Escapists! What's cheered you up today?

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
Redlin5 said:
EscapeGoat said:
what's cheered you up today?
Seeing you come back! :)

Also what really got me in a good mood was spending my break at work writing out my novel idea again. I'm not going to sit on my ass any longer! It is time to.... sit on my ass.... AND WRITE THIS BOOK!

My goal is to have it done by September.

I also had a blast playing some Floor Killer with my pal from Saskatchewan.
Well aren't you the nicest :)

It's awesome you're focusing on getting it written, may I ask what it's about?

username sucks said:
The realization that no matter what happens to me in the future, I will have friends. It might not sound like that much, but to someone that has gone through the majority of his life alone, it is very comforting.
Now that is something to be glad about. It's a realisation I've had before in my life and yes, it is a comforting thought.

Aerosteam said:
Today is my first Monday after leaving high school so I finally got to bin all my school papers... with great satisfaction. :p
Haha, getting rid of all my horrendously overpriced English Lit textbooks (as well as miserable novels that sapped my life to read) was one of the most satisfying parts of this week :D

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Vault101 said:
huh thats funny...because I'm the oposite..I read this http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-reasons-system-rigged-a-guide-grads/

and now I'm really fucking depressed

like seriously

[sub/]whats the point in anything?[/sub]
You make your own points in life, don't let others tell you what the point of something is. XD Including me.

OT: My rabbit is cute, every day he's cute and it makes me happy.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Season 2 of Hannibal's ending was like, real good.
I mean it was depressing and kind of a cliffhanger and now I have to wait 9 months for more Hannibal but at least it left me wanting more compared to the alternative.

Superbun

Sep 8, 2010
This:

I'm a massive fan of the original How To Train Your Dragon movie, and it's spin-offs, so I'm kinda super hyped for the sequel coming out soon, and this clip just puts a big fat smile on my face whenever I watch it. Everything about that clip is just great, from the performances of the two actors, to the animation quality in the little bits of body language between the pair that say so much more than the dialogue alone.

It's just perfect, and melts my heart whenever I watch it.

Uhura

This ain't no hula!
Aug 30, 2012
Random person gave kudos to my TF2 Medic gameplay. It's nice to get good feedback, especially since I'm still a bit of a noob in the game.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
I watched that JonTron two-parter about Goosebumps again today. Hee hee hee, awful television programming...

Dead Century said:
Well, I purchased my first car last week. That was pretty cool.
Ooh, what kind was it???

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
Barbas said:
I watched that JonTron two-parter about Goosebumps again today. Hee hee hee, awful television programming...

Dead Century said:
Well, I purchased my first car last week. That was pretty cool.
Ooh, what kind was it???
Nothing too special. A used dark blue 2002 Hyundai Accent. It had less than 100,000 kilometres on it. And the body was pretty near mint. It also came with studded winter tires. And a sweet stereo system. The owner is a bit of car fanatic, so it was in great shape. Should be handy when I go back to school in the fall.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Dead Century said:
Nothing too special. A used dark blue 2002 Hyundai Accent. It had less than 100,000 kilometres on it. And the body was pretty near mint. It also came with studded winter tires. And a sweet stereo system. The owner is a bit of car fanatic, so it was in great shape. Should be handy when I go back to school in the fall.
Sounds like quite a nice find, congrats! Odd little wheels, but it's a car with quite a nice profile.

OT: Have another one that was a great deal funnier than it had any right to be!

Pyramid Head

Jun 19, 2011
You know what's cheered me up?

Being a dick.

I had to attend a wedding today (or rather yesterday since midnight passed shortly after the reception ended), and i was fucking miserable. The clothes were very uncomfortable, the food was well below the par even my dumbest classmate in culinary school set, and the music and dancing were torture.

And then, i said fuck this. I got the bride to sneak me out, and i found myself suddenly happy again reading Kitchen Confidential and listening to my own music on my smuggled Mp3 player, actually singing along to "One More Soul to the Call" and "Cult of Personality," safely away from the noise and epileptic fits on the dance floor.