escapist pets?

perabalaofmystery

Apr 25, 2011
so fellow escapists i just acquired some chinchillas which made me wonder. What pets do you have? i have a cat named lo mein (lomi) and now 2 chinchillas named lunch and gummi.

LarenzoAOG

Apr 28, 2010
Two dogs, a Shi-tzu named Zeus and a Puggle named Ares.

I've also had 2 mice, 2 rats, and 2 hamsters.

Quaidis

Jun 1, 2008
We have multiple 'what pets do you own?' threads out there. A dime a dozen.

But anyway:

I have four cats (soon to be three, what with the fourth having kidney failure), one dog, and four geckos. The dog recently got back from the vet with some bone growth in both elbows that's likely genetic. He's eight years old, so I'm not surprised by finding weird things to throw medication at.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
A cat and a chinchilla named "lunch"?

Kind of ironic, don't you think?

Anyway, I have two black labs, one named Sparky, the other namer Riley.

I also have 7 stray kittens under my back porch (I named all of them fluffy) and then I have my two house-bred cats named Tuxedo and Scrat.

sage42

Elite Member
Mar 20, 2009
Three cats named Smokey, Sammy, and Sugar, a Dog names Sara, and two fish named Ella and Nemo.

Episode42

Nov 28, 2010
perabalaofmystery said:
so fellow escapists i just acquired some chinchillas which made me wonder. What pets do you have? i have a cat named lo mein (lomi) and now 2 chinchillas named lunch and gummi.
Yaay, another excuse to post photos of my beautifully cuddly kitty Ta-Kun

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Episode42 said:
perabalaofmystery said:

That's one well groomed kitteh from the looks of the pictures. Love, animal expertise or both? Either way, awesome pics :)

OT: Nothing atm sadly, in too small a flat for a pet (60 square meters). Used to have a dog and a cat (not at the same time) in our old flat (110/120 square meters, they had a lot more room there), kinda miss not having an animal around anymore, hoping to get one someday, but I know it's not likely to be any time soon :(

perabalaofmystery

Apr 25, 2011
neonsword13-ops said:
A cat and a chinchilla named "lunch"?

Kind of ironic, don't you think?

Anyway, I have two black labs, one named Sparky, the other namer Riley.

I also have 7 stray kittens under my back porch (I named all of them fluffy) and then I have my two house-bred cats named Tuxedo and Scrat.
thats kinda why i named her that. it amused me.
though i doubt she'll end up being lunch my cat and her play with each other through the cage bars

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
perabalaofmystery said:
I have a dog (bordercollie cross staffie), he's too smart for his own good :p
Ill post a photo when I get home

perabalaofmystery

Apr 25, 2011
Episode42 said:
perabalaofmystery said:

my grandmother had a cat similar to that.
you cat is very pretty. i havent had a long furred cat in a while theyre fur get every where my cats a orange tabby the size of a horse.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Got a Ragdoll, bred to be as cute as possible.
Don't have a picture of her on the computer, but this cat looks a lot like her.

:3

Episode42

Nov 28, 2010
Vrach said:
Episode42 said:
That's one well groomed kitteh from the looks of the pictures. Love, animal expertise or both? Either way, awesome pics :)

OT: Nothing atm sadly, in too small a flat for a pet (60 square meters). Used to have a dog and a cat (not at the same time) in our old flat (110/120 square meters, they had a lot more room there), kinda miss not having an animal around anymore, hoping to get one someday, but I know it's not likely to be any time soon :(
No, he manages it all himself. Although he doesn't really have the hectic schedule of other cats. So he's got plenty of time to indulge, as it were.

It's sad you haven't got any pets now, having a pet in the house always makes the place feel more alive or a bit more organic.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Episode42 said:
No, he manages it all himself. Although he doesn't really have the hectic schedule of other cats. So he's got plenty of time to indulge, as it were.

It's sad you haven't got any pets now, having a pet in the house always makes the place feel more alive or a bit more organic.
Impressive, he reminds me of my friend's cat, but she's works with animals (used to do it for a living), so I figured you shared the same skills :p

And I know, it sucks arse. But aside from knowing my mom would get really pissed at having an animal in the house again (she loved both the dog and the cat, but they were my brother's pets and she always ended up taking care of them; that plus neither of them was sterilized and I'm sure you're aware of the effects of that, particularly with the cat), I know the animals themselves, particularly the cat which I'd prefer to have, would feel way too trapped in an apartment this small.

revjor

Sep 30, 2011
RicoADF said:
perabalaofmystery said:
I have a dog (bordercollie cross staffie), he's too smart for his own good :p
Ill post a photo when I get home
border/staffordshire bull? that sounds like a serious bundle of constant energy

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I said goodbye to my dog in September. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.312228-Farewell-A-thread-about-pet-deaths-and-the-celebration-of-life#12639989]

I likely won't have another pet for some time.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
7 cats and 2 rats: Donnie, Miko, Sheldon, Loki, Mort, Friggen, Timmy, Axel and Croix.

It's a handful taking care of all the cats since they don't all get along. I only adopted 2, the rest just fell into my lap and I couldn't turn them away.

Rancid0ffspring

Aug 23, 2009
perabalaofmystery said:
Generic search bar comment!

I did this a while back.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.299522-Pets#11903269