Escapist's Holiday Gift Guide - Tabletop

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Escapist's Holiday Gift Guide - Tabletop

Wondering what to gift your tabletop game loving friends and family? We've got you covered.

Read Full Article

Jan 12, 2012
Did Dragon Age come out with some new books this year that I'm not aware of? I thought the line had petered out for the most part, with the second adventure pack still not released though the game came out in 2010. It's still a good game, but surprising to see it on a list like this, which usually focuses on things that came out this year (like the excellent Shadow Throne).

Nergui

Dec 13, 2013
No mention of Battletech.

captcha - can I love? - YES! you can love Battletech.

The_State

Jun 25, 2008
Thunderous Cacophony said:
Did Dragon Age come out with some new books this year that I'm not aware of? I thought the line had petered out for the most part, with the second adventure pack still not released though the game came out in 2010. It's still a good game, but surprising to see it on a list like this, which usually focuses on things that came out this year (like the excellent Shadow Throne).
Or the more on-point Cypher System corebook.

Caffiene

Jul 21, 2010
As far as I can tell, anybody wanting the Spellbook Game Box for christmas is going to be very disappointed.

Even if the giver already knew about it and was in on the kickstarter before it closed, its not due to deliver until march of next year [edit: Correction. There was one gift level with xmas fullfillment date, for US backers only, and a giftable order form thingy] And if you only found out about it through this list like I did, there doesnt appear to be any way currently to get one at all unless or until the KS fulfillment finishes and they start regular retail sales at some unknown future point. The best you can do is sign up for their mailing list.