Escapist Podcast: 061: Escapist Podcast Live!

DrRockor

Jun 24, 2008
it was slightly surreal listening to susan fawn over the pet pictures when you have no idea that the pictures look like

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
For those of you wondering. This is Mike's Skyrim helmet made of 3/4 Magic 2013 hats at registration on Sunday!

Woo I got mentioned! I did indeed come from Scotland :)

purifico

Oct 29, 2009
I'm with Tito on this one - Temple of Doom wasn't a bad movie.. I enjoyed it a lot as a kid, I enjoy it now, though it's not my favourite of the trilogy. That would be the Last Crusade.

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
1) Temple of Doom is Amazing
2) The D&D group I DM for is known as Pickle's Peppers because of a pickled group member and we were at the expo.

shiajun

Jun 12, 2008
I have to agree with Mike in that pickles aren't kinda gross. But coming from Mike, it's just more item to the list of things he cannot eat at all. :)

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
Dear Mr. Tito,

You sir did not hug me, you signed my Expo pass.

Love,
The Guy that told you to Smile.

PS
It makes me feel amazing to be mentioned as part of what made the weekend for Greg. I got a little choked up.

pretzels

Oct 5, 2010
Expo was a blast! They were right, I didn't interact with any crazies at the expo, which is unusual for a nerd con.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Hah the cat loaf pose one of my cats five poses.

1.Cat Loaf
2.The Blob (when she is very sound asleep)
3.The Bastet (when she haunches back on her back legs like the statues in egypt)
4.The Stretch (when she lays in the sun. Often accompanied by The Blob)
5.The upside down head roll (when I'm at my desk trying to work on something and she wants petting)

Also I think everyone should post pictures of there animals here. I'd start if I knew how to post pictures in a forum post.

Mike Kayatta

Minister of Secrets
Aug 2, 2011
The Rogue Wolf said:
TimeLord said:
For those of you wondering. This is Mike's Skyrim helmet made of 3/4 Magic 2013 hats at registration on Sunday!

And here's what it looks like when not being fueled by pure evil:

Haha, that thing took me all morning. Who knows what happened to it, though. I think I left it in the room.

Tusalu

Sep 6, 2010
I would have loved to attend the Expo, if only I didn't live on a different continent.

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
One weird thing about Indiana Jones; I actually like number four. I really do. For some reason, all the glaring flaws and horribleness of that film just doesn't register with me. I'd even say it's my favorite.

But there's also an obvious explanation to that. Sure, I saw the "proper" Indiana Jones-films as a kid, but that was on VHS, and it never really was a "thing", I never had any memories attached to them, like I imagine most people who did have a problem with film four do have. It might be a generation thing.

Thing is, the fourth film is my special Indiana Jones-film, it's the one I saw in theaters, when it was brand new. It's the only film I've got clear memories attached to. Sure, I've always felt the Indianamagic and the spirit of adventure in the older films, but... Oddly, I don't feel that it's missing that in number four.

I guess I just don't "get" it. I wasn't there, too late to the party and I got attached to the new one because I didn't have that particular connection to the Indiana Jones trilogy. It's an interesting reminder of how relative things can be sometimes.

(Also, total whine I just need out from my system :3 ; Indiana have jumped out of a plane inside a rubber raft, then steering it down a mountain, without a scratch. I just can't see why hiding from an atomic bomb inside a fridge is such a huge break compared to that. )

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Also I think that Mikes odd bathroom story seems a little too strange to be true. Not that he is lying but rather I think these guys were doing this on purpose just to creep people out.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Great podcast guys and girl! :D

I'm really looking forward for next year's expo to see these panels&podcast again.