Escapist Podcast: 055: Spy Games & Your "One" Game

Scyla

Jul 26, 2010
itchcrotch said:
Susan Arendt said:
itchcrotch said:
Susan Arendt said:
itchcrotch said:
Just occured to me - Susan, nothing but love and respect for you, but i was just wondering: is there anything that isn't "aMAAAAAAZING!!" to you?

also... i LOVE clavicals! me! right here! clavicals are my thing! i dunno if you could call it a fetish in that... i like ALL of a woman's body, but i absolutely see the attraction! and my theory behind common attractions to specific body parts is not so much the parts of body needed for reprduction (cuz let's face it, those are just the genitals) but the parts of the body that blatently seperate the sexes. i can only speak for men here, but breasts onviously, are one of the most obvious seperating features, and every man loves breasts. bums, i think it aludes to the wider hips of a woman. and clavicals? well for me it's because they're sort of the pinical of the entire declotage, shoulder neck area, which i think is important in recognising the smaller shoulders of a woman. i dunno. humans have a keen sense of vision and visual processing in the brain, so we can see the difference between the sexes in ANY part of the body by now, but that's my two cents on the matter.
I don't really understand the question. There are plenty of things I don't like, as is pretty obvious if you listen to the podcasts regularly. If you simply mean I use the word too much, oh, well. I like it. I also refuse to use "awesome" ad nauseum, as others are wont to do.
nar nar, i just meant i hear you say it every podcast. it's kinda funny is all.
a friend and i were disgussing the other day how nothing is ever "fairly decent" or "pretty cool" anymore. if it's worth knowing about, it's INCREDIBLE!! or AMAZING!! or as you say: AWESOME!!
not that there's anything wrong with it, we were just musing on it;D
I disagree with the assertion that my evaluation of things lacks nuance. I bring up things I'm passionate about and speak about them with enthusiasm. I don't simply vary between two polar extremes and I think it's utterly unfair to suggest I do.
apologies, i've offended you. i wasn't trying to accuse you of that. i'll... yeah, i'll go away now...
I noticed this also but in my opinion it's (omg she mention what she wants to be called I guess it was...) Ms. Arendts way to express her approval of something.

So in my case I'm the complete opposite. You could talk to me about my favorite game of all time and I would say: well... *sniff* yeah it's good.

You could get the impression that I'm not interested in anything but that is not true. Just keep in mind that it's hard to judge someones character from 1.5 hours of podcast a week.

But you have to admit that the Internet really forcing bipolar opinions especially with the like button from facebook. Either your like it or you don't there is no middle ground.

Happy posting!

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Scyla said:
itchcrotch said:
Susan Arendt said:
itchcrotch said:
Susan Arendt said:
itchcrotch said:
Just occured to me - Susan, nothing but love and respect for you, but i was just wondering: is there anything that isn't "aMAAAAAAZING!!" to you?

also... i LOVE clavicals! me! right here! clavicals are my thing! i dunno if you could call it a fetish in that... i like ALL of a woman's body, but i absolutely see the attraction! and my theory behind common attractions to specific body parts is not so much the parts of body needed for reprduction (cuz let's face it, those are just the genitals) but the parts of the body that blatently seperate the sexes. i can only speak for men here, but breasts onviously, are one of the most obvious seperating features, and every man loves breasts. bums, i think it aludes to the wider hips of a woman. and clavicals? well for me it's because they're sort of the pinical of the entire declotage, shoulder neck area, which i think is important in recognising the smaller shoulders of a woman. i dunno. humans have a keen sense of vision and visual processing in the brain, so we can see the difference between the sexes in ANY part of the body by now, but that's my two cents on the matter.
I don't really understand the question. There are plenty of things I don't like, as is pretty obvious if you listen to the podcasts regularly. If you simply mean I use the word too much, oh, well. I like it. I also refuse to use "awesome" ad nauseum, as others are wont to do.
a friend and i were disgussing the other day how nothing is ever "fairly decent" or "pretty cool" anymore. if it's worth knowing about, it's INCREDIBLE!! or AMAZING!! or as you say: AWESOME!!
I disagree with the assertion that my evaluation of things lacks nuance. I bring up things I'm passionate about and speak about them with enthusiasm. I don't simply vary between two polar extremes and I think it's utterly unfair to suggest I do.
apologies, i've offended you. i wasn't trying to accuse you of that. i'll... yeah, i'll go away now...
I noticed this also but in my opinion it's (omg she mention what she wants to be called I guess it was...) Ms. Arendts way to express her approval of something.
You can always just go with "Susan", you know. :)

