Escapists: Why are we so different?

Thundero13

Mar 19, 2009
The mods are really strict here, possibly too strict but it does keep the trolls away so i'm not complaining, as for why we often have similiar responses to things, many people come here for the videos the escapist has mainly Yahtzee so maybe people with similiar sense of humour have similiar opinions.

Sun Flash

Fus Roh Dizzle
Apr 15, 2009
The Stonker said:
But isn't he kinda of an asshole if he thinks that?
Yes, but he is entitled to his opinion. He didn't go around saying "burn all teh fagz!!". It just irks me that people here rattle on about tolerance and freedom of speech, but as soon as someone disagrees with them (like in that guys case, he didn't want to see it, but whatever goes down behind doors is up to them)they screech about narrow mindedness and persecution. I gues it's the hypocrisy that annoys me, I guess.

And as if to screw myself over, I can't find the thread. But for similar results, just search "homosexuality", there's a ton of threads that encapsulates all the good and bad points of The Escapist.

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
D_987 said:
Boneasse said:
Ah, roger that! You had me worried there. And to your other repose, I guess that's true but some people are just like that, I suppose?
True, but it's part of the reason I dislike these type of threads - people often use them to congratulate themselves, when it's usually the small minority of the forum community that create thought provoking or interesting threads.
Truth hath been spoken, although I think at least as a community the majority of us respect and encourage interesting and thought provoking threads. Not that that's enough to stop the majority of threads containing 75% inane comments and pointless quotes. But still, I think that's a reason this place is more enjoyable than the vacuous free-for-all that is youtube, facebook (any social networking sites for that matter) etc. Plus the mod's are pretty much on the ball (most of the time)...

gibboss28

Feb 2, 2008
D_987 said:
There's nothing special about this forum, bar the fact people like to pretend the community is somehow superior to other forums...
Pretty much what I came to say, it'd be pretty funny if it wasn't so sad.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Not visiting the Religion and Politics board.

Also, not checking any threads to do with Lisa Foiles (poor girl).

Also, good mods.

Lt.Snuffles

Apr 12, 2010
Well, i've been here a while, and although I don't post that much I can see that although the mods do mop up the shit, people here seem to instantly reject the kind people who break the forum rules and generally try and piss people off, and most people from what I see "don't feed the trolls".

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
Boneasse said:
Drakmeire said:
The mods keep us all in line. if you troll here you don't receive any mercy and rightly so.
There my be trolls from time to time but they vanish quickly.
That's true. But that doesn't explain why the overall responses are so positive in this site?
That's probably due to the fact that the majority of the content here is silly and humorous, which in turn breeds happiness and silly people who are generally positive.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Drakmeire said:
The mods keep us all in line. if you troll here you don't receive any mercy and rightly so.
There my be trolls from time to time but they vanish quickly.
I have to agree with that. The mods are alot quicker to crack down on things here than on most sites.

linwolf

Jan 9, 2010
Only difference are some good mods, this board are no more intelligent than the rest of the net.