ESO is on sale for 50% off on Steam this weekend

plus2exp

Aug 31, 2011
My apologies if this has already been posted. I just wanted to share with you guys that ESO is on sale this weekend on Steam. The $60.00 price tag is what has kept me from buying the game. 30 bucks though? Sure, I'll give it a try for that.

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
Gundam GP01 said:
First thought: "The fuck is ESO"

Second thought: "Oh yeah, that shitty Elder Scrolls MMO"

Third thought: "Didnt that have subscription fees?"
Still dose which would make me buying it right now pretty pointless since it would be at least another month till I have time to properly sit down and play it for long enough to be worth a sub fee.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
The 60 dollar price tag wasn't what was keeping me from getting it. It's the subscription fee and the fact that it's a less than stellar game in general.

Gorrath

Feb 22, 2013
Call me whenever you like. I enjoy chatting and making new friends. But forget that elder scrolls MMO. Seems not all the good.

CWestfall

Apr 16, 2009
Gundam GP01 said:
First thought: "The fuck is ESO"

Second thought: "Oh yeah, that shitty Elder Scrolls MMO"

Third thought: "Didnt that have subscription fees?"
I was legitimately surprised to see it had subscription fees. I know you gotta pay for servers and whatnot, but it seems like only World of Warcraft can get away with charging both monthly and upfront. And the upfront cost of WoW is about three times less than ESO.

Mopar63

Mar 20, 2009
I will offer a counter opinion because I actually like the game. I wanted to hate it when my wife made me buy it but the truth is the game is one of the most engaging MMOs I have seen out right now. I enjoy the exploration, the PVP is solid and the new group content is good.

They are updating pretty regularly and if they keep this up I have no issue paying a subscription fee.

Gankytim

May 14, 2014
Save your money, guys.

ESO is an Elder Scrolls game in the same way that Megablocks are Lego and Indianna Jones is an accurate representation of archaeology.

Gankytim

May 14, 2014
Fancy Pants said:
Gankytim said:
Save your money, guys.

ESO is an Elder Scrolls game in the same way that Megablocks are Lego and Indianna Jones is an accurate representation of archaeology.
Megablocks is way better than Lego. It even has mega in the name.
I guess you're just mad at Legos because you stepped on one in the past.

masticina

Jan 19, 2011
eeeh ESO? Mmm well if you have to ask. No

Look First of all I am not at all a MMO player now that some are utterly free I still don't play them. B

UT even if, ESO has a monthly payment, no just no! I like the world of skyrim and oblivion and so on but.. and I get that in the MMO they can make it really big and fill it up with content. Yes, fine... at $15 a month I just don't want to go there.

So personally no. If I was an MMO player or if I had a good friend that was an MMO player? No!

Frozengale

Sep 9, 2009
I got to play in several of the Beta Weekends for ESO. And I was largely unimpressed. Everytime I played it I just kept thinking, "You know, I really wanna go play Skyrim now." If your game just keeps reminding me of other games I'd rather be playing, then guess what, it doesn't matter how much you put it on sale for, or how many subscription fees you drop. I'm still not playing your game.

Bland story, fairly bland combat, no real interesting customization.

You know what else is on sale this week : Skyrim.

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
I enjoyed playing the beta. I had to keep reminding myself that it was an MMO to rationalise why the more hard-core exploration and dungeon crawling was completely absent and that there was no way it could deliver the same nuances as the main series, but I still enjoyed it. Especially towards the end once I hit level 15+ and started to head out into the world more.

But I definitely won't buy anything with a subscription fee, even if it's the best game on earth. Once it goes though I will definitely look into buying it.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
I won't play that game anymore even if they make it free to play.

Biggest mistake of spending 60 euro ever. I played 1 months got to max level and got bored out of my mind..even the story was lacking big time and was very underwhelming.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
If somebody is willing to spend a significant portion of their paycheque every damn month in order to keep playing a game, then the initial pricetag is not going to be their primary barrier.