Escapist Podcast: 125: Dungeon Keeper, Jesse Eisenberg and Superhero Movies

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
125: Dungeon Keeper, Jesse Eisenberg and Superhero Movies

This week, the Escapist crew discusses their favorite superhero film and EA's new Dungeon Keeper Mobile game.

Watch Video

MrHide-Patten

Jun 10, 2009
Probably the only free to play games that I've spent money on is Asphalt 8 on my phone and Warframe on PS4. Only because I've played those games for longer than I've played games that I've shoveled out $60 bucks up front to play... and never did (DmC and Rememeber Me, which became free on PS+ to make matters worse).

I will pay money to play a good game.

Branindain

Jul 3, 2013
As an Australian, I laugh out loud when I hear things like that about Eric Bana. Americans associate him with grizzled, serious war veteran types? Awesome. For the record, before going to Hollywood Eric Bana spent a decade as one of the main stars of Fast Forward, an Australian MADtv style goofy sketch comedy, so now it's hard for me every time I watch a movie where I'm supposed to take him seriously.

Henriot

Dec 15, 2011
Branindain said:
As an Australian, I laugh out loud when I hear things like that about Eric Bana. Americans associate him with grizzled, serious war veteran types? Awesome. For the record, before going to Hollywood Eric Bana spent a decade as one of the main stars of Fast Forward, an Australian MADtv style goofy sketch comedy, so now it's hard for me every time I watch a movie where I'm supposed to take him seriously.
Technically Full Frontal, not Fast Forward. "Poida" was a classic character.

That said, The Castle is what I think of when someone says Eric Bana. Talking about "culture".

Branindain

Jul 3, 2013
Henriot said:
Branindain said:
Technically Full Frontal, not Fast Forward. "Poida" was a classic character.

That said, The Castle is what I think of when someone says Eric Bana. Talking about "culture".
TELL IM E'S DREAMIN! It's been a long time.

He was in some Judd Apatow movie once, whose name escapes me, playing a bit of an obnoxious bogan with full Aussie accent intact. He goes off on this rant about Australian football, and I love it because I know he's actually ranting about his real team, and the footage is of them making the Grand Final. It's literally the only thing I remember about the film, although I think I liked it as I was watching it. His whole Hollywood career feels like an inside joke on Americans to me.

Kirill Steshin

Oct 4, 2012
"What is wrong with EA"? That's a dumb question for a game journalist. It's their stock prices which plummeted in 2008 from 48 to 21 dollars, and COD syndrome.