Escapists, Are you unemployed or lucky enough to still be employed?

SteinFaust

Jun 30, 2008
Mister Benoit said:
O.O ewe, sorry to hear, worst that happens here is the cream cheese is just left out but it's generally finished before it has time to go bad.

Also aside from Mondays the rest of the week is generally pretty relaxed with like 2-5 minute intervals between calls and they just tend to all be refunds.
refunds? what do you do?

omega247

Apr 12, 2010
I graduated from uni in august last year and have been unemployed since. Its really frustrating because I cant get a job in a bar/shop/whatever as I dont have previous experience, but I also cant get a job in the field of my degree (chemistry) which is my long term goal as there are no jobs in that area... :(

Ghadente

White Rabbit
Mar 21, 2009
i am lucky to be employed but unlucky to be employed at a job that sucks and is not in my field :(

KSarty

Aug 5, 2008
Currently employed. I was laid off early last year but I found another job within a month. I have a marketable skill.

diablomaki

Jul 17, 2009
i got layed off last thursday because my boss couldnt find any work for his surveying company so me and another guy got the boot, as of now im wondering how im gonna do for my 6 month old son

Billion Backs

Apr 20, 2010
Student, working part-time at some shitty supermarket.

While minimum wage sucks, you get to get away with a lot of things and the work isn't exactly challenging... So...

Might consider getting a second job/volunteer experience during summer, hopefully somewhere I care about. Although it's going to invade on my time playing D&D and studying computer stuff for college preemptively.

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
Currently in school, but hoping for a summer job. Probably won't find one, they all go so fast sand I can't even find my national insurance number.

Deadlock Radium

Mar 29, 2009
Currently unemployed because my former job crashed with the time of day I go to school, so I had to quit because of exhaustion after a while.
But on the bright side, I'm being evaluated at another place, where the wage is insaaaaneee.
[SUB]Well, it's insane to be work for a 16 year old in Norway..[/SUB]

Discord

Monk of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2009
Luckly enough for me I work in the education field so I always will have a job or at lease some job open to me. It's the part time and support staff that I worry about with all of these budget cuts that are going around.

Thisbedutch

Apr 23, 2009
Currently fortunately employed at my local hospital. Because I'm Bank staff (i.e. part-time) they threaten to drop all of us Bank staff, but they just don't have enough nurses to follow through, so the next two years should be interesting.

wolfister

Oct 20, 2008
I am currently employed at an insurance agency. Although I would not call the absolute monotony of this job luck at most times. I guess it does beat being unemployed though.

diddykonger

Jan 14, 2009
employed for about the last 2 1/2 years, planning to leave it to return to college as my job highly depends on the state of the economy; and with how things are currently working in the hospitality business in this economy(especially if you are in non managerial job) finding "stable" hours is hard when you are at the bottom seniority list.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
I work for Avon, but it doesn't pay very well. It's only really for a little extra money. I'm done with school very soon, so I'll be able to get a job at a supermarket or somewhere daft for now.

Wolfie89

Aug 16, 2009
i work in a zoo been there for 4 years and am head keeper of the wolves, cant see em getting rid of me as it takes ages to make a bond with the wolves and get them to trust you and they sometimes piss on you hence why not alot of people wanna work with them.

TOGSolid

Jul 15, 2008
I have a job that doesn't involve being a corporate slave or a retail zombie so I'm pretty much ok. I'm a marine engineer for the state of Alaska.

Forktongue

May 19, 2009
I was unemployed for about three months. Just got hired by a big company for their in-house design department. Which is for the best because I was getting kind of tired with obsessively scrubbing my home while questioning my worth as a designer.

I've always tried to follow the advice of a friend of mine. She always treated job hunting like it was a job itself. Hunt only mon - fri for 4 - 8 hours a day. Helps keep some sort of structure in your life and keeps you from getting burnt out too quickly. Good luck Pandy, something is bound to come up sooner or later.