Escapist role-playing and you.

Smolderin

Feb 5, 2012
I must say this is a wonderful thread, lots of great information here for beginning and exert Roleplayers alike. Good on ya OP.

Captain Anon

Mar 5, 2012
Higurashi said:
hello i don't know if you know me but i'm David Woon and apparently i have a bad reputation and i'm like demonjazz, i come because i seek guidance my characters are bad, my gammer even worse i really need your help if you can give it i beg you, please help me

JokerboyJordan

Sep 6, 2009
Captain Anon said:
Higurashi said:
hello i don't know if you know me but i'm David Woon and apparently i have a bad reputation and i'm like demonjazz, i come because i seek guidance my characters are bad, my gammer even worse i really need your help if you can give it i beg you, please help me
No offense, but perhaps you should check their profile. They haven't been online since last year.

Just from that small section of writing, there is so much wrong with spelling, punctuation and grammar.
My advice is to invest in a web browser with a built in spell-check. I for one use Google Chrome, which suits my needs just fine.

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
Miss G. said:
How well do the RPs here work with different time-zones affecting posters?
They're generally slow enough that it doesn't matter so much. Though, you might miss a few things, you should be fine for the most part.

Dogmatic99

Jun 24, 2012
I'm working on an OP for an RP idea me and a friend had a while ago and was just wondering if any experienced GMs would be willing give it a quick look over in case I missed anything important or if there are any glaring issues with it. I've been working on it a while and there might be problems with it that I'm just blind to after working on it off and on as I have.

Clade-170

May 25, 2013
Hey everyone, Iv read this is a advice thread for RPs.

So Iv done a couple RPs and became convertible with RPing on Escapist. Im even GMing a RP myself called Secrets of the Dwemer, perhaps some of you noticed it or maybe even skimmed through it some. Its coming along pretty nicely Id say, but its not this RP I wish to discuss. Maybe I should have asked for advice before I even posted the RP but I have another one called The Moons Of Orum, a more scifi based setting. It it is a culmination of a long time of story writing and brainstorming, as in I was thinking this stuff up long before I even joined escapist. I have all the story planned out, all the worlds detailed in my mind, the factions, the BANGS and the BOOMS lol. If its more information people want Ill give it to them, If they need help getting more familiar with the Ideas Ill help them. Its my very own Original Universe, or so that was the aim. And understand if thats why people are hesitant about it. I want it to be successful, and a fun experience for the people involved. So Id greatly appreciate your words of Wisdom and advice how I can do just that...Clade out lol

Edit: This link should take you to it http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/540.824764-The-moons-of-Orum-scifi-sign-up-thread

Higurashi

Jan 23, 2008
JokerboyJordan said:
Captain Anon said:
Higurashi said:
No offense, but perhaps you should check their profile. They haven't been online since last year.
Oh, I check back now and then as a guest ;>

Sounds like something you'd wanna take to PM, Captain Anon. My activity is spotty, but I can probably help you a bit.

Since I'm posting: thanks for all the new encouraging posts :D

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Need to give this a read sometime. RPing sounds like a fun time.

sasa23

Nov 2, 2016
Today I learned a lot from your website. thank you
Thank you for sharing the information very useful. It is very pleasant to read this article from your website.
waiting for next article, so interesting. OBAT BATUK [http://obatbatuk.healthylifeindonesia.com/]

sasa23

Nov 2, 2016
Thank you for sharing the information very useful. It is very pleasant to read this article from your website. OBAT BATUK [http://obatbatuk.agaricpro.web.id]

sasa23

Nov 2, 2016
waiting for next article, so interesting. OBAT BATUK [http://obatbatuk.agaricpro.net/] Today I learned a lot from your website. thank you

gameicreate upload

Mar 13, 2018
To act and speak as if you are the character you're portraying. To roleplay is as much about what not to say as what TO say. It means to keep your speech in the context of the setting in which your character exists. Context can be defined as both time and place.
Most roleplaying that occurs is in an online setting, such as an online game, a chat room, or a message board.