Escapist Under New Management (Again)

Matthew Jabour

Jan 13, 2012
Ah, back on the forum after so long. Feels like much longer than just a couple years.

Any word on the other folks coming back? Jim, MoS, Extra Credits - anyone else on board?

Rodario TheMighty

Feb 26, 2011
Matthew Jabour said:
Ah, back on the forum after so long. Feels like much longer than just a couple years.

Any word on the other folks coming back? Jim, MoS, Extra Credits - anyone else on board?
I heard they are doing a panel soon where they talk about the new escapist. Graham from Lrr is on it so maybe they are putting a show back on here?

Hopposai

Jun 9, 2009
Glad to see the site is heading back to its roots. I have missed it. Happy to see you back at the helm Russ. Can you bring back the animated shorts and web comics like back 06-08. It's what brought be me to the site in the beginning.

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
Hopposai said:
Glad to see the site is heading back to its roots. I have missed it. Happy to see you back at the helm Russ. Can you bring back the animated shorts and web comics like back 06-08. It's what brought be me to the site in the beginning.
Sure thing.

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
This is the first time I've caught on that the new owner was, indeed, that guy who posted on the forum almost exactly a year ago mentioning that he was interested and that he'd already bought out Destructoid. I'll repeat what I said back then: One company owning two video game sites at a time when video game media is already a shrinking market is at best redundant and at worst a conflict of interest just waiting to happen.

But it's good to see this site brought back to life, or something like it. During the site's dark years I continued to check in on Zero Punctuation with the justification that since they'd given me (and just about everyone else) a free Pub Club upgrade, I was actually costing them money by continuing to traffic the site instead of watch on YouTube. But I still felt kind of dirty continuing to consume content by someone who had allied himself with the site. I'm still not sure how to feel about that, to be honest, and I feel like someone owes me an explanation. Bob said in his latest vlog that Macris was "feeding information" about some of his employees to Gamergaters at one point, which I interpreted as doxxing (because really, who would expect less from the man who ended up partnering with Milo?), so it wouldn't surprise me if threats were involved in keeping Yahtzee around.

oathblade

Aug 16, 2009
I left when Bob was fired. Im really glad to have a reason to come back.

Personally I miss the Feed Dump crew the most. Alex is the cutest devil.

Necabo

Jul 11, 2011
I mean the feed dump crew (read: LRR) is still around and doing well on youtube, and considering Graham was on the PAX escapist panel they might contribute something to the site!?

PS damnn....my old account still worked

Baldrek

Elite Member
Jun 26, 2008
Country
Norway
I haven't been here in quite some time and I'm glad my nostalgia brought me here today, because this is great news. Looking forward to seeing what you all decide to do with the site. Best regards and godspeed to all of you.

Dendio

Mar 24, 2010
Movie Bob told us on youtube that the Escapist is making a comeback.

I'm very happy to see it raise back up from the dead like a phoenix. I really hope the Escapist prospers!

How amazing is it that so many of us who joined a decade plus ago still keep up with this site so many years later :)

Dendio

Mar 24, 2010
*sorry, page glitched out and double posted by accident*

Still, here's to the good times both past and future!

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
Dendio said:
Movie Bob told us on youtube that the Escapist is making a comeback.

I'm very happy to see it raise back up from the dead like a phoenix. I really hope the Escapist prospers!

How amazing is it that so many of us who joined a decade plus ago still keep up with this site so many years later :)
Super amazing.

mastermarty

Feb 13, 2010
I'm genuinely amazed to read this. In the past I used to visit this site daily and I hope to do so again soon! Here's to a fresh start!

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Wow. I came back to see how the Escapist was doing, it's been a while since I hung up my mod boots, and low and behold... the prodigal son has returned!

It's amazing to see something come of the Escapist once more. The old days were full of fun and interesting conversation, and not least the Escapist Expos which I flew halfway around the world to attend!

I sincerely wish the very best for the future, and if you need any extra manpower on the moderation side, I would be more than happy to lend a hand!

Marik Bentusi

Aug 20, 2010
Oh man, good thing I manually checked this site, looks like the site revamp disabled the Zero Punctuation RSS feed (and it looks like the new site doesn't have a ZP-specific RSS feed yet). Happy to see the site is still alive tho!

Kameburger

Turtle king
Apr 7, 2012
I'm really happy that the escapist is back and releasing content again. My muscle memory for typing in that URL withstood the sites death for far longer than I'm proud of. But I'm excited to see it back with some of my favorite columns back in true form.

If I could through out one criticism, The new layout is nice looking, but it looks a little too much like polygon. I mean I know it's just a look, but each site has it's own character, and I feel like the new design is trying a bit too hard to look like polygon. I mean don't get me wrong, I'm 100% behind their dedicated Pokemon section; That's just freaking awesome. But visually the sites don't need to look exactly the same just in slightly different color schemes.

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
Only just now got around to revisiting the Escapist proper. I had to dust off my old account to say "Good to have you back, Russ."