Escapists, come to my rescue I beg of thee...

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
Fellow escapees, I find myself in quite a predicament which is why I beg unto thee: Aid me in my peril.
I am in dire need of a massive time-waster, a game I can play for hours and hours AND HOURS, without resorting to playing online, since where I am now, my PS3 has been rendered unable to access the internet, which is also why I won't continue playing Dark Souls for the time being (that and the fact that I really REALLY played it to death).
I need a game that will not cease to entertain me for a long time, with a good combat system and a compelling story, with exploration and a good combat system, and preferably an open world, and a good combat system and of course great gameplay, aka, a good combat system, well-implemented mechanics, a good combat system, etc..
Good combat system = Something like Dark Souls, Monster Hunter and the likes, NOT like Fallout, TES or any JRPG.
Does anything spring to mind?
And it has to be on PS3. Nothing else will do. Not an exclusive, but it has to be out for PS3.
If so, please help me out here, any contribution will be appreciated.

Daystar, I already played Okami.

Gurgleflob

Jun 29, 2012
Shadow of the Colossus! It's so good. Get it.

Calibanbutcher said:
I am in dire need of a massive time-waster, a game I can play for hours and hours AND HOURS
Oh.

Dead Island, then. Fun combat, open world, OK story, and a helicopter pilot who walks like he shat his pants!

Lazy

Aug 12, 2012
Sounds like you want something with melee combat, so I'd suggest Dragon's Dogma.

Rewdalf

Usually Sacrastic
Jan 6, 2010
I'm just going to say what everyone is thinking.

Minecraft...

What more do you want out of a combat system?
Point.
Click.
Repeat.

You even get to craft and enchant your own weapons!
With a choice between swords, axes, and bows!

Etcetera, etcetera...
Hours, you say? Minecraft will have you on it for days...

[HEADING=2]Quick disclaimer[/HEADING]
What you put into Minecraft is what you get out of it!
So before you say "Minecraft sucks, it didn't hold my attention," make sure you actually tried...

Otherwise, it's not the best game in the world and those who do like it need to respect those who don't...

Cosmosis

Mar 12, 2012
Yakuza 3 or 4 both have pretty good combat systems, and they're open world in an odd orderly kind of way.

But... They're sort of JRPGs, or more specifically a beat'em up/JRPG hybrid. Instead of turn-based combat in your random encounters, you can just pick up a motorcycle and total it against someone's skull.