberNoodle

Apr 6, 2010
The existence of Omega dialogue does NOT mean that the DLC is content which cut from the game. It means that -- shock -- that story arc has been known for some time, and in development and voice recording some content in regard to it was made. NOW the story arc is being realised proper. FFS.

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
Noticias envoltura se traduce al español?

Alternately...

Nouvelles pellicule se traduit en français?

Alternately, alternateley...

Nachrichten Wrap wird auf Deutsch übersetzt?

Little Duck

Diving Space Muffin
Oct 22, 2009
Well. There goes my bacon/minecraft/sex shop idea.

I'm not sure I like where we're heading computer culturally, with a lot more restrictive content you need to pay another company (albeit indirectly) in order to have the privillage of using it. I know it's better than the atari 2600 era problems, but we also have much better companies for software than we had then.

Mr F.

Jul 11, 2012
You know...

From the sounds of it Windows 8 is going to be one hell of a ***** to run Pirate games. If that is the case this will be rammed down every single one of our throats.

theblackmonk90

Sep 28, 2010
As this is a news show I feel the need to correct a glaring factual error. Minecraft already runs on Windows 8. The 'controversy' if you can call it that... Is the Windows 8 store certification. Minor misreporting but in a news show the facts do matter. At least in the UK they do... We don't have a fox news after all.

turrel1981

Aug 15, 2012
theblackmonk90 said:
As this is a news show I feel the need to correct a glaring factual error. Minecraft already runs on Windows 8. The 'controversy' if you can call it that... Is the Windows 8 store certification. Minor misreporting but in a news show the facts do matter. At least in the UK they do... We don't have a fox news after all.
You can watch it on sky tv.

theblackmonk90

Sep 28, 2010
turrel1981 said:
theblackmonk90 said:
Thank God I don't have sky!

turrel1981

Aug 15, 2012
theblackmonk90 said:
turrel1981 said:
theblackmonk90 said:
Thank God I don't have sky!
Jealous? if you did you would find it hilarious, better than any stand up comedy show.