Escapists! Show me your tattoos!

Rose and Thorn

May 4, 2012
Ahhh you asked this question too early Kemea, I won't have mine completed for another nine monthes. I am doing my whole back. The theme is Roses, vines, thorns and angel wings, all being in a very gemini pattern.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Rose and Thorn said:
I won't have mine completed for another nine monthes
You know, it's really good you specified afterwards because that was otherwise a...curious timeframe :D

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
Rose and Thorn said:
Ahhh you asked this question too early Kemea, I won't have mine completed for another nine monthes. I am doing my whole back. The theme is Roses, vines, thorns and angel wings, all being in a very gemini pattern.
Sticking with your common theme I see :D It'll definitely be distinctive, that's for sure.

@OP I've got none right now, but I might go for something simple like Tron's Iso symbol on my arms, since it means something pretty resonant to me. Pretty personal subject.

Rose and Thorn

May 4, 2012
DoPo said:
Rose and Thorn said:
I won't have mine completed for another nine monthes
You know, it's really good you specified afterwards because that was otherwise a...curious timeframe :D
Yeah...hehe it does seem like a large time. Plus it is only a estimated time. It is a very large area to do all in one sitting and it is also very expensive so I am stretching it out so I don't go bankrupt in one sitting, plus like I said, my WHOLE back. From lower back all the way to the shoulders.

Like look as this guys price.

tricky-crazy said:
sky14kemea said:
How much did it cost?

The fixed price was 360$ (Canadian dollar), but I gave another 60$ for the tip so 420$. It could have cost much more if I did two session for the tattoo, when she offered me to do it in one sitting I decided to do that. It took 4h30 of tattooing, which wasn't pleasant at the end. How much yours cost ?
Now imagine the whole back! Now if only I was rich... By the way awesome tat tricky-crazy! Very sexy, I agree what you said for the most part about no meaning in a tattoo. My tattoo has meaning, but I am making it very pretty to look at as well. That is why I would never tattoo words on myself for fear of losing meaning in the words. Atleast if I lose meaning in my design it will still look great. I doubt I will lose meaning though. I don't do something until I ponder it for a long while.

an annoyed writer said:
Rose and Thorn said:
Sticking with your common theme I see :D It'll definitely be distinctive, that's for sure.

@OP I've got none right now, but I might go for something simple like Tron's Iso symbol on my arms, since it means something pretty resonant to me. Pretty personal subject.
Yes, I love me some Roses. :) I don't mind inking my whole back because I don't use my back for much of anything, like jewelry or anything. I might look into something on my upper arms or legs later down the road. I think the ISO symbol looks really cool. Would you get one on both of your arms? You will have to tell me why it is so special to you sometime! :)

thejackyl

Apr 16, 2008
Well, I don't have any... yet. I have 3 planned, and one of those I might not get. I have thin skin and I bleed... A LOT, so I don't think getting a tattoo on the bottom of my wrist is a good idea.

Anyways, My first one will be on my upper right arm and will be:

My second one, I haven't decided where it will be, but probably on my left forearm, and it will be:

Third one, and the one I don't think I will ever get:
Again, thin skin and the fact that when I bleed, I BLEED

Though when I get my first one, I'm going to troll everyone on Facebook by photoshopping out the first tattoo and placing
where it is, just to see the responses I get.

DrRockor

Jun 24, 2008
I have 5, all either video games or anime ralated

warning: long spoiler

Top one is Skate and the one below is bleach

Mirror's Edge

Fullmetal Alchemist

Fairy Tail

I'm also designing a Persona 4 tattoo. Something to do with the arcana cards.

Lonewolfm16

Feb 27, 2012
Don't have a tatoo, but if I did I know what I would get. A valknut... looking at my avatar I am guessing you know why.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
dontcha guys know you shouldnt get tatoos because you'll regret it when your 50, cuz you know thats really realy imporant or somthing

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Its so awesome!!!
Suck it haters. A lemon that is.

Wish I had a better camera at the time or cared to get a better pic right now. But thats so much work.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009

So nice to have it after wanting it for years. It has healed up considerably since that picture was taken.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
Rose and Thorn said:
Awwwh, no picture of the work in progress? =[ That sounds really awesome though. I'd love something really pretty on my back (Though I was leaning more towards an Angel Wings theme).
Redlin5 said:

So nice to have it after wanting it for years. It has healed up considerably since that picture was taken.
Now you match your avatar! O: That's fantastic!

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
thejackyl said:
Though when I get my first one, I'm going to troll everyone on Facebook by photoshopping out the first tattoo and placing
where it is, just to see the responses I get.
I did the exact same thing! Though mine wasn't as well-planned.

I got a few laughs from it.

Edit: Whoops, double posted o: Meant to edit.

aether-x3

Jul 15, 2010
I want one but 1. Scared of pain. 2. Can you even get a tattoo if you have a heart condition..

that being said, If I can, Id want to get the Anti possession Tattoo from Supernatural.

Brainwreck

Dec 2, 2012
Ain't got one. Doubt I could ever think up something cool enough that I'd be willing to keep it for good.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
aether-x3 said:
I want one but 1. Sacred of pain. 2. Can you even get a tattoo if you have a heart condition..

that being said, If I can, Id want to get the Anti possession Tattoo from Supernatural.
I get the fear of pain, it's what stopped me for ages. You either gotta go for it, or just not bother. (IMO It's not that bad, the fear of the pain is worse than the actual pain. xD)

Also I think you can still get a tattoo with a heart condition. :/

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
sky14kemea said:
Redlin5 said:

Now you match your avatar! O: That's fantastic!
Thank you, thank you. :D

I like it. a lot. XD

BabyRaptor

Dec 17, 2010
I don't have a picture immediately available, but I'll get one if it's demanded.

19 year old me was not the brightest crayon in the box. There was a lot of shit happening in my life, and I was in that "young and in love" phase. So, I got my then husband's initials as a tattoo on my right hip.

His initials are STD.

No, this isn't a joke, I really was that stupid. It makes for great conversation starters now, though. Everyone finds it hilarious.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
I have a Liverbird on my chest but no picture...
I might edit this at some point if I feel like it :p