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Louis Martin said:
What was the break music used this episode?
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/miracle-of-sound/6088-Hengsha-Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution

thewanderer41

Jun 20, 2012
Susan Arendt said:
Scyla said:
itchcrotch said:
Susan Arendt said:
itchcrotch said:
Susan Arendt said:
itchcrotch said:

snip
You can always just go with "Susan", you know. :)
It's just a simple case of confirmation bias. S/he only notices when you say something is awesome so it forms a pattern, but when you compare it to the amount of things you don't say are awesome, it's about even. You might also be one of the lucky few who are happy with the world.

The last comment also reminds me of how I would always refer to some of my seniors (academically, professionally, and socially) by mister/missus or doctor even though they said their first name was fine too as a sign of my endearing respect for him or her. It's only my peers and those younger than me that I refer to by only first name. But hey, maybe it's the whole Asian formality thing. Anyways, glad you're back in the podcat this week Susan.

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
Yeah, I don't like the Olympics either. They were fun the first couple of times I watched it then it got boring. I don't know why. Probably because it's just people who are really good at something, such as exercising, and they get rewarded for it.
Okay, can we make pro-gaming thing now? Officially?

And my game I'm pretty good at would be Gotham City Impostors. I'm a RPG lover. I love me some Dragon Age, Final Fantasy, etc. After that, I love platformers. FPS are not exactly my thing. But I don't know what it is about GCI. It's just awesome! I mean, I'm not perfect at it. But I usually end up between 1st to 3rd place.
A couple of years back, I used to be really good at FF8. I know that's not a thing. But I was able to understand how the combat worked, I leveled up everything, I got every item, every weapon, every sidequest, I knew what the game was gonna do before it even did it...I was just good! Sadly, I doubt I'm gonna do that again. I have a job now...

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Beautiful End said:
Yeah, I don't like the Olympics either. They were fun the first couple of times I watched it then it got boring. I don't know why. Probably because it's just people who are really good at something, such as exercising, and they get rewarded for it.

And my game I'm pretty good at would be Gotham City Impostors. I'm a RPG lover. I love me some Dragon Age, Final Fantasy, etc. After that, I love platformers. FPS are not exactly my thing. But I don't know what it is about GCI. It's just awesome! I mean, I'm not perfect at it. But I usually end up between 1st to 3rd place.
A couple of years back, I used to be really good at FF8. I know that's not a thing. But I was able to understand how the combat worked, I leveled up everything, I got every item, every weapon, every sidequest, I knew what the game was gonna do before it even did it...I was just good! Sadly, I doubt I'm gonna do that again. I have a job now...
And people shouldn't be applauded for being one of the best in the world at something?

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
So what is the ratio of video game talk to everything else on this episode?

Don't get me wrong, this is a fun episode, but what the hell?

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
Susan Arendt said:
Beautiful End said:

And people shouldn't be applauded for being one of the best in the world at something?
Oh, yeah, they should! I mean, I can't even do a freakin' pull-up. That takes some merit. So that's cool for them. I'm just saying it just doesn't interest me at all anymore. Doesn't mean the olympics shouldn't exist or something. Every now and then when I find myself flipping through channels, I might watch the Olympics for a couple of minutes but that's about it.
I guess I'm just the kind of person who prefers to either watch that kind of stuff live or do it myself...if I could.

And that's why I'd like to see some videogame olympics. THAT I would be interested in watching. All day. Errday. But that's just me.

Fuloqwam

Jul 29, 2009
Waitaminnit... I was really looking forward to an update on Mike's situation with his upstairs neighbors. How did he survive Slenderman? Why do you guys only talk about it when Susan's away?